SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#181157 - 05/10/03 08:54 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
For others in the U.S. . . .
I have some Behringer mics and a mixer, but isn't it a shame that U.S. companies can't make quality gear for the same prices. Peavey makes good equipment, and it is reasonably priced, but not that close to Behringer prices.
Will we (or do we already)pay a higher "price" in the end for buying all this Chinese equipment. Our economy is bad. Is it related? Cause, or effect? I dunno, just wondering.
DonM

#181158 - 05/10/03 09:57 PM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Economists call that the theory of comparative advantage. Even though two countries can both produce musical instruments, the one that can produce quality products cheapest will be the net exporter of those products.

The U.S. is not the loser. Consumers win by buying cheaper. And the U.S. manufacturers just have to specialize in what they do best e.g. aerospace, software, autos, movies, music, etc.

http://internationalecon.com/v1.0/ch40/40c000.html

By the way, I am willing to bet that most "U.S." music companies, even good ole boy Peavey has the actual manufacturing done in China or another southeast Asian country. The design, engineering and marketing can be done here but the actual assembly is usually done overseas. America is not too competitive when it comes to basic assembly line electronic component labor.

"Another sign of the times is that Peavey has subcontracted manufacturing to China Ð but the design is still American, and proud to be so!"
http://www.sonomag-worldedition.com/Sono_int21/Peavey.html

[This message has been edited by blink_ers (edited 05-10-2003).]

#181159 - 05/12/03 06:33 AM Re: Anyone familiar with Behringer B300 Speakers?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Going back a few posts to Blinkers comments- I have Mackie 300i 2ways and love them. I bought them because of the clean, full sound and the price. If I could have afforded it at the time I would have chosen the EV SX200. I have never heard a better sounding cabinet and anyone I've ever met loves their EVs. Price and features are always major considerations when buying. I feel I do a lot of researching before I buy; I try not to let sales people give me testamonials, but ask for and expect answers to questions I may have.

Anyway, it sounds like the Behringers are a good buy too. Good luck.
Cass

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 05-12-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online