SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#167902 - 07/19/06 02:24 PM All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Holy S@it Get a load of this. After seeing these (NOT A SOUL HERE) should complain about a 40-50lb 76 key arranger (or synth).

This beast is actually the portable model!
http://synthesizers.com/portable88.html

Here's one for all you home players!
http://synthesizers.com/studio110.html

Imagine lugging these bad boys around....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#167903 - 07/19/06 02:41 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
And this could be the on stage computer that you store your extra midi files & MP3's on:

At over 1900 pounds I'm sure this computer would make your roadies sweat a little. But imagine the build quality

pure insanity

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#167904 - 07/19/06 03:20 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just try moving a C3 in ice and snow.........

After that, you can lift an E80 with your pinkie!

#167905 - 07/19/06 03:32 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Donny,

Read the specs. This thing only weighs 80 lbs. This is probably less than a Roland E80 or Korg PA1X or GEM Genesys with hard cases.
And since it is split between two 40 lb boxes, it should be a lot easier to carry.

Too bad this is not an arranger... With such size they could have put buttons for every function, instead of a goofy touchscreen

#167906 - 07/19/06 04:19 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Donny,

Read the specs. This thing only weighs 80 lbs. This is probably less than a Roland E80 or Korg PA1X or GEM Genesys with hard cases.
And since it is split between two 40 lb boxes, it should be a lot easier to carry.

Too bad this is not an arranger... With such size they could have put buttons for every function, instead of a goofy touchscreen

To bad that weight you described does not include a keyboard controller
That of course is an extra option.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#167907 - 07/19/06 06:05 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
They can keep it!!

The suggested keybd controller only has 61 keys.......pose

#167908 - 07/19/06 06:50 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
And this could be the on stage computer that you store your extra midi files & MP3's on:

At over 1900 pounds I'm sure this computer would make your roadies sweat a little. But imagine the build quality
pure insanity
Dennis

Dennis ... where the heck did you get that pic ???
When I made the decision that music wasn't going to be my main bread 'n' butter gig, I went to IBM school to learn how to wire those things to perform the right calculations ... my first job in the field of 'Data Processing' was running those machines and others like it ...
I'd LOVE to know the web site ...
thnx,
t.

#167909 - 07/19/06 07:50 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony,

Here's the webpage where that picture originated from:
http://www.users.nwark.com/~rcmahq/jclark/ibm650.htm

Links back to the SOURCE: John R. Clark, Professor of Mathematics and Computer Information Systems
http://www.users.nwark.com/~rcmahq/jclark/lgp30.htm
http://www.users.nwark.com/~rcmahq/jclark/nsfayi.htm
http://www.users.nwark.com/~rcmahq/jclark/index.htm

Scott

#167910 - 07/19/06 08:24 PM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Ahh Memories. I actually did some playing on the moog back in the 70's. Patch cords and all. The last of that generation I worked with was the Arp 2600. I remember reading the manual about 20 times before I even turned it on. I think that generation of keyboards is what made the first of the next generation (Yamaha DX7) such an interesting transition. You actually had to understand the theory of the acoustics of the actual sound and then how the electronic instrument modeled those acoustics with waveforms, FM operators, ect. to get the desired effect. I remember being at the rollout of the DX7 and how you could learn to listen to recognize the beat oscillation of a single violin note. Now we use samples. Much to our benefit for realistic acoustic sounds.

As for the IBM. I knew that one too. Nothing better than to see the expression on someone's face when you shuffled their punch cards.

#167911 - 07/20/06 02:28 AM Re: All Weight Complaints... REVOKED! Lookie Here :)
keybG Offline

THE ENIAC was a non portable device, but there was a lot of space in the room for live gigs.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online