Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#377919 - 12/12/13 04:05 AM Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
I made the mistake of buying the 76 note Tyros
and not checking to see if it would fit across the
back seat of my car (It didn't) and because of my other gear that I carry to gigs in the car there is no room for the keyboard.

A dealer has told me that the designer of the board told him it would fit on the back seat of a family car ...I have a Vauxhall Astra which is an average family saloon in the UK and the board would not fit across the back seat even in a soft case (so a flight case no way)

Another point is the left hand voice does not hold (freeze) any more when you change registrations.
I was told that this is because they changed the op. system to suit the new ensemble features.

Just a couple of points to watch out for.

Cheers ... John.

#377922 - 12/12/13 05:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jdx
I made the mistake of buying the 76 note Tyros
and not checking to see if it would fit across the
back seat of my car (It didn't) and because of my other gear that I carry to gigs in the car there is no room for the keyboard.

A dealer has told me that the designer of the board told him it would fit on the back seat of a family car ...I have a Vauxhall Astra which is an average family saloon in the UK and the board would not fit across the back seat even in a soft case (so a flight case no way)

Another point is the left hand voice does not hold (freeze) any more when you change registrations.
I was told that this is because they changed the op. system to suit the new ensemble features.

Just a couple of points to watch out for.

Cheers ... John.

The 2nd point would also go for a 61 key version since it has the exact same software version.

I see 4 options

- dont use the T5 out of home
- buy another car
- return the t5, if you hvae a return pollicy available
- try to trade the 76 version against a 61 version

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377924 - 12/12/13 05:58 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
jdx Offline

wow ...helpful or what.

option 1 ... I'm a pro musician so I wouldn't earn much money playing it at home.

option 2 ... I'm a pro musician ... I can't afford another car.

option 3 ... I have returned it ... and got a PA3x 76 instead.

option 4 ... A 61 note would still (as you said) not hold freeze the left hand voice ... which is important for me.

I was making these points to try and help other people thinking of buying a 76 note Tyros.

Now you have a nice day Bachus.

#377925 - 12/12/13 06:00 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Dnj Offline

put down the front passenger seat then it would fit.

#377926 - 12/12/13 06:21 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

... I have returned it ... and got a PA3x 76 instead.

Excellent decision. cool

#377928 - 12/12/13 06:36 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: Dnj]
jdx Offline

Front seat is always occupied .... but thanks anyway.

#377938 - 12/12/13 08:28 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Bachus Offline

wow ...helpful or what.

option 1 ... I'm a pro musician so I wouldn't earn much money playing it at home.

option 2 ... I'm a pro musician ... I can't afford another car.

option 3 ... I have returned it ... and got a PA3x 76 instead.

option 4 ... A 61 note would still (as you said) not hold freeze the left hand voice ... which is important for me.

I was making these points to try and help other people thinking of buying a 76 note Tyros.

Now you have a nice day Bachus.

Where is your sense of humor?
We both know you should have looked up the size and make sure it fit in you car, dresser, livingroom, or wherever you need to put it, so dont blame me.

Really, the size is on every spec sheet..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377948 - 12/12/13 09:54 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Tony Hughes Offline

The problem is John they have not got the T5 available yet, they are smarting, but Father Christmas is on his way and they have gas guzzles you could get two KB in end to end, you compact is like a Mini. Hope you get it shorted.

T
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#377957 - 12/12/13 10:29 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Things happen for a reason! You will love PA3X! Much more "gig-friendly", as far as size, layout, controllers, operation, Songbook, harmonizer, chord sequencer, etc.
If there are some lead sounds you feel are lacking, it's easy to find and load them.

#377986 - 12/12/13 05:39 PM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Trunk-through folding back half seat storage is a good option to have on any saloon.

But the deeper issue is, why did Yamaha make it so BIG..? Look at any picture of the 61 stacked over the 76 (there's one or two posted here) and you see what a pointless thing the extended RH end plate is... There's MORE than enough unused space to place the USB port ABOVE the RH end of the keyboard, then if you lose that, the 76 ends up almost the same size as the 61.

What made Yamaha miss this obvious point? Expediency? Laziness? Or a desire to make the 76 an unpopular choice?

Whatever the reason, hopefully the design team can take a look at it for the NEXT Tyros!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online