Okay, I know how silly this sounds ...

But I got my T4 yesterday (thank you Frank!), and the one (and only) feature I love about the T4 is the ability to use other samples in my drums.

I've been experimenting with this feature with some success today and wanted to know if there are any Audya owners out there who wouldn't mind sharing some real snare sounds with a Yammie.

All I need for now are SNARES. I'd like to hear as many as you can record. Please have no effects on them - not even reverb, and please record all the way to the end of the release, making sure the different samples are separated with silence.

I'd be happy to share the results on SZ.

----

I know many people are interested in my review on the T4. I hope to write a better review next week, but in a nutshell, it is an absolute WASTE of an upgrade. I owned the PSR8000, PSR 9000, Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3 and now Tyros4, and never has there been such a miniscule upgrade as this one.

In short there are four new features:

- the new Vocal Harmony. I don't sing, so it makes no difference to me. In addition, it is not nearly as good as TC Helicon, and it doesn't have Fantom Power *roll eyes*

- Choir voices. If only there was a switch to turn them off so that I never have to hear them. They are recorded quite well, but are extremely gimmicky and corny, and I do not plan to use them ever.

- The new Real Drums are decent, although what I like is that I have the ability to replace their sounds with mine. I can't wait until the Audya people share some of their samples ... (if they can bring themselves to do so...)

- The new styles (except for the vocal ones which are just so corny), are very good. Especially the new entertainer ones.

- There are other minor things like a new violin and soprano sax, but nothing amazing to write about.

I should mention that I have been encountering bugs while upgrading. My samples have all changed volume, and some of my styles have been reset so that all the levels are at 100.

My verdict: Unless you are doing this professionally and just "need" to have the best, stick with the T3.