SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173567 - 02/08/04 11:12 AM Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
Yesterday I installed the software that came with Yamaha S08 to my laptop computer, which allready had the Yamaha Tyros software and now none of the two work. Before installing the S08 software I didnīt have any problems with Tyros software, but now they donīt work at all. Is the some compatibility problem with Tyros and S08?

#173568 - 02/18/04 11:17 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

Help me, please. Is it really true that you canīt have the software of both keyboards on a same computer?

#173569 - 02/18/04 06:14 PM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
trtjazz Offline

Micco
I don't know for sure on your combination, but I've have the Tyros and Motif sofware both loaded and working.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#173570 - 02/20/04 12:45 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

Thanks for the info. I will uninstall all the software now and I will install them all from the beginning. I hope that it will fix the problem.

#173571 - 02/20/04 01:05 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I think "start again" is good advice!

And whilst I don't know a thing about the software you are using, I feel a mini-rant coming on, aimed at all the "its broken, please help" postings...

What does "not working" actually mean? Do the software packages now fail to initialise at all? Or do they start up and then not recognise the keyboard that is attached to the computer? What interfaces are they using - Serial? Midi? "To Host" serial Cable? USB? Firewire?

This sort of information makes "remote" advice much more meaningful.

Hope you get this sorted. It seems very strange that the software interacts in this way.

#173572 - 02/23/04 02:54 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

I am very sorry, but for me it is very difficult to explain these things because english is not my main language. Of course I could explain these things in finnish to you, but I donīt think you would understand that.

So I will start again. I have connected both keyboards to my computer with USB (one keyboard at time) and when I try to transfer or receive data, I get an error message saying that I should check my MIDI setups or something like that.

#173573 - 02/23/04 09:42 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Micco:
Yesterday I installed the software that came with Yamaha S08 to my laptop computer, which allready had the Yamaha Tyros software and now none of the two work.

"Is there some compatibility problem with Tyros and S08?"

Maybe Steve Deming of Yamaha could fill you in on whether there is a compatibility problem between the Tyros and S08 softwares. Steve??

Also Micco, did you indeed uninstall the sofwares and start from scratch again? You said you were going to do that. Did you?

How did that turn out if you did? Any different at all? Same error? Different errors reported?

Also you didn't say which operating system you are using on your Laptop. Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP??? MAC OS9/10/X??
Linux? Just kidding.

Best regards,
Mike

#173574 - 02/24/04 01:37 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Sorry, I forget we are multinational!

I wonder if there's something about the way the software is trying to communicate.

I remember the Yamaha "To host" serial cable installed itself to look like another Midi device; is this also the case for the USB drivers?

If it is the case, have you now got two USB "Midi" ports both from Yamaha which are getting in each others way - I'd remove one of them.

You may have to then go back into the software and re-assign their midi outputs and inputs to be the USB "midi" device.

Hope this helps!

#173575 - 02/27/04 01:02 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

Now I uninstalled every Yamaha software from my computer and I installed the latest MIDI driver, the sequence software and the voice editor plug-in for S08. Now when I try to receive data from the S08 I get the message saying "Bulk Receive Time Out Error".

#173576 - 02/28/04 03:52 AM Re: Problems with Yamahas software
Micco Offline

I forgot to answer your question. I have Windows XP on my computer.

Today I spend three hours trying to fix the problem, but I havenīt found the solution.

Help me, please!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online