SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297080 - 10/19/10 04:02 PM Those with T4's.....
DannyUK Offline

Hi all,

May I ask those with T4's or those who have had good exposure to them please post a detailed review as I've not really seen anything significant posted.

I am really interested to know what SZ'ers think about the T4 because "elsewhere" I am reading that the T4 should have been a T3.5 instead whereby there isn't much difference between the two boards apart from the obvious inclusion of those voices and some other minor improvements but nothing significant.

Unfortunately I don't live anywhere close to where I can audition one myself, there used to be Chappels in MK where I got my PSR8000 from many moons ago, that was the closest place now it's virtually nothing local to me.

The good thing is though that I know undertand that the T4 is 100% backwards compatible (including anything modified on the T3 will work perfectly on the T4) so that's a very big plus for me.

Thanks for reading.
All the best,
Danny.

#297081 - 10/20/10 11:23 AM Re: Those with T4's.....
DannyUK Offline

Well... Thanks for all those who have emailed me with their opinions, comparisons and thoughts, I really apreciated them.

But..what does that say about this forum hey? Someone posts a topic, wanting an honest & genuine opinion about an instrument but it seems like people are too reluctant to post anything of their own (unbiased) opinion without getting a pounding for it...

It's a shame though, I've been coming to this forum for over 10 years now and it's changed so much for the worse.

I think we need to appoint a few more admins here, George Kaye would make a great Admin!!!

#297082 - 10/20/10 06:23 PM Re: Those with T4's.....
Beakybird Offline

I agree, there are a lot of bullies and put down artists on this forum.

I don't think this forum is administered well either, even though I think Nigel is likable.

I really want to hear about the T4 too, and it's disappointing for me that there are people who have played the keyboard but don't want to deal with the snide remarks made regularly on this forum.

Please forward the T4 reviews to me. You can keep the names anonymous.

Beakybird

#297083 - 10/20/10 06:49 PM Re: Those with T4's.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
It's a shame though, I've been coming to this forum for over 10 years now and it's changed so much for the worse.

It is a shame Danny...unfortunately there are a few insecure people, that don't like to feel someone might have something better...when actually, all it is, is different.

Did those styles I sent you work okay in your Tyros3?

Ian

#297084 - 10/20/10 06:53 PM Re: Those with T4's.....
Dnj Offline

#297085 - 10/20/10 08:49 PM Re: Those with T4's.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think Ian needs to administer this forum. Then, instead of simply arguing ad nauseam his pro-Yamaha dogma, he could simply delete all contrary opinions...

(Sound of Louis Armstrong singing What a Wonderful World )

#297086 - 10/21/10 12:57 AM Re: Those with T4's.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I agree, there are a lot of bullies and put down artists on this forum.

Larry, the above post is a perfect illustration of what you are saying.

Ian

#297087 - 10/21/10 01:21 AM Re: Those with T4's.....
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Ian,
I completely agree with your premise of different rather than better.
Its a shame some member's don't respond in this spirit, when responding to comparisons between keyboards from both the open and closed systems.

There is always something to be cleaned from comparisons.

If it doesn't interest you and you can not make a constructive responce,don't reply,which will be a much better contribution than making it a better than yours followed by the usual insults.

Gilbert.

#297088 - 10/21/10 03:37 AM Re: Those with T4's.....
DannyUK Offline

Thanks for the link Dnj,

This is a musical forum isn't it? And a very popular one at that.

So why isn't this forum buzzing with a barrage of postings regarding a brand now top of the line instrument that should be an exciting event rather than as if someone's attended a funeral around here.

Just post whatever you feel, and if you don't like the response just don't reply back, people will soon get tired of it where they'll eventually either agree, make a constructive post or post nothing at all. If you fuel the flame it will of course always turn into a furnace!

Danny.

#297089 - 10/21/10 08:00 AM Re: Those with T4's.....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Danny, you mean comments like this?

That are inaccurate....

Ian quote "Again, I raise the curious reluctance of Roland to make the GW-8 a 76'er...since you state that particular market is, "The one last uncontested market segment...!"

Yet they chose to make two 61 note versions of the same instrument, even with all those old unused E-60 keybeds cluttering up the factory floor."

BTW: Ian , I believe Roland has sold every unit, both E and G models they have manufactured...In fact they always do...

Don't worry about Roland ..my bet they have the best return on investment in the business...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online