SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113106 - 11/15/04 11:01 AM I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have decided to take the brand new motorhome to Florida on its first major trip. Rocky Dawg and I will spend about 10 days to trip over to what ever that town is in Florida,(Lakeland?), spend a few days, then wander on back home. I think the Jam is April 15th weekend.
I will prolly travel I-10 in case anyone has a place to park over night and would like someone to play for their supper
I am open to taking along anyone to Florida that might like to share expenses and is a member of the synthzone going to the Jam in Florida, but would not take anyone along on the trip back cause it might take years
The last time I went to Florida in the RV, I didn't get back home for 5 years Stayed at Panama City that winter and then wandered.
Forum organizers please send me current info so I can start planning and paying
I have decided to make the Panama Canal cruise from Florida to San Francisco another time. This Jam is more important
Hope to see everyone there
Best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#113107 - 11/16/04 08:22 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Looks like wifey and I will be there too, albeit not for the entire affair. We both have busy schedules and taking time off isn't easy. I have some business contacts and muso friends in the Orlando area that I need to spend time with so this coincides well with that, plus it looks like a good time of year to score some vacation time. We're going to take the week off prior to the 15th and drive down from Hilton Head, SC and bum around mid-Florida all week, catch some music acts, do some Disney World, etc. We'll likely be at the opening day of the SZ jam but we'll have to head home after.

#113108 - 11/16/04 12:38 PM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
What are the details ..........

#113109 - 11/16/04 07:30 PM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
BEBOP Offline

HI PRO and DAN,
I will be looking forward to seeing you guys at the SJ Jam in Florida in April.
Dan, either Heather or Fran will post here and give you details so you can plan on joining us. Not far from Baltimore to Orlando area.
I am off for a couple of weeks in the motorhome and will be back catching up the end of the month
Best to all
Bebop

#113110 - 11/17/04 05:24 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Dan01,

All the details for the East Coast (southern) Jam can be found at http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/

Registration and Payment for the jam may be made at the site and the info for the hotel it there but you have to call them direct.

Because of the room size we are limited to 40 total attendees so registration is important.

At the site if you goto the Agenda page there is a list of the registered people and the total number so far.

Best Wishes,
Heather and the ECJ Committee

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
What are the details ..........

#113111 - 11/17/04 10:05 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
BEBOP Offline

I am registered and expect to be there in the new motorhome with Rocky and a couple few keyboards. It will be a ball. Jann might fly in also if she can get free time. I registered her too just in case OH I forgot to register Rocky. Well, he don't play much anyway, mostly just sings
You best get signed up while there is still openings. This list is filling up fast and looks like only 13 more can come. That would only be 6 1/2 Couples?? HMMMM ??
See you there.
Oh I will try to get a RV space far away from everyone else and then we can jam all night too
PS: I am gone in the new motorhome for 10 days so hold up all emails and thanks
Happy Turkey day to all
Bebop

#113112 - 11/18/04 04:55 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I've updated the web site to include BeBop and Jann. That makes 27 registered.

There are still a few names of people who originally said they wanted to come who have not registered.

If you are planning to attend you can go to http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/ and click Agenda to see if your name is on the confirmed or not confirmed list.

I, as one of the committee, would like to remind you that this is YOUR JAM. And while we have planned a basic Agenda it's a "Jam" and not a show so what actually happens at the jam will be up to those who attend.

We want everyone who wants to play to have a chance to do that and hopefully people will play together also.

We also want everyone to have a chance to see and learn about other keyboards that maybe you've not have a chance to hear or play in a live setting like this.

I know I can speak for the entire committee when I say that we are really looking forward to seeing and meeting you and our goal is to simply have a great time.

(This Message is also posted in the Technics forum.)

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 11-18-2004).]

#113113 - 11/18/04 10:14 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Is this Easter weekend ?

#113114 - 11/18/04 12:18 PM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I I am going to the Synthzone Forum Jam in Florida in April

Bebop, GREAT news! It's gonna be FUN to catch you (my good buddy who lives just down the highway), clear across the'other side' of the Country.

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Is this Easter weekend ?

Nope, Easter 2005 falls on March 27th. In addition, this event falls AFTER the Spring Break madness rush, so that means less crowds at Orlando attractions like DisneyWorld.

I myself made my East Coast FLA Jam reservation deposit (quite a while back), and really looking forward to meeting as many fellow Synthzone "General Arranger" forum members there. This is yet another RARE opportunity to finally meet one another in person, play our music for each other, as well as together (jam).My schedule during April 2005 is tight, and because I want to checkout Orlando & DisneyWorld as well, probably will only be able to attend one (or possibly two) days of the event.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:
. We'll likely be at the opening day of the SZ jam but we'll have to head home after.

Jim, I hope to coincide my attendance day(s) to occur the same day you're there.

I haven't made my airline reservations yet though because my prefered discount airline (SouthWest Airlines) won't book reservations for April 2005 for another month yet. I hope to catch their $99 Oakland-Orlando discount fare. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm really getting excited about this event, and hope others here can attend as well.

Scott

#113115 - 11/19/04 05:14 AM Re: I AM GOING TO THE SYNTHZONE FORUM JAM IN FLORIDA IN APRIL
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I'm looking forward to seeing you too Scott, as this gathering seems to occur on the ideal date for a getaway. It's perfectly scheduled between other holidays and should be a good time to visit the Orlando area also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online