SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181147 - 05/08/03 11:16 AM Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm looking for some feedback on the new Behringer B300 300 watt, 15" amplified speakers. These are very reasonably priced and sound like just what I need.

Anyone use or hear these?

Al
P.S. I don't pull my topics.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#181148 - 05/08/03 12:43 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Uncle Dave commented on them in the past week or so. Try searching the forum.
As I recall, he wasn't crazy about them.
DonM

#181149 - 05/08/03 02:55 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
kbrkr Offline

Thanks DonM

#181150 - 05/08/03 09:57 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a pair and they are GREAT!!!

#181151 - 05/09/03 12:57 AM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
A friend at work just bought one to use as a keyboard amp and is very pleased with the sound quality.

#181152 - 05/09/03 04:16 AM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I heard them in action and was very underwhelmed. My friends at repair shops say the the repair record of Behringer amps is high. Those two points will keep this particular speaker out of my setup.
Maybe they will improve after a while, but I think the quality control factors into this .... they're putting alot of units out on the street that need to come back. That's not a good sign.

My EV's have been stellar since day one. Not a single gripe about the speaker, size or power. The covers - on the other hand, are an abomination ! They are made well, but designed by an idiot. They are so cumbersome to put on the speaker - I'm thinking of ripping out the zipper and moving it to another location so they can slide on and off with more ease. They also put the handle in the WORST place for transport. The unit travels MUCH better when carried from the side. It keeps it closer to your body. The way they designed it - the handle is forcing you to carry the unit from the back, making it wider and more uncomfortable. They really goofed in the R&D depts on this one, and they are VERY expensive too. For the price they charge ... they should have done their homework first.

#181153 - 05/09/03 06:13 AM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
kbrkr Offline

Thanks UD, reliability is VERY important in my book. Do you think Behringer has learned a thing or two with their new equipment? The price/performance of the B300's are so damn hard to overlook. I've heard from other the bass response of the B300's are not that great even though they are 15" speakers.

The EV's you are referring to are they the SXA100's? I've heard good things about them.

Thanks and REgards,
Al

#181154 - 05/09/03 04:28 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread is an example of the good and bad of online forums. The good is that you can interact with people all over the world with common interests. The bad is that negative comments by those with an axe to grind (e.g. work for a competitor) or positive comments by those with a financial interest can create a false impression of a product.

Take the Behringer B300. I agree that the bang for the buck is terrific for this speaker. I have a pair and I can tell you that they are great. And I have no financial interest in that company.

I can also tell you that speaker opinions are very subjective. And that the price of name brand speakers has a lot of profit margin built in to pay for the advertising.

The only way to figure it out is to go to the store and listen yourself. A lot of people think they hear something but really don't when placed in a controlled environoment to A/B two different speakers.
For example, the aoustics and ambience of the room, the angle of the listener, etc.

Also, posters on a forum are not necessarily a scientific random sample of buyers. Usually those with problems post and those who are satisified are making music.

As to quality, I spoke with the owners of Behringer at the winter NAMM show this year and was told they have opened up a new factory in China that implements the lastest ISO specs (these are international guidelines and procedures for quality control and companies that implement this spec have the highest quality). You can't use the ISO designation unless the factory is certified by an international body of engineers.

By the way, I met Nigel and his lovely wife at this same NAMM show. I guess he doesn't remember meeting me there since he is quick to erase my posts when he disagrees with me.

As far as one repairman's anecdotal experiences, they are just that: anecdotal, not scientific. And which store does he work for - one that doesn't sell Behringer? And when was the experience - before the new factory opened last year?

Bottom line - Behringer is the fastest growing company in the music biz at the moment. The reason is that it provides good quality and value.

You know, the music biz is a relatively small industry. As musicians, I think we should all think very hard before knocking a product. Competition benefits us by forcing companies to continue research and development and by keeping prices down. By being quick to be negative about a product, you may be putting the kibosh on potential sales that not only hurt a company, but hurt all musicians as well. Think before you post.

Read others comments but make up your own mind.

#181155 - 05/09/03 04:41 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I don't have any personal experience with their speakers, but the Behringer Shark DSP110 is a terrific 'all in one' compressor, mic feedback eliminator, and mic pre-amp (phantom power) box that I'm really happy with. Pro performance at at budget price.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDSP110

#181156 - 05/09/03 05:13 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I sell Behringer products. One year ago, I only sold their small non-powered mixers because they offered amazing bang for the buck. I sold dozens and never had one returned. At this years NAMM show, my sales rep walked me around the Booth and I was amazed at how many guitar amps, bass amps, mixers, mics, a powered mixer, keyboard amps, monitor speakers, microphones, signal processors, etc. this company makes. And, really to my surprise, how inexpensive everything they sell is. It's all manufactured in china, as may companies have gone to, and I have not had a single piece break down since February, when all this gear started coming in and going out my door. I have sold products to hard working pros and to home studio hobiests. It is the best line of gear I've picked up for sale in my store in years.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online