SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#324403 - 05/18/11 11:23 AM Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi all,

Have you had anyone from India ringing you saying they work for Microsoft and can fix all the bugs on your PC, either give them a pile of abuse or put the phone down, it's a scam world wide.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324408 - 05/18/11 11:56 AM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

#324410 - 05/18/11 12:08 PM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I put all telephone solicitors on hold--they rarely call back. Keep in mind that I've been on the Do Not Call List since it began, and I've updated it several times. When they get put on hold your name comes off the list pretty quick.

Another thing I've been doing lately, particularly with junk mail, is to send the entire package back to the sender in THEIR post-paid envelope. You would be amazed how fast your name comes off their mailing list.

Yeah, I'm gettin' crotchety in my old age! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#324412 - 05/18/11 12:15 PM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Sending back the ads from other companies (especially competitors) in the post paid envelopes works wonders too.

Ian the Irascible

#324453 - 05/18/11 09:15 PM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
124 Offline

And how do you like this bunch of BS I received the other day.

Dear Account User

This Email is from Hotmail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted.
You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* Username:
* Password:

* Date of Birth:
* Country Or Territory:

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team

#324455 - 05/18/11 09:19 PM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
mean people suck

#324469 - 05/18/11 10:42 PM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: 124

Dear Account User

This Email is from Hotmail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted.
You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* Username:
* Password:

* Date of Birth:
* Country Or Territory:

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,

Trust you did nothing!!!

Some old sods would fill it all in and send it!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324480 - 05/19/11 03:10 AM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Stephenm52]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Steve,

That was the guy who rang me last night Patel, I think he fell off his bike when I told him what
he could do!

Nice one Steve.

#324481 - 05/19/11 03:23 AM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Dear Account User

* Username:
* Password:

* Date of Birth:
* Country Or Territory:

Trust you did nothing!!!

I got one yesterday telling me I won a million dollars in some Face Book thing. They wanted similar details.

Of course, I didn't reply.

A buddy asked me what I'd do if I ever won a million dollars.

I told him I'd keep on playing music till I ran out of money.... wink

Ian

#324484 - 05/19/11 05:25 AM Re: Have your been AMMYY.COM scammed [Re: Tony Hughes]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Dear Account User

* Username:
* Password:

* Date of Birth:
* Country Or Territory:

Sincerely,

Trust you did nothing!!!

Not this old sod. A pox on all their houses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online