SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#346508 - 07/06/12 09:40 PM NO BIG HIT THREADS
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All.

Have you all notice there are no big hitting threads any more on SZ, I have seen 200 replies in a short space of time to a thread, now 20 will be a busy one, what we need is a new arranger so we can all kick the hell out of the people who buy it. I keep threatening to buy the Kronos but Al says you need another life to be able to program it, I only have half a life now still working at 68. It would be nice to get into something where everyone gets to learn something. The T4 is a hand full and a powerful tool that most people will never get to use all the facilities, we need something we can all get our teeth into, preferable not each other. rotf2

Hope you all enjoy your 4th July calibrations and you didn't get too inebriated, what's the next big celibration??
party

#346517 - 07/07/12 03:59 AM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony, you are right on; knowledge helps everyone play/perform better.

John C.

#346519 - 07/07/12 05:29 AM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Have you all notice there are no big hitting threads any more on SZ, I have seen 200 replies in a short space of time to a thread, now 20 will be a busy one, what we need is a new arranger so we can all kick the hell out of the people who buy it.

It appears to me that many of the most recent threads haven't been about arranger instruments, and this being a General Arranger Keyboard Forum, the lack of replies is hardly surprising, Tony.

Most topics posted seem to have a comparatively limited interest such as sax playing, jazz organ, guitar playing, how much money being made, and how many gigs per year, hence the relatively short threads. At any rate, most of these also have been discussed many times in the past. I enjoy most of them, but, they might not be to everyone's taste, and they aren't actually about arranger keyboards.

They do, however, keep the forum going, and that's not a bad thing.

Just as a suggestion, it would be nice to hear how other arranger players use styles of a different genre in tunes that are usually played with another type.

Perhaps you are right, and, there may be more activity when some new arranger instruments are introduced, but that probably won't be till the fall.

I've been busy with other things (trying to get house ready to sell), so I don't have the time I used to have to do much posting, but I do try and peek in and add a reply now and again.

Ian

PS...I really enjoy the arranger music played and posted by The Wolf, Joost and Telmo...they are a real treat and show different types of arranger play, and hats off to Nigel for having this great arranger forum.

#346527 - 07/07/12 08:48 AM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
I am still new around here but I will be posting a lot more about different styles and playing skills ect. I get my Pax3 start of Aug...So many videos I will post up..and I will have heaps of questions.

Very very excited to be getting the Pax3!!!

#346528 - 07/07/12 08:52 AM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Less Off topics will help.....just sayin'

#346529 - 07/07/12 08:52 AM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Welcome to SZ, MattyB...yep, more arranger stuff would be great. It would be nice to hear the PA3X. Congrats on your new keyboard to be.

Ian

#346540 - 07/07/12 01:29 PM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
OT Threads are better than No Threads

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#346541 - 07/07/12 02:04 PM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: lahawk]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
OT Threads are better than No Threads

Right on, Larry...that's what keeps this place going during the spells between new arrangers.

Tony is right, we need some new gear to ramble on about.

I think we'll see some new Yamaha arrangers after the summer; not sure what Korg or Roland have got on the go.

Ian

#346544 - 07/07/12 03:54 PM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

I hate to say this but the days of arranger kbs is slowly digressing.......change is coming for sure.

#346549 - 07/07/12 07:34 PM Re: NO BIG HIT THREADS [Re: Dnj]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
In what way Dnj?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online