SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#130791 - 06/21/03 01:58 PM Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hi,yesterday i got my new psr2100 and still
i am busy to dig its function out.The sounds
and styles are rated from good to excellent.
I simply did not like the operating system.
It is somewhat confusing and clumsy and takes
time to get used to it.
The manual,ooooppppsss very un-friendly.I wonder who wrote and desgind it.The man should be awarded with a CASIO VL1.It seemed
the os develpers and the manual makres did not understand eachother.What has hapend to
yamaha i wonder.The os should be more comprihensive.
Yamaha continued its tradition of giving
poor sequencer.They should take a look at Technics and Korg etc.I am sorry if somebody
is hurt.Above all the board offers a good
value for money.Thaks.

#130792 - 06/21/03 02:30 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Like anything new and different it will take some time to get it down. BUT, really most of us find the OS to operate very easily without really using the owners manual. That's how I learned mine. I suggest just pushing some buttons and see what happens.

Also, Joe Waters has a site designed to make life easy for you to learn your 2100.
www.psrtutorial.com

Enjoy

Scott Langholff

#130793 - 06/21/03 03:52 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Shakeel,

I agree about the manuals--not only Yamaha's, but additionally, all the others out there are written with the same pen. Most are poorly written, vague in their descriptions, and they're not at all user friendly. As Scott said, "I suggest just pushing some buttons and see what happens." More often than not, experience is the best teacher--even when it comes to keyboards.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#130794 - 06/22/03 10:29 AM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hello,Thanks for sharing your views.I will
visit Joe Waters'site to find what he has
to help learning PSRs.

#130795 - 06/22/03 01:45 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Shakeel.

Bad manuals are not a feature of Yamies.
Roland, Korg, Ketron goes in the same way.
I think that a lot of dollars are spent with new kbds development but nothing is spent for manuals .
Fortunately, Yamie owners have sites as Joe Waters that are very instructive.
Chico

#130796 - 06/22/03 02:01 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Some manuals are better than others. I had to get the PSR2000 manual to find out some of the details of my 740 and I found a load of other good stuff for explaining effects in the SPX1000 manual. So a lot of the info is there - you just have to look around for it in odd places.

Bryan

#130797 - 06/22/03 02:19 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I thought the Korg PA 80 manual was very good. Loose leafs, so you can update. And they DO issue updates!
DonM

#130798 - 06/22/03 10:07 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Wow, DonM, you must be a computer head then. That PA80 manual was to me 300 pages that would be difficult for a nuclear scientist.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-22-2003).]

#130799 - 06/22/03 10:51 PM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The solution to all these convoluted manuals that too often seem to make no sense, is the supportive arranger keyboard community we've formed here. We all have different pieces of the pie to share, and together we can bring together the whole pie, faster than we ever could individually.
Synthzone, as well as the other terrific internet arranger keyboard forums (SVPWorld, Joe Waters PSR2000 site) has saved me countless hours of frustration trying to figure out the manuals alone. A special thanks to everyone for both sharing their valuable contributions as well as the comraderie formed here. - Scott

#130800 - 06/23/03 05:47 AM Re: Finaly my new PSR2100 knocked at my door!!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree with Don. Yep, the manual is thick for the PA80, but the board has a lot of functionality, and I was able to nail down anything I needed to know from inside of it. I liked the looseleaf design too. Still, it can be difficult reading... I thought the manual for the PSR2000 was a little more vague, but as was mentioned, help is plentiful on the net via sites like Joe Water's PSR tutorial, SVP world, the unnoficial PSR 740 homepage, and of course right here at SZ, among othes.

Now the Motif.. Confusing.... and very very complicated. It literally took me months to really understand what was going on in there, and the manual, despite being lengthy, really doesn't go very deep into it's functions. Without the help of the Motifator site, I might very well have given up on it, but am glad I didn't...

I echo what Scott says. In many cases I haven't had to rack my brains trying to figure this stuff out because of the help given on these sites. Since I got my second PSR2k, I've hardly opened the manual. Instead I just went to Joe's site and found whatever I needed there. I had remembered some things from my first 2k, but it had been over a year since I had sent the first one back, and I couldn't remember all of it.

AJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online