SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145709 - 04/07/05 08:59 AM Bongo Bongo and Indian Bells
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
I am a PSR3000 owner and I am looking for some specific, excellent quality drum sounds. Right now I am needing some Bongo sounds and Sleigh Bells/Indian Bells type sounds. I have search all the drum kits on my PSR and my Roland RD700SX and they don't come close to what I want.

The Bongo sounds I have found are really poor and not multi-dimensional like a real bongo player. And the type of bells I need at the type that would be found at an Indian Pow Wow dance, gentle 'jingle' low-pitched bells.

Where in the world can I find these sounds and use them with my PSR3000? (or my Roland RD700SX expansion card slot)

Thanks for your help. Russ

------------------
Russ Bolduc
russbolduc@comcast.net
817-714-0488

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#145710 - 04/07/05 11:27 AM Re: Bongo Bongo and Indian Bells
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, since you already own an RD 700 SX (with two expansion slots) you might want to check out the SRX 09 World expansion board and maybe you will find what you are looking for.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=13&subcatid=55&prodid=SRX%2D09

By the way, how do you like your RD 700 SX?

#145711 - 04/07/05 02:23 PM Re: Bongo Bongo and Indian Bells
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Dreamer, Thanks for your reply.

I LOVE the Roland RD700SX paino. The paino sound is unreal, the action is perfect and the instrument is very flexible. But not perfect...

I am at a compelte loss for wondering why some of the other voices Roland put in there are so BAD!!! I also find the arpeggiator styles awful and useless, and the rythems not so great.

One example of bad voices are the guitars. They are really BAD. On the plus side, the Organs are awesome (love the leslie speed knob) and the strings and horns are pretty good and the jazz scat voices are great. I will be interested to audition some of Rolands expansion boards.

But it's the paino that I bought it for. I dont think there's a better paino for my liking. I do not regret my purchase.

Russ

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#145712 - 04/07/05 03:25 PM Re: Bongo Bongo and Indian Bells
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Russ,
thank you for your reply; I am glad that you like the Roland piano so much. I have an XV 3080 with two expansion cards that would fit nicely inside the 700 SX...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online