I saw it questioned in a few threads recently-.. so here is a link to a short sample that I did with my software arranger system setup, to give an idea of what it sounds like. It's just something I made up "on the fly" when I was messing around.
http://www.geocities.com/bluezplayer/AJ2005Demo1.mp3

Every instrument played on this clip comes from the style except for the piano. I played the piano sound live by comping with my right hand while I controlled the styles and chord settings with my left. I used One Man Band as my arranger and FL studio with XLutop Chainer as my Vsti / Vst efx host. I used my Motif ES as the controller.

I used the Rock Ballad style from the PSR2000. It is a quick setup only because I have saved templates for several of my favorite styles. I simply open up an .flp file in FL and it's all there, almost like saving to a registration in an arranger.

Initially setting these up does take some time, which is why I am hoping that the new Native Instrument GM module is going to be a better solution. Better in that it should be able to read and change GM patches on the fly. I think with 2gb of samples there is a good chance that it will be a good sounding module.

I used the following for the instruments:

Drums - Hypersonic Natural Gated kit
Bass - Plugsound GM Electric Bass
AC Guitar - Plugsound - Guild w/ stereo spread
Electric Guitar - Plugsound Strat with SM57 stereo spread
Synth- Crystal ( freeware ) String n Vox patch that I made using soundfonts
Electric Keys - Plugsound GM EP-1
Piano ( Played Live ) Edirol Super Quartet -Stereo Concert Grand

Effects- FL 7 band EQ ( Master Effect )

The only alterations I did to the original recorded wav file was to normalize and fade in / out.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-16-2005).]