Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system

Posted by: Bluezplayer

Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 06:47 PM

I saw it questioned in a few threads recently-.. so here is a link to a short sample that I did with my software arranger system setup, to give an idea of what it sounds like. It's just something I made up "on the fly" when I was messing around.
http://www.geocities.com/bluezplayer/AJ2005Demo1.mp3

Every instrument played on this clip comes from the style except for the piano. I played the piano sound live by comping with my right hand while I controlled the styles and chord settings with my left. I used One Man Band as my arranger and FL studio with XLutop Chainer as my Vsti / Vst efx host. I used my Motif ES as the controller.

I used the Rock Ballad style from the PSR2000. It is a quick setup only because I have saved templates for several of my favorite styles. I simply open up an .flp file in FL and it's all there, almost like saving to a registration in an arranger.

Initially setting these up does take some time, which is why I am hoping that the new Native Instrument GM module is going to be a better solution. Better in that it should be able to read and change GM patches on the fly. I think with 2gb of samples there is a good chance that it will be a good sounding module.

I used the following for the instruments:

Drums - Hypersonic Natural Gated kit
Bass - Plugsound GM Electric Bass
AC Guitar - Plugsound - Guild w/ stereo spread
Electric Guitar - Plugsound Strat with SM57 stereo spread
Synth- Crystal ( freeware ) String n Vox patch that I made using soundfonts
Electric Keys - Plugsound GM EP-1
Piano ( Played Live ) Edirol Super Quartet -Stereo Concert Grand

Effects- FL 7 band EQ ( Master Effect )

The only alterations I did to the original recorded wav file was to normalize and fade in / out.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-16-2005).]
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 07:26 PM

Good job!.....

I love the "LIVE SOUND", hope to hear more songs with more instrument sounds too !

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-17-2005).]
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 08:34 PM

AJ,

A very nice recording with a rich piano lead and clear precise drums that blended well with other sounds.

Thanks for sharing.

The site may be busy because of limited bandwith (my opinion)
Try again.

Larry
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 09:24 PM

Hi AJ,
it sounds great. I had no problems accessing it.
best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 11:18 PM

Hi AJ

That is a very good sound. I enjoyed the music. I'm sure it took you awhile to learn to get that set-up?
Posted by: spalding

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/16/05 11:39 PM

cant access it either....
Posted by: Bluezplayer

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/17/05 01:00 AM

Thanks for the replies and for taking the time to listen. Larry is right. It's a bandwidth thing. I need a real website I guess.. lol.

Scott,

It did take a while for me. I can set them up pretty easily now I guess, but there definitely is a learning curve. I've enjoyed it though and at least for me it has been worth it.
Posted by: Starkeeper

Re: Live sample clip from the AJ-2005 arranger system - 10/17/05 09:59 AM

It sounds great. I liked the quality of the drums, guitar and Bass.
Thanks for posting what a softsynth would sound like.
Kevin