Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here???

Posted by: Dnj

Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 04:55 AM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001673.html
Posted by: Irishacts

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 05:35 AM

If I was offered an Audya for free I wouldn't even keep it. I'd bring it out the back garden and pour petrol over it and upload it's faith to YouTube.

Ketron don't even care about their customers. They string them along for years and the keyboard is still plagued with problems.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 06:51 AM

That's all right, but mine is fine and the best sounding keyboard I ever had.

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 07:38 AM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001677.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2010).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 09:08 AM

Mine has worked fine for the past year. No problems.
BTW, you and Fran have been strangely quit after your trip to see the Audya and T4. What's up?
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 10-25-2010).]
Posted by: Irishacts

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 10:18 AM

Glad to hear there are some people with no problems, shame that can't be said for thee vast majority of people in the Ketron part of this forum.

Are you guys happy with what Ketron have been doing ?

Unfinished product for years, and not taking an active effort to solve peoples issues, ignoring emails and so on ?

James

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 10:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]Mine has worked fine for the past year. No problems.
BTW, you and Fran have been strangely quit after your trip to see the Audya and T4. What's up?
DonM

Hi Don....

Fran is working on writing up a review on our trip to demo the Audya 5....video and pic included.....should be soon.

Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Glad to hear there are some people with no problems, shame that can't be said for thee vast majority of people in the Ketron part of this forum.

Are you guys happy with what Ketron have been doing ?

Unfinished product for years, and not taking an active effort to solve peoples issues, ignoring emails and so on ?

James

I think James is right and that’s why I worry about any KB that comes out of Italy, they just don't appear to have the technology right and a bit behind the times, did they ever have anything to do with programming Airbus computers, I hope not. There are something that you would never expect a Nation to be famous for , take Australia, electronics , no and they would be the first to admit they are not, I work with PC based Building Management System all day, there is one company the USA that export them to the UK and frankly they are crap. I don’t know what the answer is with Ketron, there are problems and we cannot deny that, it is what people will accept, it’s the distribution and dealership that don’t help and small numbers selling across the USA can have a dealer a 1000 miles from the customer. This being the case Ketron should know their market and make provision for it. There will be people like DonM and other that will have no problem, I did at first, then it went OK, now it’s playing up like others.
I have no doubt if I bought a MS from Dom and things went wrong I would have the same problem, there are not enough numbers of MS out there to sample problems off yet , and MS is probably just one step down from Ketron.
I don’t know where this will all end, the SD1+ had loads of problems and here we are 2 KBs later, SSDD.

Tony

PS the two chaps in the photo above surrounded by Ketrons look as happy as pigs in **** !

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-25-2010).]
Posted by: vangelis

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I think James is right and that’s why I worry about any KB that comes out of Italy, they just don't appear to have the technology right and a bit behind the times, did they ever have anything to do with programming Airbus computers, I hope not. There are something that you would never expect a Nation to be famous for , take Australia, electronics , no and they would be the first to admit they are not, I work with PC based Building Management System all day, there is one company the USA that export them to the UK and frankly they are crap. I don’t know what the answer is with Ketron, there are problems and we cannot deny that, it is what people will accept, it’s the distribution and dealership that don’t help and small numbers selling across the USA can have a dealer a 1000 miles from the customer. This being the case Ketron should know their market and make provision for it. There will be people like DonM and other that will have no problem, I did at first, then it went OK, now it’s playing up like others.
I have no doubt if I bought a MS from Dom and things went wrong I would have the same problem, there are not enough numbers of MS out there to sample problems off yet , and MS is probably just one step down from Ketron.
I don’t know where this will all end, the SD1+ had loads of problems and here we are 2 KBs later, SSDD.

Tony

PS the two chaps in the photo above surrounded by Ketrons look as happy as pigs in **** !

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 10-25-2010).]

The greatest keyoards come from Italy, and they are years ahead, at the present time what is better than the Audya? nothing! ten years ago what was ahead of everyone? GEM WK8 made in Italy, not sure on the specs I can find them for you so you can compare,or how about ROLAND from the G70 and down the line all from Italy. The MS is a great keyboard in the hands of a person that starts with an almost blank slate and has the hardware to make a masterpiece that no other hardware based synth has to date.

