SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#435519 - 08/03/17 09:40 AM Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH
Dnj Offline

cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/03/17 09:41 AM)

#435521 - 08/03/17 10:31 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Looks like a sophisticated Karaoke Machine - you outta get one, Donny. You sincerely believe that's where the future of music is headed, at least according to your posts during the past decade. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#435522 - 08/03/17 10:47 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Looks like a sophisticated Karaoke Machine - you outta get one, Donny. You sincerely believe that's where the future of music is headed, at least according to your posts during the past decade. wink

Gary cool

Like I said Gary we agree to disagree have a nice day.
That said my KORG Pa4x can do all of that shown,
..the Merish 4 is a really nice unit for a single act with singer, keyboard or guitar, etc, for sure.

Edited by Dnj (08/03/17 10:50 AM)

#435530 - 08/03/17 12:14 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Very impressive unit and I agree thats where "live" preformance is going. Of course you still have to be able to sing and interact but as we know people don't care where the music is coming from.

#435533 - 08/03/17 12:53 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Very impressive unit and I agree thats where "live" performance is going. Of course you still have to be able to sing and interact but as we know people don't care where the music is coming from.

Thanx Bill for the reply..national live acts all over have been using digital backing tracks for years worldwide it's nothing new from
Disneyland shows, major concert venues, to Broadway and beyond...computer technology has infested every part of our lives and will continue to do so. By musicians embracing the technology and creating music in different ways is inevitable for sure. I see it as a good thing. We can't live in the past anymore although many still do and remain in denial but that's ok too if it makes them happy.
The people have spoken and as the songs goes....

"Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera…

cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/03/17 02:33 PM)

#435537 - 08/03/17 02:17 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I don't get out that much but like Gary and DonM, I don't see any indication of 'live' performance going in that direction around these parts. I guess there are a few KJ/DJ type venues somewhere around Atlanta, but all the well-known clubs, etc. feature live music of some type. The most common seem to be 'Blues' clubs, followed by Country, followed by Rock.

The other thing I don't agree with is that machines like the one above is the 'future of music'. It may turn out to have a niche in (so-called) 'live performance' (in a few selected venues - like former karaoke bars), but it most certainly is not the future of MUSIC (as in music creation). For the most part, these things are really just a highly evolved, highly controllable, 'record player' (sans vocal track). Truth is, I can't imagine why any MUSICIAN would even want one (to create music with--or even perform with). I also don't believe that the audience (except for maybe the MOST uninformed) doesn't care where the music is coming from. If that were true, what would be the motivation for wanting to play there? Or, are you saying that musicians don't care about being musicians anymore. I hope I'm dead and gone before we reach that state.

Anyhoo, JMO.

chas

#435541 - 08/03/17 02:35 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: cgiles]
Bill Lewis Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I don't get out that much but like Gary and DonM, I don't see any indication of 'live' performance going in that direction around these parts. I guess there are a few KJ/DJ type venues somewhere around Atlanta, but all the well-known clubs, etc. feature live music of some type. The most common seem to be 'Blues' clubs, followed by Country, followed by Rock.

The other thing I don't agree with is that machines like the one above is the 'future of music'. It may turn out to have a niche in (so-called) 'live performance' (in a few selected venues - like former karaoke bars), but it most certainly is not the future of MUSIC (as in music creation). For the most part, these things are
really just a highly evolved, highly controllable, 'record player' (sans vocal track). Truth is, I can't imagine why any MUSICIAN would even want one (to create music with--or even perform with). I also don't believe that the audience (except for maybe the MOST uninformed) doesn't care where the music is coming from. If that were true, what would be the motivation for wanting to play there? Or, are you saying that musicians don't care about being musicians anymore. I hope I'm dead and gone before we reach that state.

Anyhoo, JMO.

chas

There will be bands for along time in certain situations but economics dictate this new kind of preforming. At,least 10 years ago a good friend of mine ditched bringing his keyboard and went Singing/ DJ . He's still going strong in Nothern NJ
He can be more versatile and do more,contemporary music. He's just one example of a few I know of.
No one,complains if he's not playing, they like the singing and the dance music.

#435542 - 08/03/17 03:03 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Understand Bill. But there are two different things going on here. One is, 'what instrument/device/etc. are you going to use to gig with in the future, and two, what are you going to use to create music in the future. When you play a pre-recorded track at a gig, THAT music has ALREADY been created (and NOT on a 'Merish').

chas

#435544 - 08/03/17 03:23 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Definaltly agree they are different. Creating the music and preforming the music are two different worlds. Rarely do the talents that go into creating a piece get the credit that the Singer who performs it gets . Or the money.
We were discussing Donny's find of what I think is a great new tool for the performer. Creating the music it plays takes lots of different tools and talents.
BTW I really liked the way the unit morphed from one song to the next. I wish my Arranger could do that.

#435545 - 08/03/17 03:41 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Bill I agree it does have some very interesting features and vocal harmony too. Plus the singer is smokin` hot!!

Edited by Dnj (08/03/17 04:08 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online