I bought a PA80 a few days ago. I like its sounds, but dissapointed mainly with fill-ins and the way voices switch.

1) when you switch a voice the previous voice stops immediately most of the time. PA80 users: Is there a way to keep the old voice playing until I hit the next key ? PSR9000/2000/9000Pro users: does it happen on your Yamaha ?

The reason I am asking is I am thinking of returning this and going for a Yamaha.

2) PA80 has 4 variations, but only 2 fill-ins. As a result these two fill-ins do not match all 4 variations. In some cases --if not most-- when you hit the fill-in button it sounds like another band rushed in to play the fill-in and went off as soos as they were done with it. How well do fill-ins blend with variation on Yamaha boards ?

3) The way the buttons respond is also odd to me. When you hit the fill-in button, the keyboard immediately jumps in to the fill-in. This steals the flexibility of changing a chord, playing a note and begining a fill-in at the same time which sometimes is the case at the end of a part when the song goes to the "dominant" for a measure or two. I prefer the way my PSR510 fill-in buttons respond. i.e. If you hit the fill-in button just before the first beat of the measure, the keyboard waits until the first beat and plays the fill-in. If you press the fill-in button a little after the first beat, only the drum track of the fill-in comes on, the other parts are played from the variation. This prevents abrupt changes from variation to fill-in. How do PSR2000/9000(Pro) behave ?

4) Sometimes PA80 plays the 5th note on bass at chord changes. This doesn't happen often, but PA80 has a very low tolerance compared to my PSR510. It happens like this. Suppose the bass guitar plays root at the first beat and 5th note at the 3rd beat and suppose you are playing C and change to G at the 3rd beat. Then the keyboard should play G not D (unless specifically asked to do otherwise) at that point and then switch to its normal pattern. One can not hit the G chord right at the 3rd beat as precisely as a computer does, so the keyboad should have some tolerance. On my PSR510, the keyboard recognizes that I meant to change to G at the 3rd beat no matter I changed the chord a split second before or after 3rd beat, But on PA80, if I hit G a split second before, the keyboard thinks I was in G alread by the 3rd beat (of course, technically that is true) and plays D at 3rd beat. This sounds odd then. This doesn't happen often, because most of the styles keep playing the root on bass most of the time hence reducing the chance of such coincidence. I guess PSR2000/9000/9000Pro behave similar to PSR510 in this regard.

I really appreciate if PA80 users can tell me if there are ways around and if PSR2000/9000/9000Pro users can tell me how there keyboards behave in this regard.

Shiral