SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#107869 - 12/23/04 06:45 AM Digital piano as an alternative?
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Hello,

In my regular music store they have a special offer on the Roland KF-7 stagepiano. According to them it's a real good alternative for an arranger keyboard. It has of course an 88 note weighted hammer action keybed. This particular model has 128-voice polyphony, 683 tones, 204 styles, style converter and style composer. It looks like you won't be missing out something on this instrument if you are an arranger player.

At € 2390.- or about $ 3100.- it sure looks like a nice offer. It has build in amplification and speakers, but it was demonstrated with a small Technics subwoofer. Since the speakers are a bit tiny I think it needs that. But boy, that ascoustic pianosample really sounded great!
I think I would only miss the pitch bender, but that can be dealth with by using an extra pedal.

My question however is about the piano action keybed. I'm not a pianoplayer, but I played it for a short while and think I could get used to it. Will this be a good thing for my playing technique, or do you guess it will only be a struggle if you never had pianolessons like me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

------------------
Tom NL

#107870 - 12/23/04 08:37 AM Re: Digital piano as an alternative?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tom, if you don't ever need to move it, and you're accustomed to playing a fully weighted (keys) acoustic piano, I might seriously consider the KF-7: http://www.roland.com/products/en/KF-7/ http://www.roland.com/products/en/KF-7/specs.html

Please checkout my response to this same topic at this link:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009707.html

Scott

#107871 - 12/23/04 11:39 AM Re: Digital piano as an alternative?
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Tom, if you don't ever need to move it, and you're accustomed to playing a fully weighted (keys) acoustic piano, I might seriously consider the KF-7

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. In the other thread I read you are in fact a pianoplayer. Wouldn't you like to have a digital piano for playing at home?

And yes, I don't do gigs. It's just for playing at home as a hobby. The KF-7 does have good specifications doesn't it? But I'm definitely not used to to playing fully weighted piano keys so that's what's still holding me back.

As you probably know I am also interested in the Roland G-70, but the music store didn't have it yet. I checked out this KF-7 instead and did fell a bit in love with it . So it doesn't make things easier. The smart thing to do is probably wait till I can play the G-70 myself in the store. And it might also be wise to see what will be introduced at the Winter-Namm in a few weeks time.

------------------
Tom NL

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online