SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#379476 - 12/26/13 11:34 AM The NUMA/Studiologic organ
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
I'm very keen on this organ,anyone here using this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXcjf7egvs

#379495 - 12/26/13 02:02 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Dnj Offline

enjoyable joey is so good man yeah!

#379496 - 12/26/13 02:04 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It has the same quality as the Key B Organ http://www.musicworldonline.co.uk/keyborgan//instruments/Numa/default.html

Before making a decision also have a look at these:

Hammonds own http://www.hammondorgan.co.uk/store/page1/page1.html or the Nord Electro 4 http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Products&clpm=Nord_Electro_4D

In addition if you have a computer or laptop you can buy the VB3 http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24 and control it from your existing keyboard. (Roland’s Midi implementation is normally quite reasonable)

BTW: I have heard the Key B Organ live, and for me personally I find it doesn’t quite have the bite that you get with a B, (its more smother like the A) but is a cracking instrument.

Hope this helps

Bill

#379504 - 12/26/13 02:20 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Sounds good but my only reservation is the company. I'd stick with one of the older more established manufacturers. Korg, Roland, Nord. Hammond. There are a few "clonewheel" units that sound quite good for Hammond sounds. I loved my Hammond XK3 but had to sell it for space reasons. I now have a Roland VR700 I may be selling soon because my BK9 is pretty good at covering the Hammond sounds plus a ton of other stuff.

Nothing like the B3's I gigged with years ago but who wants to move or maintain one of those anymore.

Funny how Joey has been a promoter for a few companies. Don't know why Hammond couldn't keep him on board.

BTW Bill I'm not knocking your opinion but an A and a B are the same organs, just different cabinets. Put them both thru a Leslie and they're identical. Best deal if you have to have a real Hammond is finding a nice home kept A100 or A105 and getting a leslie 145, 122, 147 to go with it.

#379513 - 12/26/13 02:41 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mockie Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Funny how Joey has been a promoter for a few companies.

This Numa organ was designed with the help of Joey, infact his name/signature is on top at the control panel, as in Les Paul and Gibson guitars. To me it ticks all the boxes B3 wise.

Thanks Bill for you comments, I just want to get back to live playing, with bass pedals etc.

Frank

#379574 - 12/27/13 10:53 AM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Frank

I wouldn't get too excited about having Joey's name on it. Just means he's getting paid by this company and as I said he's been with a few. Not to say its not a good instrument, I'm just not familiar with it. As far as Bass Pedals a number of the "Clones" will allow the use of pedals and a second manuel so you can have a mini B.
I did it with my Roland PK5's hooked into my VK7, then the Hammond XK3, and now my Roland VR700.
Good luck with your new board.

#379583 - 12/27/13 01:27 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mockie Offline

Thanks Bill for your mentoring.

Yes Bill, I suppose I am a bit excited, but it is amazing how

many manufacturers have nailed the Hammond/tonewheel sound so

faithfully. The only clones I'm looking/listening to right now

are the Numa and the Hammond SK1 ( 73 note). Apart from the

drawbars etc, the built in Leslies are something else.

I suppose you could say I'm at the dream stage at the moment,

but dreams do come true.

Thanks Bill

Frank

#379594 - 12/27/13 02:47 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
abacus Offline

Hi Bill

Yes, if you just listen to the Leslie (The only way to hear a B3) then the A100 sounds exactly the same for the reasons you mentioned, however if you use the on-board speakers of the A100 (Either with or without an external Leslie) then the sound becomes smother and loses the bite of a B3 with just the Leslie.

This is the reason I made the comment about the Key B (Numa) being like an A100 when used on its own. (As most purchases will use it)

Happy Playing

Bill

#379595 - 12/27/13 02:48 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
abacus Offline

Hi Frank

You may be interested about adding one of these; http://www.neo-instruments.de/de/ventilator/ventilator-features as those that have heard it, say that it unmatched by anything when simulating a Leslie 122.

Happy Playing

Bill

#379597 - 12/27/13 03:05 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Frank, I have the KeyB Duo Mk111. The Numa has the same sound engine as it's predecessors, the Mk1 and Mk11. The sound is very good but the quality is not quite up to the quality of the KeyB. If you're really interested, I suggest you go over to Keyboard Corners at this link.
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18/1/The_Keyboard_Corner

You can get solid information from some actual owners over there.

chas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online