SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#435585 - 08/04/17 05:23 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
OK, a couple of things ...

First of all, I guess I'm old, very particular, or both, because I did not see a smokin' hot chick in that video ...

I'm still waiting for the "smokin' hot chick" to appear too"

Jerryghr

#435586 - 08/04/17 05:36 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Back when I was performing in NHs, I probably could have used this for my backing tracks. My problem was I was too lazy to bring much equipment so I used an Ipod and a rhythm guitar. I figured I made the same money no matter how much stuff I brought.

Now, I am working with an arranger and kicking around the idea of getting back into it, provided I can learn to play the arranger well enough. But at times, the realization of how much equipment I will have to carry compared to my backing track days hits and I wonder what I am doing. The bottom line is the backing tracks are too restrictive for me and the arranger gives you the freedom to try different things. I used to work four to five hours minimum on a track. Sometimes you would play the song and it didn't go over or I just stopped doing it for whatever reason. So all of the time working on the track is wasted. With an arranger, you can try things and if it doesn't work for whatever reason-nothing lost.

#435588 - 08/04/17 05:39 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
As for the haters & deniers they don't exist in my world of music. Have a great day! keys

Why is it that whenever anyone dares question your infinite wisdom about all things musical, they immediately get labeled a 'hater & denier'. Do you really think that YOUR opinion is the only one that counts? I merely questioned whether a gadget with so many 'live' controls might be difficult for older, more traditional musicians (which happens to make up the majority of this forum's members) to operate in a live performance. That makes me a 'hater'? Maybe it would help if you took a little more time to read and digest a post before your usual lightning-fast, knee-jerk responses. Just a friendly suggestion.

chas

#435589 - 08/04/17 05:41 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj
As for the haters & deniers they don't exist in my world of music. Have a great day! keys

Why is it that whenever anyone dares question your infinite wisdom about all things musical, they immediately get labeled a 'hater & denier'. Do you really think that YOUR opinion is the only one that counts? I merely questioned whether a gadget with so many 'live' controls might be difficult for older, more traditional musicians (which happens to make up the majority of this forum's members) to operate in a live performance. That makes me a 'hater'? Maybe it would help if you took a little more time to read and digest a post before your usual lightning-fast, knee-jerk responses. Just a friendly suggestion.

chas

Chas so early in the morning? it was a "general statement" not aimed at anyone in particular and yes there are haters/deniers in this world I just block them out, just being honest. Also I really don't need your advice on how to reply thank you for your concern,...
now back to my morning coffee......

coffee

Edited by Dnj (08/04/17 05:57 AM)

#435592 - 08/04/17 05:53 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Written communication is seriously tricky, especially on Synthzone. Tone of voice, intention and meaning can easily be misinterpreted. People can and will get offended at what otherwise might seem like something totally inconsequential. At times I’ve seen discussions go nuclear over something that was said online simply because the intent and tone of voice wasn’t understood correctly.

.....................and that's when the fight started. smile

Edited by Jerryghr (08/04/17 05:54 AM)

#435610 - 08/04/17 08:18 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Jerryghr]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
This unit seems to be the next incarnation of the Roland Discover 5m and Ketron Midjay. It utilizes newer technology to allow singers and solo performers to embellish their performance.

This is certainly not a new concept...just the latest technological self contained unit...and it sounds pretty darn good. Heck...back in the 70's I would pre-record background harmonies and keyboard parts on sound on sound tape decks, and then play them through my pa as I sang a played guitar. People thought I was lip syncing at the time.

Donny continues to share technology as he finds it on the web. I for one, appreciate his discoveries without judgement for his motives. Technology will continue to advance whether we like it or not. Someone still has to create the music. It's up to the live performer to sell their reproduction of it.

#435612 - 08/04/17 08:24 AM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
This unit seems to be the next incarnation of the Roland Discover 5m and Ketron Midjay. It utilizes newer technology to allow singers and solo performers to embellish their performance.

This is certainly not a new concept...just the latest technological self contained unit...and it sounds pretty darn good. Heck...back in the 70's I would pre-record background harmonies and keyboard parts on sound on sound tape decks, and then play them through my pa as I sang a played guitar. People thought I was lip syncing at the time.

Donny continues to share technology as he finds it on the web. I for one, appreciate his discoveries without judgement for his motives. Technology will continue to advance whether we like it or not. Someone still has to create the music. It's up to the live performer to sell their reproduction of it.

Jingleman Thanx, wise words,...
I see you have an open mind. Good luck with your music.

#435623 - 08/04/17 01:11 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By jingleman

Jingleman Thanx, wise words,...
I see you have an open mind. Good luck with your music.

+1 on Jingleman's comment.

#435624 - 08/04/17 02:13 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Torch
I had been following on this company that makes the Merish. It is an Italian company http://www.m-live.com/en/ I thought about getting one but decided to go software.
Do you play out with software or?
Just once in a blue moon I use my software setup; mp3 with lyrics, kar files, and Karaoke apps. I use either PC apps or IOS apps. One of them is written by the very company that make the Merish. It's called Grinta.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#435627 - 08/04/17 02:24 PM Re: Merish 4 MIDI Mp3 Backing Track Player & VH [Re: Torch]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I had been following on this company that makes the Merish. It is an Italian company http://www.m-live.com/en/ I thought about getting one but decided to go software.
Do you play out with software or?
Just once in a blue moon I use my software setup; mp3 with lyrics, kar files, and Karaoke apps. I use either PC apps or IOS apps. One of them is written by the very company that make the Merish. It's called Grinta.

Sounds like an interesting setup...good luck with your music.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online