SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#463363 - 12/17/18 07:10 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
YEAH !!! clap clap clap ... that's my buddy, Steve, representing little rhody in a BIG way ...
Really nice job once again, my friend ...

Tony, My Rhody buddy and neighbor thank you! We’re both representing Rhody in a big way you’ve posted some nice work too!

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Really nice again, Steve. You're blowing me away. Didn't know you had that up your sleeve. headphone

Thanks Scott I appreciate the comment! In the past I never thought much about posting piano solo because it’s an arranger forum.

#463365 - 12/17/18 07:35 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Post away Steve. That is WONDERFUL....so tasty.
Eddie

#463376 - 12/18/18 04:07 AM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By btweengigs
Post away Steve. That is WONDERFUL....so tasty.
Eddie

Hat's off to you Ed, thanks!

#463381 - 12/18/18 05:26 AM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

#463385 - 12/18/18 06:15 AM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

There’s nothing like seeing and hearing the great masters playing!

#463386 - 12/18/18 06:19 AM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
There’s nothing like seeing and hearing the great masters playing!

yep Steve without an arranger kb in site... wink
makes you wonder cool2

#463423 - 12/18/18 03:00 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey Stephen,

I really liked your rendition. I’m a bit of a frustrated pianist myself and spend most of my practice time behind the piano rather than the arranger. Let me ask you this; On the solo piano pieces that you have posted, did you learn them from a special arrangement written for piano, a lead sheet or by ear? Any tips on solo jazz piano would be appreciated!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#463428 - 12/18/18 03:17 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Bueatiful tune, never heard it, and great playing. Nice work !!!!

#463430 - 12/18/18 04:44 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: montunoman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Hey Stephen,

I really liked your rendition. I’m a bit of a frustrated pianist myself and spend most of my practice time behind the piano rather than the arranger. Let me ask you this; On the solo piano pieces that you have posted, did you learn them from a special arrangement written for piano, a lead sheet or by ear? Any tips on solo jazz piano would be appreciated!

Paul most of the jazz style tunes I play are from jazz transcriptions/special arrangements. When it comes to playing by ear that's a weak point for me so I never learn solo piano by ear. So far as advice the only thing I can say is continue to spend as much time you can practicing but you know that already.

I'll give you the run down how I was taught years back when I was working with a piano teacher. He had me working out of the Hanon series books for technique, also Czerny for technique as I advanced. Each week he'd assign technique exercise(s), a pop tune, a classical work, later when I wanted to take a crack at improvising he had me study chords. I could spend weeks on more difficult tunes so it wasn't necessarily a new tune every week. When it came to jazz he'd recommend a book of jazz transcriptions then I'd take and learn them note by note.

Today I don't spend any time with classical type music but when I can I take the Hanon book and play 10 or so of the basic finger excercises to keep my strength up in the weaker fingers. Hope that helps you!

As a side note, I learned "I Remember Clifford " in the early 90s and hadn't played it in years then Chas posted a version of it and I thought I gotta play that again. When I played it thru the first time I found it needed work so for about a week I spent about an hour a day working on it to get out the rought spots.

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Bueatiful tune, never heard it, and great playing. Nice work !!!!

Bill, Thank you. cool

#463432 - 12/18/18 05:11 PM Re: Chas " I Remember Clifford" [Re: Stephenm52]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Steve....You apparently had a great teacher and a lot of self-discipline...which has paid off in great results.
Eddie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online