SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#388842 - 05/10/14 06:24 PM Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Unfortunately, it was on the phone, but WHAT A CHARACTER!

And I mean that in the best possible way. He's a hard liner and an expert on jazz, jazz history, chords, changes...anything that involves improvisational music, music giants, etc.

He's the real deal. Without even hearing him, I'd bet he can blow some serious brains out on tenor.

We're cut from the same cloth, and I'm looking forward to working with him....using his expertise with horns and jazz, plus his knowledge of how those convoluted musician heads work...on a project just now in formation. My great friend Don will also be involved, as will the guy I'd like to be when I grow up; Chas.

If you guys have never visited at length with a real jazz horn player, you're missing out, big-time.

For 4 years, every once in a while, I just call a member here out of the blue. It's amazing what you learn and how much more you get when talking person-to-person.

Boo is "DA BOMB"!

Love to share a bandstand with him.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (05/10/14 06:28 PM)

#388843 - 05/10/14 07:45 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo is a super nice guy, we have been friends for years, but his wife Penny is much smarter and better looking. Sorry Boo, the Devil made me say that! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388845 - 05/10/14 10:56 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I also talked with Boo today. He is excited, as I am, about the upcoming project. I'm looking forward to seeing Boo again. I can tell you first hand he is a really fine sax man, and his solo keyboard act is good too!

#388854 - 05/11/14 06:31 AM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... so, will the rest of us here get to hear/see the results of this project??? ...

Edited by tony mads usa (05/11/14 06:31 AM)

#388872 - 05/11/14 11:16 AM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: captain Russ]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Geez! Now I've got to sell my sax. There's no way I'm gonna try playing or recording for anyone on this forum after this crap you guys spread around.

I am not Dexter Gordon, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, or Coleman Hawkins. I'm more of an Ace Cannon, Gato Barbaro,(did I spell that right?, Boots Randolph and a tennie weenie bit of Getz, just a tennie weenie bit of Stan.

Really I'm a decent commercial musician who loves jazz and strives to play a little bit of it. However, I know one when I hear one.

#388874 - 05/11/14 12:09 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: captain Russ]
124 Offline

You're a modest kinda guy, too. I like that.

#388875 - 05/11/14 01:00 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

... well WE want to hear you play ... it's time to make believers of ALL of us grin ...

and boo ... it's Gato Barbieri ... wink

#388876 - 05/11/14 01:36 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: captain Russ]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony I don't know why we only have a very short window to edit our post. That's biggest fault with this forum. Sometimes we want to say something but don't have but 5 minutes or so because we have to go to the Doctor, go to the store, go beat up the neighbor because they just insulted our wife and a million other reasons. Then, if I'd say to myself, well I'll post later, I've forgotten about it 3 minutes later. Sometimes I see a stupid mistake I made after spending 20 minutes check spelling so on and so fort and read it a week later, what can you feel but stupid and can't do anything about it. I can't see one reason for this. Would someone help me understand this? Nigel please?

#388879 - 05/11/14 04:57 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

boo ... it goes back to when people were saying unkind things and then removing the post after other people commented about it ... overall, it is probably a good thing because it makes people think before they post ... at least SOME of the time ... wink

#388883 - 05/11/14 06:16 PM Re: Spent a "fun" Hour with Boo.... [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Tony I don't know why we only have a very short window to edit our post. That's biggest fault with this forum. Sometimes we want to say something but don't have but 5 minutes or so because we have to go to the Doctor, go to the store, go beat up the neighbor because they just insulted our wife and a million other reasons. Then, if I'd say to myself, well I'll post later, I've forgotten about it 3 minutes later. Sometimes I see a stupid mistake I made after spending 20 minutes check spelling so on and so fort and read it a week later, what can you feel but stupid and can't do anything about it. I can't see one reason for this. Would someone help me understand this? Nigel please?

It is simply because in the past there have been occasional cases of forum members posting extremely inflammatory posts then editing them away after the s*** hits the fan. So you can thank them for the short editing window.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online