SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#463333 - 12/17/18 03:53 PM Chas " I Remember Clifford"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Here's Benny Golson's " I Remember Clifford" I had forgotten that I played this tune years ago I liked it so much that during my wedding reception 24 years ago when the band took a break I played it and lied a little bit. I told our guests that the name of the tune was "I Remember Michael" in memory of my late father who had passed away 10 years earlier. No one knew the difference.

Recored as a midi file on my Clavinova CVP 307 then recorded on my Zoom 4 recorder.

https://soundcloud.com/stephenm52/i-remember-clifford-sm-piano-solo

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/17/18 03:55 PM)

#463337 - 12/17/18 04:14 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damned, you are so talented, my friend. I could just picture you sitting behind a full-size Steinway Grand piano, wearing a tux and playing this in some upscale nite club in Manhattan. WOW!

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#463338 - 12/17/18 04:18 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap headphone clap

#463339 - 12/17/18 04:38 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Steve, you're a prince among men. Thank you so much for that. I've always loved that song, as do probably anyone else that has a soul. Gotta say, that Clavinova sounds great (all the Yammies seem very 'playable' to me, as in, very responsive to sensitive, delicate playing without dropping notes if you play too soft).

Like Monk's 'round midnight or the Beatles 'Yesterday', the melody, structure and chord progression just seem to be inspired by some higher spiritual power.....and yet, it'll be outsold 1000/1 by 'Mustang Sally' smile. Oh well, I guess the people have spoken (the bastards).

chas

#463340 - 12/17/18 04:40 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Sounds great Steve. clap

#463341 - 12/17/18 04:42 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Damned, you are so talented, my friend. I could just picture you sitting behind a full-size Steinway Grand piano, wearing a tux and playing this in some upscale nite club in Manhattan. WOW!

All the best,

Gary

Gary thanks and with that classy selection of vests and silk shirts you sent my way I definitely have the threads. When you mentioned Steinway brings me back when I worked for the local Steinway dealer we had both 7 and 9 foot grands in our rental department. There was nothing like sitting at the keys of one of those pianos.

Donny thanks buddy!

#463344 - 12/17/18 04:44 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Steve:

Wow, that Clavinova sounds great while you are tickling those "ivories." Gotta admit, I don't think I ever heard "Clifford" before... but you made it memorable. Thanks, Mr. Talent! Send more soon! ----West Mayberry Dave

#463346 - 12/17/18 04:59 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
YEAH !!! clap clap clap ... that's my buddy, Steve, representing little rhody in a BIG way ...
Really nice job once again, my friend ...

#463348 - 12/17/18 05:03 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Steve, you're a prince among men. Thank you so much for that. I've always loved that song, as do probably anyone else that has a soul. Gotta say, that Clavinova sounds great (all the Yammies seem very 'playable' to me, as in, very responsive to sensitive, delicate playing without dropping notes if you play too soft).

Like Monk's 'round midnight or the Beatles 'Yesterday', the melody, structure and chord progression just seem to be inspired by some higher spiritual power.....and yet, it'll be outsold 1000/1 by 'Mustang Sally' smile. Oh well, I guess the people have spoken (the bastards).

chas

You’re welcome and Thanks Chas!!

I’m with you tune like “Round Mindnight and Yesterday are hard to beat but they aren’t for the mainstream

Purchased the Clavinova somewhere around 2004 and still sounds great, it has a what Yamaha calls a GH3 (Graded Hammer Action) the keys are made of wood so it helps with the piano feel. The Clavinova is one board I never felt the need to upgrade does everything I need it for piano solo. I miss my Samick grand but this Clavinova never goes out of tune. smile

Tracy appreciate the kudos!

Dave, Glad to hear you enjoyed the tune, it’s a good one for sure. Thanks for the kind words!

#463362 - 12/17/18 06:41 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Really nice again, Steve. You're blowing me away. Didn't know you had that up your sleeve. headphone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online