Rikki, as I noted previously the only changes I have made during the last year or so is updating the software, e.g., Kontakt, drivers and so on. My PCs are getting long in the tooth (4 years or so) and I may change them once Windows 7 becomes well established (and stable).

I still use Bandstand and SGM180 LiveSynth Pro. Once Garritan comes out with his GM I would give it a try....and yes I would only use such wavetables for the arranger parts and better quality instruments for my right hand parts.

As far as samplers go, kontakt is one of the best. If you want to setup your own system from scratch you can with it. You can select your own group of instruments in kontakt and then send it bank & program numbers to select/change instruments. Kontakt is very good quality and very flexible.

I used GIGA Samplers and instruments many years ago. They were the only show in town at that time. At that time Nemsys was the company that produced them. They have since been bought out by Tascam and Tascam I think has dropped this part of the business altogether. There are much better samplers and sounds these days then GIGA....just my opinion.

Live-Styler should function similarily on both the MS and PC. The only difference is the operating system (Windows vs Linux).

Now there have been some new developments with respect to samplers. Garritan has come out with Aria (Plogue) and East - West with Play. They finding it a rough go to make things work on all the various different PCs. Kontakt has been very stable on my PC for years. So I plan on staying with it.