SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#173209 - 11/04/05 06:03 AM Tyros2 screen problem?
MikeUK Offline

Loc: UK
Has anyone else noticed a slight problem with the Tyros2 screen? The screen seems to leave an annoying thin white trail from one part to another (on the straight line bits). This is particularly noticeable on the white screens such as Auto-Revoice and Song Score but not on the dark ones such as mixing console etc.

Is this the case on all Tyros2s? or just mine? The Tyros1 didn't suffer from this problem. So is it a fault or are they all like that? I haven't had a chance to look at another Tyros2 to check this out yet.

There is no problem with the rest of the Tyros2.

Thanks for any help

Mike

#173210 - 11/04/05 08:48 AM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
So far I had no problems whatsoever with my screen; however, I did notice that, compared with the screen of my Tyros 1, the colors look less bright (like the saturation parameter had been turned way down). So, I would say that I liked the screen in the Tyros 1 more.
One positive thing about the screen: the function keys on both sides now look much more solid and reliable and less prone to malfunctions.

#173211 - 11/04/05 04:01 PM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
No problems with my screen which I actually prefer to the T1. I do have one problem however which is a bit worrying and another which is a bit of nuisance.

Like many others I transferred my hard drive from T1 into the new one. Fine so far,
except that I have noticed that I am now suffering drop-outs on some registrations which have always worked perfectly before.
Some styles are faltering slightly and as T2 is supposed to have the same 128 note polyphony as T1 I am a bit puzzled.

The other thing which I find a bit annoying is a change thay seem to have made with the Music Finder. If one goes from one reg to another it now plays an introduction instead of going straight into the new number. I wonder if anyone lnows a way to overcome this?

Apart from these I am very happy with T2,although I still have to do abit of EQ tweaking on those SA trumpets which sound a bit shrill to me.

Trevor

#173212 - 11/04/05 04:19 PM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Trevor,
I wonder if some of the new voices in Tyros 2 are using up more polyphony than similar voices in the Tyros1.

If the new voices are layered, and the old ones weren't, then you'd be chewing up more polyphony, therefore you may be getting dropouts?

Unfortunately I don't own a Tyros, but the manual may tell you if the voices are layered? and how much polyphony certain voices use up.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trevorjohn:
[B] I have noticed that I am now suffering drop-outs on some registrations which have always worked perfectly before.
Some styles are faltering slightly and as T2 is supposed to have the same 128 note polyphony as T1 I am a bit puzzled.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#173213 - 11/04/05 09:08 PM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
Dnj Offline

Question: How is the view of the T2 screen outside in daylight?

#173214 - 11/05/05 05:43 AM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Good suggestion rikki but I haven't utilised any of the new voices into my old transferred registrations. Unless, of course, it is increased polyphony usage in the modified styles which, I presume, it would use automatically.. I will investigate.

All the best
Trevor

#173215 - 11/05/05 06:41 AM Re: Tyros2 screen problem?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Question: How is the view of the T2 screen outside in daylight?

If it's similar to all the other displays, there is no view--just a blank screen if the sun hits it. For the life of me I cannot understand why Yamaha, who also makes sunlight viewable marine electronic instruments, has not used sunlight viewable LCD displays. The same is true with all other keyboard manufacturers. Dumbest damned thing I've ever seen!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online