SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#326291 - 06/10/11 12:59 PM NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support
Dnj Offline

#326297 - 06/10/11 01:56 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have one of these and I can highly recommend them. Very well made, excellent features, good price point.

I use it for my Motif, not the Tyros.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#326299 - 06/10/11 02:09 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I have one of these and I can highly recommend them. Very well made, excellent features, good price point.

Al can you post a picture of the inside of this case?.....I dont see that on the website.

#326300 - 06/10/11 02:15 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: kbrkr]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

I'm still using an older Kaces Porter brand case (with wheels) for my T4,
so in the market now for another small and light as possible rigid foam style padded case replacement, so
which brand/model of this type do you (or anyone else here) use /recommend for Tyros 4? smile

#326303 - 06/10/11 03:14 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Dnj]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Scott,

Take a look at these cases, I just became a dealer http://www.fusion-bags.com/

#326316 - 06/10/11 07:25 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Scott,

I was looking at the Tuff-Box semi-hard case with wheels which sells for $99.00.

I think I want something a little more firm to protect the T4 screen.

#326317 - 06/10/11 08:05 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: kbrkr]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: frankieve
Scott,Take a look at these cases, I just became a dealer http://www.fusion-bags.com/
Hi Frank. smile
Which one of those cases do you specifically recommend for a Tyros 4?
I'm looking for a case with interior dimensions to closely match the T4 dimensions,
and perhaps a 'solid foam' type shell plus sufficient padding to afford adequate protection esp around the LCD screen,
yet light for quick daily transport. Built in wheels would be nice but not essential.

Scott,
I was looking at the Tuff-Box semi-hard case with wheels which sells for $99.00.I think I want something a little more firm to protect the T4 screen.
Al, I tend to agree. smile

#326321 - 06/11/11 12:18 AM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Scottyee]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
If you've followed any of my posts in the last few months, I've been searching for a good Tyros case. My Kaces case is the same one you have ScottY, but the zipper went on it. I've been using it with bungie cords. They don't make that in that size anymore.

The nice case from Oostendorp's in the Netherlands which is the one that the European Yamaha artists preferred over the Yamaha hard shell case is no longer being made. It was made by a company in Poland. With shipping it would have been close to $500.

The Guardian case would be great except the 61 version is too short. The 76 version is way to long. Steve Molnar measured the outer dimensions for me. Any way this is the typical Tyros case problem, too short, too long, too heavy. The Yamaha hard case weighs more than the keyboard besides being too long.

Al and Scott, I don't quite understand what you're talking about the Tuffbox being semi-hard. It is a hard case. I saw the ATA version locally which is made from the same luan plywood. It was quite sturdy and light in weight.

In the next little bit, I plan on calling the case company again and getting some more info and see about having some custom changes as a possibility.

I have checked the feedback on ebay for them extensively for people getting these cases for keyboards including the Tyros.

Here are the three cases I have been looking at for some time. I have seen none other that matches the size, weight and price points I and most of us would want. I have seen nothing after some months besides these cases that make logical sense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TUFFBOX-Road-Cas...=item45fa29fa57

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-CASE-YAMAHA-TYRO...=item5d2edbb46b

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-CASE-YAMAHA-TYRO...=item5d2edbb46b

I can tell you, Scott, that the case I saw locally in a band offers a lot more protection in my mind than the Kaces case that we've been using. And the Kaces case weighs 19.25 lbs. I weighed it a Publix where they have an accurate scale.

It appears that the ATA cases will weigh about 19 pounds. The Tuffbox is supposed to weigh between 10-12 lbs.

Unless there is a "hard foam" like you mentioned that just surfaced that has the right dimensions, there isn't anything else out there that fills the bill for me.

These are all made by Hybrid cases in Holbrook, NY. They have different "divisions" sell them on ebay. It appears it's cheaper to buy them through ebay then to go direct.

The one from nycase is not quite deep enough, the other two could stand to be cut down 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" if desired, but not necessary. Any custom changes runs around $25-30 when I talked with them several months ago.

In some ways I prefer the two ATA cases, but if it weighs around the 19-20 lbs range, then I get a lot uninterested. It's getting kind of old to me to carry 53 lbs of gear.

The Tuffbox is the way I am leaning right now. Besides checking feedback for both the Tuffbox and ATA, I've emailed privately some of the buyers to see what they thought after they got them and the response has been as good as the ebay feedback.

One person got a Tuffbox to ship a Yamaha P85 to the orient and they said how good a case it was.

So, to me these are far from being a semi hard case. Anyway, thought I'd put up the info I have found so others may make use of it.

ScottL

#326341 - 06/11/11 02:07 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Posted same link twice. Here's the other case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ATA-Case-fits-YA...=item45f7eae1f2

#326342 - 06/11/11 03:12 PM Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Al can you post a picture of the inside of this case?.....I dont see that on the website.

Here you go Donny...

Edited by kbrkr (06/11/11 03:13 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online