SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#373726 - 10/28/13 02:05 PM After all these years, baby Bose still impresses
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
... don't mean to start another discussion about Bose ... I had 8 or 9 agency gigs this month … they call, tell me where, time what kind of music to play and not much about the venue (most of the agency people have never seen the venues, just solicit and take phone orders). My main system is the Bose compact and this month I had a couple of stage gigs with the Bose model 1 and 2 B1’s. Yesterday, I had the compact in the van from Friday and Sat. I get to the gig early, I was told to set up in the grand atrium … I thought I would be playing back-round for folks as they visited the little shops. As I was setting up, workers remove the tables and set up theater seats. Long story short, 250 plus people, every spot in the balcony was taken and that little Bose compact kicked butt. It was the first time I had to set the volume to 12 o’clock. Actually, other musicians came up to me and said it wasn’t possible that I was only using that ‘stick’ and asked if I was going through a house system, they were amazed at the quality of the output and I have to say I was again very impressed.
Ciao,
Jerry

Attachments
townsquare.jpg

#373728 - 10/28/13 02:29 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Congrats Jerry........but I dont regret selling both of my bose units just couldn't warm up to not having enough mids, and the compact just didnt have enough "Cojones" if you get my drift wink and peaked to many times during a show for me, & of course the stereo issue vs cost of two units not to mention carrying all those pieces with two L1/ Subs/units, cases, etc,.....not the sound I want for my performances. Just not my cup of tea..
To each their own...keep giving them hell..

Edited by Dnj (10/28/13 02:41 PM)

#373729 - 10/28/13 02:33 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Jerry

I have heard the Bose several times at the Bose store and at some venues. Very impressive system and probably the clearest sound next to having actual studio monitors.

My only two complaints would be price ( because I would insist on stereo), and their minor flaw would be that they are a bit thin in the midrange of the sound spectrum. Not for everyone, but still very good.

Regards, Marcus

#373731 - 10/28/13 04:05 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

You're both right about the mids, and I run everything through a M10DX and pump up the mids ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#373732 - 10/28/13 04:09 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Jerry, I've played that room before - it's a nightmare with anything BUT the Bose!

#373735 - 10/28/13 04:36 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry, I know that type of venue and have played several - the Bose L1 Compact kicks ass in these situations and I for one would never go back to a conventional sound system. We've had this conversation in the past, so no point in kicking the can any farther down the road.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373740 - 10/28/13 05:34 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have full confidence in my Compact - I love it. I bought a BA-330 a couple years back, but have only used it a few times. IMO the Bose makes me sound good every time out, no matter the venue. The Roland is good, but I feel the Bose is better - for me.

Edited by cassp (10/28/13 05:35 PM)

#373743 - 10/28/13 07:12 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

I knew, before I posted this, that if anyone knew this venue, it would be Uncle Dave Boyd.
Ciao, Jerry

#373795 - 10/29/13 05:24 PM Re: After all these years, baby Bose still impresses [Re: Jerry T]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online