SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#373200 - 10/20/13 08:26 AM This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave.
Dnj Offline

New Song promotion

Miley

Good Or Bad you be the judge?.....sex sells, ....talent takes a back seat today......bottom line....? = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I think its a bit late to revers kids thinking now that we have went downhill for the last 40 years,.....maybe in the distant future things will change, but we wont be around to see it unfortunately. Thank goodness we have CHANNELS on our radios... cool2

Edited by Dnj (10/20/13 08:33 AM)

#373202 - 10/20/13 08:32 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny - STOP! We all know the evils of the liberal media machine .... just do what you think is right and leave the shock treatments to Howard Stern and the rest of the Hollywood nutjobs. We don't need to reiterate all that's wrong with the biz .... it's been said. Please let this topic die away. Make your music and stop being an ambassador for the devils advocate.
i love ya, pal ... but this is just trash talk.
And please take that video down.

#373204 - 10/20/13 08:39 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Dave that's exactly the reaction I thought I'd get,....but you cant just sweep it away it's here to stay and doesn't everyone have the right to listen or watch if they so desire.....?...that's my point I'm trying to make...if someone doesn't like it just don't listen or look at it.....these things in life aren't going away...what I dislike is people trying to push their beliefs on me in any way shape or form,....I respect everyone's opinions & I say do what turns you on and enjoy life. Open discussions is a GOOD thing.

#373206 - 10/20/13 09:23 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
these things in life aren't going away...

Just like the race card ... it won't ever go away if people keep talking about it. Makes me sad.
We can do this another time ... this really isn't the place for any of this discussion.
frown

#373208 - 10/20/13 10:07 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
STOP! We all know the evils of the liberal media machine...
What does this mean?????

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#373214 - 10/20/13 07:16 PM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

It means that the liberals control the media ... always have. They want to sensationalize as much fluff as they can to promote the industry ... at any cost. This is not a politically biased statement ... just stating a fact. Most of what you see, hear, read, wear and watch is all controlled by a teeny group of people who decided a year ago what they want to sell you today.
That's one reason I kind of beat my own drum as far as work and style goes ... I do my own kind of thing, but with a universal appeal to it. I don't play the "hits" unless they are hit worthy.
My frustration lies with the media for trying to cram this junk down our throats.

#373235 - 10/21/13 08:30 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Dave,I totally agree with you on this.Although I wouldn't call them liberal.I have a different word for them but it's not for this forum.
The way music goes these days is you can only sell these kind of songs in this way.I do like talk about stuff,but usually on tv now days everything is blown out of proportion.Everything is a big deal.Did we see a boob on a superbowl,or someone said the "F" word,or is Miley just one of those.......At least kids don't have to go to xxx cites.

It is all fake morality.

I think the media is still a good thing.It's the people that are rotten.Media is just another religion.Bible and Ko'ran are beautiful books.But sometimes when mixed with right dose of wrong people are biggest source of evil that can be.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#373244 - 10/21/13 10:46 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Every major news source we have outside of PBS is owned by vast, huge corporations. And these do NOT have a 'liberal' bias in their bone. You have been drinking the Fox Kool-Aid, my friend.

Huge corporations have decided, by extremely careful market research, that sex sells, sensationalism sells, fear sells, divisiveness sells. And if there is ONE thing that drives a huge corporation, it is sales. Social consciousness comes an extremely far second (if that!) to sales.

Thing is, think Elvis. Think the Stones. Same tactics, different generations. The way to get young people to BUY a product is to ensure it will pi$$ off their elders. After all, what's the POINT of music if it doesn't do that? LOL

It is the job of the young to feel different from their parents. And it is the job of parents to be outraged at whatever the young like. You aren't any different. Both when you were young and now you are old (face it, my friends!). And it is the job of media corporations to facilitate that outrage. As it always has.

Think of the outrage and collective gasp of horror at Stravinsky's 'The Rite of Spring' which brought audiences to a near riot! Now realize you are merely perpetuating something that has gone on since log drums...

#373248 - 10/21/13 11:28 AM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, at least part of what Diki said is true. Having worked in the news media for the better part of 35 years, the corporations were ALL VERY LIBRAL BIASED! At least the ones I worked for, which was some of the largest in the world. Their motto was "If it bleeds it leads." They, like the TV media, feed upon things we or they have little or no control over. The weather is a classic example.

"A massive cold front will pass through the region tonight, bringing with it cannonball size hail, torrential rain and dangerous lightning." Well sports fans, have you ever seen any safe lightning? And lets face it - there's not a damned thing you can do about the weather other than watch it take place. Sure, you can crawl into your 1960 underground bunker that your father spent the equivalent of the U.N. Banking fund to construct in the event of a nuclear attack. Or, you could do what the wonderful people in the Florida Keys do when there's eminent threat of a hurricane - open a keg of rum, a keg of beer, fire up the music and party hearty. What the Hell, there's nothing you can do to change the course of a hurricane so why not party?

Same holds true with gutter language music targeting young audiences. Like the weather, it probably won't be around very long, at least we can only hope this is the case. The guys who promoted and produced it will likely have blown all their ill gotten monetary rewards on huge homes they can no longer afford and are in the process of being repossessed, or just blown their brains out because of the drugs they've consumed.

Of course, if the later is the case, then there will be the public outcry contrived and heavily promoted by the liberal media that their lives should not have ended this way and what stalwart upright citizens they were when alive. At that point someone in the liberal biased media will put together an hour-long documentary program of how he or she should have been knighted by the Queen of England, or better yet, selected for sainthood. At the very least, Congress would declare a national holiday under their name, and someone would claim they should posthumously be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their contributions to mankind.

Approximately 10 years after their death, a massive fund will be put in place by congress to construct a monument in their honor. Kinda like a hip-hop Graceland, where the walls are papered with profanity stickers, and drug and sex paraphernalia is suspended on gold chains from the ceilings. At the entrance there would be near-nude ladies with every visible body part pierced and completely covered with weird tattoos, provocatively dancing to ear-bleed volume as their music emits from 72-inch speakers concealed behind massive ceiling grids. Adds for this now national monument would be run every 15 seconds during the documentary and several times during the national newscasts. Of course, these would be no charge adds during the newscasts and listed as public service announcements, just like the weather forecast that warned us of the "dangerous lightning."

The best thing I got out of this thread is Diki is obviously watching Fox news once in a while, and don't know jack about the news media, but would like everyone to believe he does. Uncle Dave is a pretty smart guy, Mirza is equally as inteligent, Donny has been watching too much bad TV (again) or cruising the Internet for some kinky adds.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/21/13 11:38 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373253 - 10/21/13 01:54 PM Re: This is how they promote NEW songs to kids...Dave. [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have advanced degrees in several areas of Communication ad have a long track record in media related endeavors.

The Eagles "Dirty Laundry" says it all!

Russ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online