SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164422 - 07/05/07 12:50 PM how often does your keyboard crash?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i have a roland E60.
it is a good keyboard and i like it alot.
but i do have a problem with it. for too many times it freezes, crashes, dies. meaning sometimes some sounds wouldn't stop whatever i do, except for turning it off. or sometimes the OS crashes, so i need to turn it off again.
i have it for six month now (i think i was the first or second member here to have it) and that happenes about 6-7 times already. never when performing in public, but i can not stop wondering... WHAT IF it will happen when gigging? not good.
so, i just wanted to see how is with other keyboards...
how many times do they crash on you (/month,week) and did it happen when performing in public? or only when using it more extensivelly in your house/studio?
thanks!
oh, and please mention what keyboard you have. i am interested to see how the big3 are doing relatively to eachother...

#164423 - 07/05/07 01:07 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My Roland keyboards for the last 9 years never crash[not once]...Something is wrong with your board or maybe your power source/equipment..

10 plus years ago I had a problem with my Roland G800 shutting down and rebooting , once or twice a night...It turned out to be a faulty power strip..

#164424 - 07/05/07 02:12 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
zuki Offline

Sorry to hear about your E60. I too loved the E60 I had, but I had a problem with the music finder going out and the rattling keys.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164425 - 07/05/07 02:13 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
zuki Offline

Correction......sorry, I had the E50.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164426 - 07/05/07 02:48 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Two PSR-3000s, no crashes in nearly 3 years, and they're used every day of the year. Just lucky I guess!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#164427 - 07/05/07 03:45 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
No crashes on Gig days and I can't remember (if at all) when it crashed at home (rehearsal, sequencing etc etc).

Roland VA-7 for the past 6 years.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#164428 - 07/05/07 03:50 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
My oldest PSR 3000 started acting weird infrequently. It would shut down and sometimes reboot..other times I had to reboot it manually. I thought, for sure, it was the power supply. But, after using another power supply it happened again and more frequently.

It went into the shop and $152 later it has been working fine. According to the tech the problem was some kind of chip...or pretzel...or something. (Can you tell I am not much of a techie?)
Eddie

#164429 - 07/05/07 04:08 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I had real problems with an early run Korg M1, with the infamous Eprom problem. The first PSR2000 I had also did some buggy OS things that it wasn't supposed to do. None of the other synths or arrangers I've owned has ever crashed.

It's very rare that my softsynth system ever crashes either these days, but there was some trial and error in getting to that point, mainly on finding out what doesn't play well with other things.

AJ

#164430 - 07/05/07 08:41 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
just to make sure i put it correctly:
my keyboard doesn't turn off by itself or something, so is not a power related issue, but it gets frozen, and when it does, the sound/tone i use for right hand would keep sounding until i turn the keyboard off. no matter what else i (try to) do, it wouldn't help.
and also sometimes, as i said, the OS seems to have some bugs that would produce the "ultimate" problem: freeze the instrument when playing it.
i did upgrade to the newest version of OS, it was not necessary the smoothest thing, but nevermind... i thought the problems were solved, but obviously not all of them.
...and i am thinking now, maybe i own one of the first released E60 keyboards, which i assume are more predisposed to "childhood diseases".

#164431 - 07/05/07 08:55 PM Re: how often does your keyboard crash?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
From the fact that we don't seem to have many posts at roland-arranger.com about similar problems, Adi (and we have quite a few E60 members, don't we?), I don't believe this is something wrong with this particular model...

The E60 uses a power adaptor. Have you replaced yours? Have you checked that it is the correct voltage for your country (voltage AND cycle rate)? And have you tried plugging the power adaptor into a UPS (for your computer, maybe?) and seeing if the problem occurs..?

Power adaptors have what I consider pretty flimsy cables, easily crimped or damaged. Double check yours for kinks.

But buy another one, anyway. Even if it ISN'T the problem, you will be better off with a spare...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-05-2007).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online