SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#383590 - 02/03/14 07:56 AM Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info
brooster Offline

#383591 - 02/03/14 08:10 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
Dnj Offline

in reality who the heck is playing this kind of ensemble music?
with all that wasted R&D money they could have created and added added some incredible hip modern styles & made changes players are asking for to t5....what were they thinking with Ensemble?? confused1 Im sure ensemble will attract the younger set to play arrangers, maybe the MINUET Hip Hop Style!!?......NOT!!

Edited by Dnj (02/03/14 08:14 AM)

#383592 - 02/03/14 08:45 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
brooster Offline

The person doing the videos is from a different country with different musical interests and I don't think that she works for Yamaha. I was referring to the ensemble instruments and the way they blended together.

Ensemble voices - Strings

#383593 - 02/03/14 09:08 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: brooster
The person doing the videos is from a different country with different musical interests and I don't think that she works for Yamaha. I was referring to the ensemble instruments and the way they blended together.

I can understand that and they are done very well.....
but I don't think that kind of music is popular anywhere in the world today anymore...I could be wrong?..just sayin'..
but was it needed to be so highlighted in a new tyros unit this time around?...What was discussions on this genre was going in in the R&D pre-meeting room before they built it & agreed it had to be implemented?.....and they utterly ignore years of requests by faithful users to include certain features asked for year after year, touch screen, MFSD concerns, keybed, chord sequencer, neutrik Mic inputs, size, etc, etc, ..meanwhile your paying for ensemble features?

sorry for venting....but I am sirtrting here trapped in a Major snowstorm eek2
I will now go listen to headphone

Beethoven: Violin Sonatas
Leonidas Kavakos & Enrico Pace

Edited by Dnj (02/03/14 09:13 AM)

#383594 - 02/03/14 09:24 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: brooster

I can understand that and they are done very well.....
but I don't think that kind of music is popular anywhere in the world today anymore...I could be wrong?..just sayin'..
but was it needed to be so highlighted in a new tyros unit this time around?...What was discussions on this genre was going in in the R&D pre-meeting room before they built it & agreed it had to be implemented?.....and they utterly ignore years of requests by faithful users to include certain features asked for year after year, touch screen, MFSD concerns, keybed, chord sequencer, neutrik Mic inputs, size, etc, etc, ..meanwhile your paying for ensemble features?

sorry for venting....but I am sirtrting here trapped in a Major snowstorm eek2
I will now go listen to headphone

Beethoven: Violin Sonatas
Leonidas Kavakos & Enrico Pace

Its the kind of music that sells arrangers in europe...

And since arrangers sell good in europe and not in the US, this feauture and these sounds have a valid place...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#383595 - 02/03/14 09:28 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Quote:
And since arrangers sell good in europe and not in the US, this feauture and these sounds have a valid place...

If thats the case...This is probably why arranger Kb as a whole will NEVER become main stream world wide for younger people vs workstations, computer based modern music, etc, etc, ..I guess they have to follow the $$$$$$$$$$$ as always..

#383596 - 02/03/14 09:29 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That "kind of music" is more popular than you think, Donny...you are just not in the group of players that would use it.

I have had a lot of emails from people very interested in the Tyros5's Ensemble feature, some wanting to use it for classical type music or Big Band Swing stuff as well.

I'm not sure how often I would use it, but, perhaps like in your case as well, my needs aren't everyone's needs.

Ian

#383597 - 02/03/14 09:42 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
That "kind of music" is more popular than you think, Donny...you are just not in the group of players that would use it.

I have had a lot of emails from people very interested in the Tyros5's Ensemble feature, some wanting to use it for classical type music or Big Band Swing stuff as well.

I'm not sure how often I would use it, but, perhaps like in your case as well, my needs aren't everyone's needs.

Ian

ok Ian I stand corrected,......I'm learning things every day & respect the genre for those who enjoy it,....was Ensemble requested by the European masses to be included in T5? or?.. if this keeps up I am starting to feel alienated as a American player using Yamaha arrangers vs KORG & Roland in the future.

Edited by Dnj (02/03/14 09:42 AM)

#383599 - 02/03/14 09:42 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Quote:

If thats the case...This is probably why arranger Kb as a whole will NEVER become main stream world wide for younger people vs workstations, computer based modern music, etc, etc, ..I guess they have to follow the $$$$$$$$$$$ as always..

But since you are the one that only needs 30 styles in an arranger, maybe we build you a special arranger withe like 30 styles and 20 solo instruments to choose from.... Espescially geared for the music you prefer to play...

In arrangers my friend its not about the things of the features you dont use, but about the ones you do use... And the instrument is meant to work for every musician and every style of music he wants to play.... Thats the power of arrangers... One size fits all...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#383600 - 02/03/14 09:44 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
rosetree
Unregistered

I HOPE there is a demand for baroque, classic and romantic music - and not only hip modern styles... and I can confirm that the soloist I often accompany is getting enough requests to sing classical music, operettes or musicals, not only at church wedding ceremonies (in Germany).
And the ensemble voices can also be used for swing. I can't imagine there are no audiences in the US which appreciate classical music during dinner for example.

BTW, the owner of that homepage works freelance for Yamaha Central Europe (she has given presentations since the 1980s for Yamaha), I just looked it up on her personal homepage.

Edited by rosetree (02/03/14 09:52 AM)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online