SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#245986 - 10/23/08 04:18 PM T3: Creating your own drum kit
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I've been mixing and matching the T3 drum kits using the software that comes in the T3 CD, but am still not thrilled with the result because I can't find a single snare I like.

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to use a T3 drum kit but to replace JUST the snare with a TVN sample?

Thanks,
Chony

#245987 - 10/23/08 04:43 PM Re: T3: Creating your own drum kit
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hello Chony..
I'm very excited on some answers here, as I agree with you so far

Haven't got my Tyros3 yet, but no demo I've heard so far make me believe that I will get really excited about the snare drums.
The problem is.. : there is no snare in the snare drum!
Besides I really would love some more deapth (I guess you can adjust it a bit via the sound editor though??)

Really the sound is to flat and damped.
I hope that we will be able to load new snare drum samples..
Some Mustang Sally snare drum would be fun!

Regards

Chris Hansen

#245988 - 10/23/08 05:17 PM Re: T3: Creating your own drum kit
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Chony and Chris: Yes. you can create a custom drum kit (TVN file) in Tyros3's "Voice Creator". Voice creator allows you to import voices (including wav samples) and map them to specific keys, and then create a drumkit TVN file.

You'll then need to record a snare drum pattern calling up this TVN and save it as a new Rhy1/Rhy2 track in a custom style (such as: Rhy2), then delete the snare drum of the existing midi drum track (Rhy1). Because Yamaha auto accomp supports 2 separate drum tracks, when the style is played, the Rhy2 track should call up the audio sampled snare TVN loaded into your T3, and the Rhy1 track will simply playback the existing midi edited drumkit part.

For more custom drumkit creation instruction details, checkout page 22-23 of Tyros3 Reference Manual.

Scott

PS: Tyros2 supports this as well.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-23-2008).]

#245989 - 10/23/08 05:51 PM Re: T3: Creating your own drum kit
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Chony and Chris: Yes. you create a custom drum kit (TVN file) with the Tyros3's "Voice Creator". Voice creator allows you to import voices (including drum samples) and map them to specific keys, and then create a TVN drumkit WAV file.

You'll then need to record a snare drum pattern calling up this TVN and save it as a new Rhy1/Rhy2 track in a custom style (such as: Rhy2), then delete the snare drum of the existing midi drum track (Rhy1). Because Yamaha auto accomp supports 2 separate drum tracks, when the style is played, the Rhy2 track should call up the audio sampled snare TVN loaded into your T3, and the Rhy1 track will simply playback the existing midi edited drumkit part.

Scott

PS: Tyros2 supports this as well.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-23-2008).]

Thanks, but no thanks! I need a direct way to do it that won't force me to redo all my styles into two rhythm tracks...

#245990 - 10/24/08 02:09 PM Re: T3: Creating your own drum kit
ChokDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hello Scottyee..
Thank you for the answer!
I know about that Tyros2 also got this opportunity, but since it's so slow loading extra voices I've been awaiting USB 2.0.

However - it really really would be rather some work to edit all styles where you want to put in some extra snare sound

Well I guess that if I could live along with the Tyros2 drums for years, I also will be able to listen to the drums of Tyros3 without the ears falling of *G* and then make a few special styles where it's really needed.

I guess this is the price for not buying tons of Yamaha (or Roland or other brands) gear : YouŽll never get it all in just one box.
At least you have to put some hard work in it to get it.

Regards

Chris Hansen

------------------
"..tell Tchaikovsky the news.." wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online