SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#383605 - 02/03/14 09:53 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I think there is a app for this section in today's pop music but Donny you also have a point the ensemble section is still too early for me to comment I have not found myself using it yet. But we will see. I am hopeful they will add some newer things via download hiper stuff as a sound and style library I would like to see more stuff to download that is for today type of stuff that would help to gain a younger buying group.

#383606 - 02/03/14 09:56 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Quote:
And since arrangers sell good in europe and not in the US, this feauture and these sounds have a valid place...

If thats the case...This is probably why arranger Kb as a whole will NEVER become main stream world wide for younger people vs workstations, computer based modern music, etc, etc, ..I guess they have to follow the $$$$$$$$$$$ as always..

But since you are the one that only needs 30 styles in an arranger, maybe we build you a special arranger withe like 30 styles and 20 solo instruments to choose from.... Espescially geared for the music you prefer to play...

In arrangers my friend its not about the things of the features you dont use, but about the ones you do use... And the instrument is meant to work for every musician and every style of music he wants to play.... Thats the power of arrangers... One size fits all...

I've been playing arrangers professionally since their inception, and various KB's & synths, 20 years before that,....No problem, Like I said 30+ styles is all I need for what I do keys ..I also wish Yamaha would allow default styles to be deleted like the other brands so you can truly make the KB your own.

Edited by Dnj (02/03/14 09:57 AM)

#383609 - 02/03/14 10:02 AM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I find the responses to Donny's post interesting because when Frankie V demo'ed the T5 for me and showed me this feature, my response was "Nice, but WHO is going to use it?" ... well, like Donny, I have learned that perhaps there are many people who will use it ... surprised

#383640 - 02/03/14 01:20 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
if this keeps up I am starting to feel alienated as a American player using Yamaha arrangers vs KORG & Roland in the future. [/quote]

While the ensemble feature seems like a very nice feature which could work very nicely in many types of music, I too feel alienated by the Tyros. I hear no representation of "real" authentic contemporary Latin dance styles. There's some nice Spanish flamenco, ballroom Latin, and bossa nova, but where's the styles that we need in the Americas? The Tyros is very Euro-centric which is forcing me to look else where.

Edited by montunoman (02/03/14 01:22 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#383641 - 02/03/14 01:26 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
The Tyros is very Euro-centric which is forcing me to look else where.

I agree,............I play one yes, it does the job,.....but am I really excited to do so not so much, I'm not CRAZY IN LOVE with it after 1yr so far....just a tool of the trade..actually only the PA900 is a consideration for my needs at this time.

#383646 - 02/03/14 01:48 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
rosetree
Unregistered

I'm not familiar with the Tyros... but is it a problem to load additional custom-made styles?? The BK-7m can do it. This can't be a reason to buy a different instrument, can it?

#383651 - 02/03/14 02:25 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: rosetree
I'm not familiar with the Tyros... but is it a problem to load additional custom-made styles?? The BK-7m can do it. This can't be a reason to buy a different instrument, can it?

Yes there's all sorts of 3rd party styles out there however the quality and authenticity ( at least in Latin) is very poor.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#383652 - 02/03/14 02:26 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..actually only the PA900 is a consideration for my needs at this time.

YEAH, Donny ... c'mon over to MY side ... keys bounce

#383653 - 02/03/14 02:36 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Paul, here's five more styles for you to use. http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=23993.0

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383656 - 02/03/14 03:00 PM Re: Awesome Tyros 5 Ensemble Info [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: montunoman
The Tyros is very Euro-centric which is forcing me to look else where.

actually only the PA900 is a consideration for my needs at this time.

Oh boy, here we go .....
wink

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online