SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#377989 - 12/12/13 05:48 PM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I guess size really does matter... computer

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#378039 - 12/13/13 06:46 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Trunk-through folding back half seat storage is a good option to have on any saloon.

But the deeper issue is, why did Yamaha make it so BIG..? Look at any picture of the 61 stacked over the 76 (there's one or two posted here) and you see what a pointless thing the extended RH end plate is... There's MORE than enough unused space to place the USB port ABOVE the RH end of the keyboard, then if you lose that, the 76 ends up almost the same size as the 61.

What made Yamaha miss this obvious point? Expediency? Laziness? Or a desire to make the 76 an unpopular choice?

Whatever the reason, hopefully the design team can take a look at it for the NEXT Tyros!

Because it's made for "HOME" use.... wink

#378075 - 12/13/13 11:16 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: jdx]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Even in the home, space can be at a premium. Why make anything bigger than it NEEDS to be?

About the only space saver I am not that keen on is taking a keybed down the the bottom of the instrument, and moving the wheels or bend levers to ABOVE the bottom of the keyboard. I have played a few keyboards with this type of layout, and it never felt comfortable having to reach out that far just to get a quick bend or mod adjustment.

But there is a ton of room on the T5 76's layout to put that stupid USB port so that it didn't add another 4" or more to the width. There are times when you shouldn't really have to point out obvious stuff like this to a great corporation. They should care enough about YOU to figure it out for themselves.

#378077 - 12/13/13 11:41 AM Re: Tyros 5 a couple of things to consider if buying [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Even in the home, space can be at a premium. Why make anything bigger than it NEEDS to be?

About the only space saver I am not that keen on is taking a keybed down the the bottom of the instrument, and moving the wheels or bend levers to ABOVE the bottom of the keyboard. I have played a few keyboards with this type of layout, and it never felt comfortable having to reach out that far just to get a quick bend or mod adjustment.

But there is a ton of room on the T5 76's layout to put that stupid USB port so that it didn't add another 4" or more to the width. There are times when you shouldn't really have to point out obvious stuff like this to a great corporation. They should care enough about YOU to figure it out for themselves.

There is more then enough place on the 76 to put some knobs, a vertically placed USB connector, a ribbon controller, 16 soft touch sensitive drumpads and a huge touchscreen instead of the curent screen... And some knobs for a tempo lock and a chordsequencer

But they didnt, T5 is an example of an instrument designed by an industrial designer to look good and not to be efficient..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online