SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#342577 - 03/23/12 12:32 PM CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi all,

I just wanted to correct a post I made ages ago re the chord sequencer on the PA3...

In making that post I was relying on memory and a read of the PA3 manual, which was not really clear on it.

Well, I have now come to re-acquire a PA3X 76 (short story is the PA2x developed the LED issue, dealer agreed to replace plus relatively small upgrade fee $'s with a PA3)

So I thought I would re-visit this question. Good news is it CAN be controlled from the EC5 foot switch!! And only one switch is required for record and playback...

I also discovered that the Assignable foot switch can also be used, but it can only be set to either CS record start, or CS play...I don't think the assignable foot switch socket is stereo, so a stereo foot switch could not be used...in any case the interface does not allow an option to set both CS record and play to the one foot control....as written above the EC5 is different.

So there you have it, CS can be controlled, and very easily, from the EC5 pedal...

Dennis

#342583 - 03/23/12 02:05 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dennis,
Wow! that's Great News. cool
Thanks for pursuing and now discovering its actually possible to activate the Pa3X chord sequencer via the EC5 foot pedal unit,
and better yet, that you can activate 'both' rec & playback functions via a single EC5 pedal. clap
This to me makes the Pa3X chord sequencer feature perfect for 'on the fly' live performance,
and further increases my 'gotta have' a Pa3X desire. keys

In the meantime, because there are so relatively few Pa3X demos of western 'pop standards' type music currently posted on Youtube,
I'd like to encourage Synthzone Pa3X owners to record & post 'song demos' for us to hear.

Dennis, thanks again for posting that informative CS update. rocker

Scott smile

#342594 - 03/23/12 06:47 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
miden Offline

No worries Scot, happy to help...I am still a bit annoyed at myself for posting the wrong info in the first place though..

Dennis

#342597 - 03/23/12 08:42 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: Scottyee]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
In the meantime, because there are so relatively few Pa3X demos of western 'pop standards' type music currently posted on Youtube, I'd like to encourage Synthzone Pa3X owners to record & post 'song demos' for us to hear.

Scott.......ditto.....I thought I was on the "wrong" Youtube. I've been searching for PA3x "Western" demos all week now....no success......great Eastern European clips though.

Mark

#342598 - 03/23/12 09:47 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
124 Offline

Eastern Europe and Asia have long been Korg's major markets. Hopefully, they're getting a toe-hold in this part of the world now.

#342599 - 03/23/12 10:41 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
congratulations on your PA3X. Great to see you've got one again.
Those EC5 pedals are great, amazing what you can assign to them.

Haven't really tried Chord Sequencer, have enough trouble playing the right notes without the complexity of pressing 2 buttons, haahaa,
now assigning to the pedal, that sounds intersting. good find Dennis.

[quote=miden]Hi all,

Well, I have now come to re-acquire a PA3X 76

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#342603 - 03/23/12 11:51 PM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
miden Offline

Thanks Rikki, yes it has me re-assessing the CS as well...certainly makes it MUCH more accessible and easy to use live!!

Dennis

#342610 - 03/24/12 02:41 AM Re: CS on PA3x CAN be controlled from EC5 [Re: miden]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Dennis,

Thanks for the info.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online