Hi Frank,
I gather you've got your system where you want it, are you still considering Garriton's GM set when it finally arrives?
I gather you'd be using it for style parts instead of Bandstand?? or have you swapped to something else?
I basically stopped using my softsynth/software arranger setup some 15 months ago, after buying my PA800.
Still use One Man Band software, for editing psr styles.

Have there been any great new developments as far as softsynths go?
The biggest problem during the time I was involved, was the lack of good quality softsynths that were able to handle the bank & program changes in realtime. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but at the time about the only options were Soundfonts, Hypercanvas?? Bandstand any others I've missed?? Are there any new ones which may be suitable?

With all the above soundsources, a certain amount of tweaking had to be done on an original psr style, if it was to play back correctly, drums being the main problem.

Just wondering what the main difference between using Live Styler on the MediaStation would be , as against using Live Styler on PC ( as you do).

Mediastation is getting an XG giga bank.

Could giga samples be used on a pc based system. Are any of the giga sample players suitable for playback for style parts as far as realtime bank & program changes go.
Can't remember if a giga sample player was one of the options for style parts a couple of years ago.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
[B]Rikki, it may be hard to believe that I have not made many changes to my software based arranger system in recent times. As you know I spent a great deal of time getting my system up to the quality and reliability standards I set for myself. I still prefer my software based system over any of the hardware based arranger systems out there today. I have operated my software system now for many many years.

I am all for progress and aplaud the development of the MS. It has a better control surface compared to my system for one.

Rikki, I still think you and Fran should just give up on the hardware stuff and again adopt the software approach....you just can't lose!!! Besides I need some friends..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022