[This message has been edited by vangelis (edited 10-25-2010).]
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vangelis:
The greatest keyoards come from Italy, and they are years ahead, at the present time what is better than the Audya? nothing! ten years ago what was ahead of everyone? GEM WK8 made in Italy, not sure on the specs I can find them for you so you can compare,or how about ROLAND from the G70 and down the line all from Italy. The MS is a great keyboard in a person that starts with an almost blank slate and has the hardware to make a masterpiece that no other hardware based synth has to date.

Hang on Vangelis, apart from the T1,2,3,4 are there any KB's that don't come from Italy, ones that are at least significant.
Posted by: vangelis

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Hang on Vangelis, apart from the T1,2,3,4 are there any KB's that don't come from Italy, ones that are at least significant.

I don't understand the question? you mean the the Tyros line is the only one that is made in JAPAN? for now?
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/25/10 03:54 PM

The incredible KeyB Duo is from Italy too.

Nord are made in Sweden so there are some other countries having a go.

Most manufacturers use Fatar (italian) keyframes - including Ketron, Roland and Suzuki

Tony - can you call us at Ketron UK tommorow about your Audya problem please? I don't like anyone in the UK to have an issue so would prefer to get it sorted asap. I know your keyboard is long out of warranty but it doesn't matter.

The office number is 01908 511488
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/26/10 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
The incredible KeyB Duo is from Italy too.

Nord are made in Sweden so there are some other countries having a go.

Most manufacturers use Fatar (italian) keyframes - including Ketron, Roland and Suzuki

Tony - can you call us at Ketron UK tommorow about your Audya problem please? I don't like anyone in the UK to have an issue so would prefer to get it sorted asap. I know your keyboard is long out of warranty but it doesn't matter.

The office number is 01908 511488

Would you be able to advise me as to the best way to assign my outputs to have Bass on 1 channel on my desk, Snare on the another, Kick on another etc using outs 1234. And then be able to save that setting so as when I next switch on the audya it will be saved that way?
Any info greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kevin
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 08:20 AM

I take that as a No then ?
Posted by: frankieve

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 08:49 AM

Hi Rusty,
I'm currently in the process of moving my store, so my Audya is packed up. But when I get a chance I will see what I can do/

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 08:59 AM

Frank,

where are you moving to?

Gary
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Hi Rusty,
I'm currently in the process of moving my store, so my Audya is packed up. But when I get a chance I will see what I can do/

Frank, are you taking over Caruso's building?...
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 12:04 PM

Kevin,

Proceed as follows ...

* Press MENU
* Press OUTPUT ASSIGN (F5).
* Press F1 (Out 3&4) and select the component with the up and down data arrow buttons and use the < and > data buttons to to assign the component highlighted to MAIN/STEREO or Output 3 and 4..
* Press F3 (Out 1&2) and repeat as above. Change U1 to Out 1&2 Mono so you have more options to send some components out of output 1 and others out of output 2. Again, the center of the screen will display what can be assigned to these outputs or the MAIN outputs.
* Press F2 (Out 1&2 Drums - Drum Outputs) and select which outputs you want which individual drum parts going out of (out1, out 2 and main outputs are your options).

When done, press SAVE U5/10.

Exit from here into the default screen.

Press SAVE and CUSTOM STAART UP (F6) to save so you don't have to repeat this procedure each time you power on your unit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Ketron_AJ (edited 10-28-2010).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/28/10 11:52 PM

I wouldn't have thought it was possible to separate kick and snare in a drum audio loop...
Posted by: mc

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/29/10 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]Mine has worked fine for the past year. No problems.
DonM

Hi Don....

Fran is working on writing up a review on our trip to demo the Audya 5....video and pic included.....should be soon.

Is that the SD5 behind AJ???

Re: Ketron Audya Problems...whats going on here??? - 10/29/10 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Is that the SD5 behind AJ???

Hi Mc.......yes, it's the SD5 in the pic behind AJ...amongst every other Ketron product also in tge studio.