SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95187 - 01/24/04 04:30 PM Cakewalk & PSR2100 troubleshooting Help
Beakybird Offline

I created a sequence out of a style on the PSR2100. When I go to play it on the computer with Cakewalk Sonar 2.2, I get hang ups at certain measures. At those measures, there are horizontal lines that can be seen in the midi and in piano roll view, but these lines can't be edited. Is there something in sysex that is causing the hangup? Does anyone else have this problem. The problem doesn't exist playing the midi on the keyboard. It doesn't exist playing audio files on Cakewalk.

Please help

Beakybird

#95188 - 01/24/04 05:29 PM Re: Cakewalk & PSR2100 troubleshooting Help
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry, never experienced this problem myself playing a Yamaha file in Sonar, but tend too suspect (like you) that these could be some kind of SysEx or Yamaha exclusive meta events that might be hanging things up. What's odd is that you're not even able to delete these events (horizontal bars). Curious, do these events show up in the 'event list' window as well? Though I certainly don't know for sure, I'm wondering if the events which are hanging up the playback might be specific arranger kb type start/stop commands?

I hope some of the midi experts here might be able to shed some light on this and provide a solution to the problem.

Good luck, - Scott

#95189 - 01/24/04 09:08 PM Re: Cakewalk & PSR2100 troubleshooting Help
Beakybird Offline

The horizontal bars that appear are sysex events. When I erase the sysex bank, the bar disappears and the hangup disappears. I will send you the midi, and you can tell me whether it hangs up on your Cakewalk.

Thanks Scott,

Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online