SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297908 - 10/27/10 11:53 PM I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Okay, I know how silly this sounds ...

But I got my T4 yesterday (thank you Frank!), and the one (and only) feature I love about the T4 is the ability to use other samples in my drums.

I've been experimenting with this feature with some success today and wanted to know if there are any Audya owners out there who wouldn't mind sharing some real snare sounds with a Yammie.

All I need for now are SNARES. I'd like to hear as many as you can record. Please have no effects on them - not even reverb, and please record all the way to the end of the release, making sure the different samples are separated with silence.

I'd be happy to share the results on SZ.

----

I know many people are interested in my review on the T4. I hope to write a better review next week, but in a nutshell, it is an absolute WASTE of an upgrade. I owned the PSR8000, PSR 9000, Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3 and now Tyros4, and never has there been such a miniscule upgrade as this one.

In short there are four new features:

- the new Vocal Harmony. I don't sing, so it makes no difference to me. In addition, it is not nearly as good as TC Helicon, and it doesn't have Fantom Power *roll eyes*

- Choir voices. If only there was a switch to turn them off so that I never have to hear them. They are recorded quite well, but are extremely gimmicky and corny, and I do not plan to use them ever.

- The new Real Drums are decent, although what I like is that I have the ability to replace their sounds with mine. I can't wait until the Audya people share some of their samples ... (if they can bring themselves to do so...)

- The new styles (except for the vocal ones which are just so corny), are very good. Especially the new entertainer ones.

- There are other minor things like a new violin and soprano sax, but nothing amazing to write about.

I should mention that I have been encountering bugs while upgrading. My samples have all changed volume, and some of my styles have been reset so that all the levels are at 100.

My verdict: Unless you are doing this professionally and just "need" to have the best, stick with the T3.

#297909 - 10/27/10 11:55 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing about those Audya drum loops is, most patterns, there's something ELSE sounding while the snare is hit... a ride, a hihat, some Latin perc, sometimes a kick. Getting a clean sample might be quite a trick.

You want some seriously good snares that are clean? Try some of the VSTi libraries... BFD, EZDrummer, etc.. Plus, those have the advantage that they are recorded with many different samples for lighter and harder hits. JUST what you need to add to the T4's drums! Go for at least four hits per drum (more if you can).

With VSTi drum libraries, you can also dial in exactly as much 'room' sound as you need. You shouldn't be TOO dry

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-28-2010).]

#297910 - 10/27/10 11:57 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Curious, but how are you going to get the snare drum to STOP sounding on those audio loops so can replace it with the Yamaha ones?

Sorry, I should have clarified. Even before the Audio loops, Audya always had the best drum kits, so I'm hoping someone will be generous enough to record some WAVs of the snares in the manual drum kits.

#297911 - 10/28/10 12:03 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
(playing post catch-up!)

Thing is, I don't think I have YET heard an Audya demo with the MIDI kits. Sure, the loops are great, but I doubt the kits are much different from the SD-1. Not anything earth shattering, IMO.

You heard them yet?

#297912 - 10/28/10 12:38 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Chony
Do a Google for wav drum samples and you will find thousands out there (Many free) that will leave Ketron (And other hardware boards) drum samples for dead. (I assume T4 can load 24bit samples, if not make sure you select 16bit samples only)
The ultimate of course is as Diki said, use VSTi, unfortunately Yamaha arrangers are lousy controllers, (They were never designed for Pro use) and you can’t load VSTi on-board, so I am afraid your stuck with wav files.
Hope this helps

Bill

#297913 - 10/28/10 12:45 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
chony Offline

Can you show me where on Google you found good snare samples? I was not impressed with anything I heard...

#297914 - 10/28/10 04:11 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Okay, I know how silly this sounds ...

But I got my T4 yesterday (thank you Frank!), and the one (and only) feature I love about the T4 is the ability to use other samples in my drums.

I've been experimenting with this feature with some success today and wanted to know if there are any Audya owners out there who wouldn't mind sharing some real snare sounds with a Yammie.

All I need for now are SNARES. I'd like to hear as many as you can record. Please have no effects on them - not even reverb, and please record all the way to the end of the release, making sure the different samples are separated with silence.

I'd be happy to share the results on SZ.

----

I know many people are interested in my review on the T4. I hope to write a better review next week, but in a nutshell, it is an absolute WASTE of an upgrade. I owned the PSR8000, PSR 9000, Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3 and now Tyros4, and never has there been such a miniscule upgrade as this one.

In short there are four new features:

- the new Vocal Harmony. I don't sing, so it makes no difference to me. In addition, it is not nearly as good as TC Helicon, and it doesn't have Fantom Power *roll eyes*

- Choir voices. If only there was a switch to turn them off so that I never have to hear them. They are recorded quite well, but are extremely gimmicky and corny, and I do not plan to use them ever.

- The new Real Drums are decent, although what I like is that I have the ability to replace their sounds with mine. I can't wait until the Audya people share some of their samples ... (if they can bring themselves to do so...)

- The new styles (except for the vocal ones which are just so corny), are very good. Especially the new entertainer ones.

- There are other minor things like a new violin and soprano sax, but nothing amazing to write about.

I should mention that I have been encountering bugs while upgrading. My samples have all changed volume, and some of my styles have been reset so that all the levels are at 100.

My verdict: Unless you are doing this professionally and just "need" to have the best, stick with the T3.

So you bought a T4 just for what reason?

#297915 - 10/28/10 04:47 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
to the genesys Offline

“My verdict: Unless you are doing this professionally and just "need" to have the best, stick with the T3.”
Does that mean that the T4 is the best for a professional?

Could not the T3 load samples?

------------------
TTG

#297916 - 10/28/10 04:54 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm curious Chony, why don't you just purchase an Audya?

What is stopping you from trading in the Yamaha's for a Ketron if you love the drums so much?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#297917 - 10/28/10 04:56 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

I think there is too much emphasis on these live drums....I also think these so called sampled drums will deter from the Yamaha sound & stand out like a sore thumb in a Style mix as an alien entity. Chony with all the negatives you have stated what did you think you were gonna get with the Tyros4 & didn't you Demo the unit before laying out all that money?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online