SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297591 - 10/25/10 04:55 AM Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Dnj Offline

#297592 - 10/25/10 05:35 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
If I was offered an Audya for free I wouldn't even keep it. I'd bring it out the back garden and pour petrol over it and upload it's faith to YouTube.

Ketron don't even care about their customers. They string them along for years and the keyboard is still plagued with problems.

#297593 - 10/25/10 06:51 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That's all right, but mine is fine and the best sounding keyboard I ever had.

#297594 - 10/25/10 07:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Dnj Offline

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001677.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2010).]

#297595 - 10/25/10 09:08 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine has worked fine for the past year. No problems.
BTW, you and Fran have been strangely quit after your trip to see the Audya and T4. What's up?
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 10-25-2010).]

#297596 - 10/25/10 10:18 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Glad to hear there are some people with no problems, shame that can't be said for thee vast majority of people in the Ketron part of this forum.

Are you guys happy with what Ketron have been doing ?

Unfinished product for years, and not taking an active effort to solve peoples issues, ignoring emails and so on ?

James

#297597 - 10/25/10 10:21 AM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]Mine has worked fine for the past year. No problems.
BTW, you and Fran have been strangely quit after your trip to see the Audya and T4. What's up?
DonM

Hi Don....

Fran is working on writing up a review on our trip to demo the Audya 5....video and pic included.....should be soon.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2010).]

#297598 - 10/25/10 02:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Glad to hear there are some people with no problems, shame that can't be said for thee vast majority of people in the Ketron part of this forum.

Are you guys happy with what Ketron have been doing ?

Unfinished product for years, and not taking an active effort to solve peoples issues, ignoring emails and so on ?

James

I think James is right and that’s why I worry about any KB that comes out of Italy, they just don't appear to have the technology right and a bit behind the times, did they ever have anything to do with programming Airbus computers, I hope not. There are something that you would never expect a Nation to be famous for , take Australia, electronics , no and they would be the first to admit they are not, I work with PC based Building Management System all day, there is one company the USA that export them to the UK and frankly they are crap. I don’t know what the answer is with Ketron, there are problems and we cannot deny that, it is what people will accept, it’s the distribution and dealership that don’t help and small numbers selling across the USA can have a dealer a 1000 miles from the customer. This being the case Ketron should know their market and make provision for it. There will be people like DonM and other that will have no problem, I did at first, then it went OK, now it’s playing up like others.
I have no doubt if I bought a MS from Dom and things went wrong I would have the same problem, there are not enough numbers of MS out there to sample problems off yet , and MS is probably just one step down from Ketron.
I don’t know where this will all end, the SD1+ had loads of problems and here we are 2 KBs later, SSDD.

Tony

PS the two chaps in the photo above surrounded by Ketrons look as happy as pigs in **** !

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-25-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#297599 - 10/25/10 02:26 PM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I think James is right and that’s why I worry about any KB that comes out of Italy, they just don't appear to have the technology right and a bit behind the times, did they ever have anything to do with programming Airbus computers, I hope not. There are something that you would never expect a Nation to be famous for , take Australia, electronics , no and they would be the first to admit they are not, I work with PC based Building Management System all day, there is one company the USA that export them to the UK and frankly they are crap. I don’t know what the answer is with Ketron, there are problems and we cannot deny that, it is what people will accept, it’s the distribution and dealership that don’t help and small numbers selling across the USA can have a dealer a 1000 miles from the customer. This being the case Ketron should know their market and make provision for it. There will be people like DonM and other that will have no problem, I did at first, then it went OK, now it’s playing up like others.
I have no doubt if I bought a MS from Dom and things went wrong I would have the same problem, there are not enough numbers of MS out there to sample problems off yet , and MS is probably just one step down from Ketron.
I don’t know where this will all end, the SD1+ had loads of problems and here we are 2 KBs later, SSDD.

Tony

PS the two chaps in the photo above surrounded by Ketrons look as happy as pigs in **** !

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-25-2010).]

The greatest keyoards come from Italy, and they are years ahead, at the present time what is better than the Audya? nothing! ten years ago what was ahead of everyone? GEM WK8 made in Italy, not sure on the specs I can find them for you so you can compare,or how about ROLAND from the G70 and down the line all from Italy. The MS is a great keyboard in the hands of a person that starts with an almost blank slate and has the hardware to make a masterpiece that no other hardware based synth has to date.

[This message has been edited by vangelis (edited 10-25-2010).]

#297600 - 10/25/10 02:29 PM Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vangelis:
The greatest keyoards come from Italy, and they are years ahead, at the present time what is better than the Audya? nothing! ten years ago what was ahead of everyone? GEM WK8 made in Italy, not sure on the specs I can find them for you so you can compare,or how about ROLAND from the G70 and down the line all from Italy. The MS is a great keyboard in a person that starts with an almost blank slate and has the hardware to make a masterpiece that no other hardware based synth has to date.

Hang on Vangelis, apart from the T1,2,3,4 are there any KB's that don't come from Italy, ones that are at least significant.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online