SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#249126 - 11/24/08 01:39 PM Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
Dnj Offline

A problem I had on my Pa800 was was that if I was playing a style & using the Multipads lets say a Latin thing like shaker/bongos etc, etc, that would play along with the style.......when I hit the ending button the song would go into the ending and finish BUT,... the Multipads would KEEP ON PLAYING for another measure or two
"AFTER THE SONG ENDED".... Argggggg!
Totaly not acceptable...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-24-2008).]

#249127 - 11/24/08 04:18 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
not sure if it's actually a bug. I'll check it out though.

Korg & Yamaha appear to have 2 different approaches, Korg the multipad plays even on the endings ( just have to press the stop button or assign one of the EC5 pedals to "Stop" (the pads.)
Yamaha's approach , the pads stop playing when the Ending starts.

Personally i'd find that more of a hassle if for instance, I was using a "non " christmas style to play carols & was just using some jingling bell pads to trick it up, all of a sudden the bells disappear when I press the Ending.

I think Chas explained it quite a while back.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#249128 - 11/24/08 04:25 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
Dnj Offline

Rikki thanx please try a few styles with MP's & see what I mean with new OS2 also.......IMO I Like Yamahas approach better....additionally you can always add jingle bells or anything to an intro/ending via the style creator to customize those few certain styles that need it....but having the MP's continue playing after the Ending is annoying & embarrassing in live play. Alternatively to also worry about shutting them off while your playing is confusing while your getting ready to play another song right afterwards. I couldnt live with it ....interesting to hear from other Korg players on this issue.

Kind Regards & thanx for the reply.

#249129 - 11/24/08 04:43 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
Yep, Still does that on some styes. Seems like if the style ending actually plays until the end of measure it's OK, but it seems the style play en gine still runs until end of measure even if the actual music stops a little sooner.

I'm going to send the request for a fix to Korg USA (Jerry) to forward on to Korg PA.

It's not huge deal, but you would think the engineers would notice it and fix it long ago??

Too much Wine, perhaps?

Lee

#249130 - 11/24/08 06:33 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
zuki Offline

Yes, there are times in the ending that the pads will still play for a 1/2 measure of so. I just hit the pad end button a bit before, or at the ending - no big deal. It sure isn't worth the fuss with the fantastic pads that sound so realistic and ARE ON TIME

Picky, picky, picky.........

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#249131 - 11/24/08 07:26 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Zuki,
Yes, a little picky...I guess I think differently then them (Korg) if I knew about a issue like that I would just fix the darn thing...right then.

I am a SW developer and that's the way I do business.

Why have little annoying issues to spoil your image and it can't be hard to fix!

Lee

#249132 - 11/24/08 07:37 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
Dnj Offline

Picky?......It's a major performance issue just a ss the fills...there are flaws that need t be addressed in Korg arrangers...OS2 didn't address them obviously....but if you can live with them so be it...I couldn't.

#249133 - 11/24/08 08:12 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
zuki Offline

Yep, I can live with them. Tell me what board doesn't have flaws. It's the total package that counts. This one is minor and to give up because of that, oh well...

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#249134 - 11/24/08 08:19 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Yep, I can live with them. Tell me what board doesn't have flaws. It's the total package that counts. This one is minor and to give up because of that, oh well...

Then again if you dont have to use the MP's much it won't effect your songs.

Good luck with OS2

#249135 - 11/24/08 08:44 PM Re: Another KORG problem.....hope it was fixed with the new 2.0 OS
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Then again if you dont have to use the MP's much it won't effect your songs.

Good luck with OS2

I use multipads so much on my PA 800 and i haven't noticed anything at all...

lets all bring negativity to Korg just as they release a new OS upgrade...

I just saw another thread bragging about Rolands unsurpassed Pianos... awesome I might check that out Donny it's so obvious what you are up to...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online