SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427860 - 11/21/16 08:33 AM I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9
Beakybird Offline

For small gigs: https://aiwa.co/products/aiwa-exos-9-bluetooth-speaker

Lets say that I have the JBL Eon One. It doesn't make sense to load this 40lb system and spend time setting it up for a nursing home gig of 20 people. At the same time, the Yamaha PSR-S970 onboard speakers are not that high fidelity.

I wouldn't need the bluetooth or the wireless aspects, but this Aiwa speaker gets nothing but 5 star reviews from so many people and websites. It's just 17 lbs. I could put it in a backpack.

What do you guys think? Is it worth a try?

#427862 - 11/21/16 09:38 AM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Maui 5 Frank at Audioworks

Edited by Dnj (11/21/16 10:45 AM)

#427864 - 11/21/16 10:17 AM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Maui 5 from Frank at Audioworks. Lloyd

#427865 - 11/21/16 11:00 AM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Does it make sense to own two array speaker systems - The JBL Eon One and the Maui 5?

#427866 - 11/21/16 11:24 AM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

One for big jobs.... One for small... And depending on situation use both..

#427871 - 11/21/16 08:28 PM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I'm very happy with Aiwa Exos-9s. Sound is superb. You can eq it to your liking. Lightweight and compact. Perfect for nursing home or small venue. I'm ordering another one for medium to bigger venues. It replaced my other PAs and further simplified my rig. Go for it you'll not regret owning it.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#427873 - 11/21/16 08:54 PM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: synerjim]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
I'm very happy with Aiwa Exos-9s. Sound is superb. You can eq it to your liking. Lightweight and compact. Perfect for nursing home or small venue. I'm ordering another one for medium to bigger venues. It replaced my other PAs and further simplified my rig. Go for it you'll not regret owning it.

I see you also own the Bose L1 compact. Do you think two Aiwa Exos-9's would do a similar job? Or is it apples and oranges?

You're the only musician I've heard of that's using this unit. But the reviews say that it has amazing bass and crisp highs which is suitable for an arranger keyboard.

#427875 - 11/21/16 11:39 PM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird

I see you also own the Bose L1 compact. Do you think two Aiwa Exos-9's would do a similar job? Or is it apples and oranges?

You're the only musician I've heard of that's using this unit. But the reviews say that it has amazing bass and crisp highs which is suitable for an arranger keyboard.
Aiwa responded to my email and said that you can connect a stereo source to a unit and use its link function to connect to a second unit wirelessly and run them in stereo.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#427878 - 11/22/16 05:33 AM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: synerjim]
Beakybird Offline

Another question I have is where do you place the speaker during a performance?

#427884 - 11/22/16 01:25 PM Re: I'm thinking of getting the Aiwa Exos-9 [Re: Beakybird]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Yes, in my opinion it'll do similar job in lieu of Bose L1 Compacts just bit lesser in throws. Plus if you use 2 you've got the luxury of stereo sounds. I'm gonna use Bluetooth transmitter with 2 Exos-9 and place them wide apart for more pronounced stereo projection. Using Bluetooth will also lessen the clutter and you can place the lightweight Exos anywhere within it's Bluetooth range (<= 50ft)
Right now i'm placing the Exos just on the floor in front of my keyboard. I'm using the keyboard's power supply to tilt it bit upward. You can feel the bass of this puppy!
Btw, I'm also the one who first used and introduced the Logitech Z-220 to the forum.
I already sold one of my Bose Compact L1. I'm keeping the other one . I'm getting rid also of my other bulky, heavy PAs (Motion Sounds, Subwoofer). So far so good, I'm loving the compactness and simplicity of my rig.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online