SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388932 - 05/12/14 08:00 PM Really old man in the "trenches!"
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been filling in on Monday nights at The Raven Restaurant in Towson, MD for a friend of mine and fellow performer that is having some severe health problems. So I guess this is the trenches Donny is always talking about, but to me, it's the top of the mountain - Damned I love my job. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388934 - 05/12/14 08:17 PM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ya got it goin' on for sure Gary! Wish the sound was louder!

#388935 - 05/12/14 08:23 PM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Don, Carol shot the vids with that $29 camcorder and she was about 30 feet away from me at the time. Unfortunately, there was no way for me to tell her to move closer. Maybe next Monday night.

Gary cool

#388939 - 05/13/14 12:05 AM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap keys

You learned well Grasshopper. ....
nice job! headphone

#388944 - 05/13/14 06:48 AM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... yep, the sound has to be up ... but the dance floor was crowded ... looks like a cool gig ...

#388949 - 05/13/14 08:12 AM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Tony, unfortunately, there is no way for me to adjust the sound higher. This is a very inexpensive camera with a pair or shotgun mics on it and with very limited range. Carol wasn't close enough to the speakers, therefore the crowd noise overpowered the ambient sound to some degree. When I return next week, I'll try to improve the situation and post the results. At one time I had a nice tripod with a revolving head that would have allowed me to shoot the vids from the keyboard, but someone apparently needed it more than I did and swiped it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#388950 - 05/13/14 08:21 AM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary it was fine, love the way you went right into the next song keeping them dancing, wink ........what the heck,?
we ain't Pro Videographers, .... I'm happy just to see everyone posting their TRENCH WORK & /or Musical Demos for all to see & hear after all it's all about the music!! headphone ..It sure beats pissing contests, and arguing about yours is better then mine, and beyond.keep em coming. cool2

Edited by Dnj (05/13/14 08:22 AM)

#388952 - 05/13/14 10:03 AM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
what the heck,?
we ain't Pro Videographers, .... I'm happy just to see everyone posting their TRENCH WORK & /or Musical Demos for all to see & hear after all it's all about the music!! headphone ..It sure beats pissing contests, and arguing about yours is better then mine, and beyond.keep em coming. cool2

+1

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#388958 - 05/13/14 01:49 PM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Gary it was fine, love the way you went right into the next song keeping them dancing, wink ........what the heck,?

"what the heck,?" ?!? ... confused1 ... all I was doing was agreeing with DonM that I would have liked the sound to be louder so I could have appreciated Gary's performance more ... and as far as I could tell all that would mean is having Carol stand or sit closer to Gary ...

Gary ... no reflection on you or Carol's videography expertise ... and it's too bad about your tripod ... if I have room I'll try to bring one to the jam ...

and YES ... it's better than pissing contests ...

#388961 - 05/13/14 02:46 PM Re: Really old man in the "trenches!" [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Tony, no problem. about 25 years ago, I did a lot of professional videography, but this time I had no control over the situation. Only wish I did. Next time, I promise, I will do better. In fact, I'll take the camera up on the deck and shoot a vid of the grill. It's about 8 feet long, which is insanely large, but I got a fantastic deal on it.

Gary cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online