SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218342 - 03/02/04 04:07 PM Hammond Organ/w Leslie simulator on Board..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Has anybody heard or seen or possibly played this Hammond Portable Organ/Keyboard?

Hammond XE-1 Organ/Keyboard

It has a built in Digital Leslie simulator and onboard speakers that pack a wallop! 50Wx2 onboard speakers with Bass Woofer!!!

The kicker is it's an Arranger!!!!

I called Hammond USA and the Retail price is $4,695 with Bench and Pedal Board. But I got a hold of a Hammond Rep who says the MAP price is around $3,500-$3,600 w/Bench and Pedal Board.

For all you Organ aficionados this may be just the ticket for the portable "B3" sound with a built in Digital Leslie simulator and onboard speakers. Plus you have the option of hooking up to a real Leslie if you so desire. Or you can also get Bi-Amped Tannoy external Monitor Speakers with Sub to enhance the onboard speakers.

Any further enlightenment about the XE-1 from others that have more knowledge or a firsthand account of it is appreciated.

I stumbled across the web site today and was really impressed by what I read and saw about the XE-1. No mention of Polyphony (how much, etc.) though.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-02-2004).]

#218343 - 03/02/04 04:20 PM Re: Hammond Organ/w Leslie simulator on Board..
Dnj Offline

Auto Accompaniment Styles and rhythm

The auto-vari rhythm and auto-band orchestra sections combine to provide Hammond's completely redesigned rhythmic accompaniment section. 100 new rhythm patterns each with four variations which can be programmed to change automatically, work together with three accompaniment variations to create 1200 automatic backing patterns. The accompaniment operates in 3 different modes : Single, Fingered Mode and Pianist. For the not so accomplished player there is a one finger easy-play system. By utilising the Rhythm Preset function each rhythm will automatically select a suitable instrumental registration to compliment the chosen pattern. Two rhythm fills, an intro and ending pattern are also provided as well as Hammond's exclusive touch tempo which allows you to set your own rhythm speed by simply tapping the touch tempo button. This can be done at the start or even during a rhythm sequence. Additional styles can be loaded via floppy disc or via the special CompactFlash Memory Card.

Ouch My back!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-02-2004).]

#218344 - 03/02/04 09:15 PM Re: Hammond Organ/w Leslie simulator on Board..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The XE-1 has been discussed before on the SynthZone: And it jogged my memory realizing that I've seen the XE-1 before on that 'stand'. In none other place than the SZ six months ago. Glad I found the thread since it answers many questions.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/007321.html

Before I found this thread I listened to some demos on the XE-1. Save your money folks. The sounds don't muster up to todays Arranger keyboards from the the Big Three, Ketron or GEM. Really lackluster. I was disappointed to say the least. Also, the XE-1 has been out since "2000"!! They now have the XE-2 but if you click the link on Hammonds site the XE-2 doesn't come up.

I couldn't find the weight of the XE-1 ANYWHERE! Hammond must keep it top secret realizing if it became common knowledge they probably wouldn't sell a one of em'. I'm thinkin' the weight is at LEAST 100 lbs. and that's probably a conservative figure.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-02-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online