NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support

Posted by: Dnj

NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 12:59 PM

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/category/Bags_and_Cases__Keyboard_Bags_and_Cases
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 01:56 PM

I have one of these and I can highly recommend them. Very well made, excellent features, good price point.

I use it for my Motif, not the Tyros.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I have one of these and I can highly recommend them. Very well made, excellent features, good price point.

Al can you post a picture of the inside of this case?.....I dont see that on the website.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 02:15 PM

I'm still using an older Kaces Porter brand case (with wheels) for my T4,
so in the market now for another small and light as possible rigid foam style padded case replacement, so
which brand/model of this type do you (or anyone else here) use /recommend for Tyros 4? smile
Posted by: frankieve

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 03:14 PM

Scott,

Take a look at these cases, I just became a dealer http://www.fusion-bags.com/

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 07:25 PM

Scott,

I was looking at the Tuff-Box semi-hard case with wheels which sells for $99.00.

I think I want something a little more firm to protect the T4 screen.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/10/11 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: frankieve
Scott,Take a look at these cases, I just became a dealer http://www.fusion-bags.com/
Hi Frank. smile
Which one of those cases do you specifically recommend for a Tyros 4?
I'm looking for a case with interior dimensions to closely match the T4 dimensions,
and perhaps a 'solid foam' type shell plus sufficient padding to afford adequate protection esp around the LCD screen,
yet light for quick daily transport. Built in wheels would be nice but not essential.

Scott,
I was looking at the Tuff-Box semi-hard case with wheels which sells for $99.00.I think I want something a little more firm to protect the T4 screen.
Al, I tend to agree. smile
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/11/11 12:18 AM

If you've followed any of my posts in the last few months, I've been searching for a good Tyros case. My Kaces case is the same one you have ScottY, but the zipper went on it. I've been using it with bungie cords. They don't make that in that size anymore.

The nice case from Oostendorp's in the Netherlands which is the one that the European Yamaha artists preferred over the Yamaha hard shell case is no longer being made. It was made by a company in Poland. With shipping it would have been close to $500.

The Guardian case would be great except the 61 version is too short. The 76 version is way to long. Steve Molnar measured the outer dimensions for me. Any way this is the typical Tyros case problem, too short, too long, too heavy. The Yamaha hard case weighs more than the keyboard besides being too long.

Al and Scott, I don't quite understand what you're talking about the Tuffbox being semi-hard. It is a hard case. I saw the ATA version locally which is made from the same luan plywood. It was quite sturdy and light in weight.

In the next little bit, I plan on calling the case company again and getting some more info and see about having some custom changes as a possibility.

I have checked the feedback on ebay for them extensively for people getting these cases for keyboards including the Tyros.

Here are the three cases I have been looking at for some time. I have seen none other that matches the size, weight and price points I and most of us would want. I have seen nothing after some months besides these cases that make logical sense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TUFFBOX-Road-Cas...=item45fa29fa57

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-CASE-YAMAHA-TYRO...=item5d2edbb46b

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-CASE-YAMAHA-TYRO...=item5d2edbb46b

I can tell you, Scott, that the case I saw locally in a band offers a lot more protection in my mind than the Kaces case that we've been using. And the Kaces case weighs 19.25 lbs. I weighed it a Publix where they have an accurate scale.

It appears that the ATA cases will weigh about 19 pounds. The Tuffbox is supposed to weigh between 10-12 lbs.

Unless there is a "hard foam" like you mentioned that just surfaced that has the right dimensions, there isn't anything else out there that fills the bill for me.

These are all made by Hybrid cases in Holbrook, NY. They have different "divisions" sell them on ebay. It appears it's cheaper to buy them through ebay then to go direct.

The one from nycase is not quite deep enough, the other two could stand to be cut down 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" if desired, but not necessary. Any custom changes runs around $25-30 when I talked with them several months ago.

In some ways I prefer the two ATA cases, but if it weighs around the 19-20 lbs range, then I get a lot uninterested. It's getting kind of old to me to carry 53 lbs of gear.

The Tuffbox is the way I am leaning right now. Besides checking feedback for both the Tuffbox and ATA, I've emailed privately some of the buyers to see what they thought after they got them and the response has been as good as the ebay feedback.

One person got a Tuffbox to ship a Yamaha P85 to the orient and they said how good a case it was.

So, to me these are far from being a semi hard case. Anyway, thought I'd put up the info I have found so others may make use of it.

ScottL

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/11/11 02:07 PM

Posted same link twice. Here's the other case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-ATA-Case-fits-YA...=item45f7eae1f2

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/11/11 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Al can you post a picture of the inside of this case?.....I dont see that on the website.

Here you go Donny...

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/11/11 03:20 PM

Scott,

When I talk about "Hard Case" I'm talking about SKB type case which can endure someone putting heaving weight or even stepping on it by accident.

This is my prototype hard case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Deluxe-Case-T...=item2a0fe95709

Luan wood is very thin and brittle and if someone steps on the case when it's empty, the case structure will be compromised. Things get kind of hectic after the gig and people don't watch where they are walking.

The issue I have with the TuffBox is I can't figure out how to order the Wheels and the extra handle for it which the website references. I emailed them and they said to call them.

the other issue I have is where do I put the Music Holder in the Tuffbox case? I like the foam cutout in the Tyros Custom case in that ebay auction YCTYROS-2.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/13/11 09:19 AM

+1

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/13/11 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Here you go Donny...

thanx for the pics of the case ....I was under the impression it was more rigid looking at the US website ...

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/13/11 10:35 PM

Scott,

When I talk about "Hard Case" I'm talking about SKB type case which can endure someone putting heaving weight or even stepping on it by accident.

This is my prototype hard case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Deluxe-Case-T...=item2a0fe95709

Luan wood is very thin and brittle and if someone steps on the case when it's empty, the case structure will be compromised. Things get kind of hectic after the gig and people don't watch where they are walking.

The issue I have with the TuffBox is I can't figure out how to order the Wheels and the extra handle for it which the website references. I emailed them and they said to call them.

the other issue I have is where do I put the Music Holder in the Tuffbox case? I like the foam cutout in the Tyros Custom case in that ebay auction YCTYROS-2.

Hi Al

People walking on your case? Wow, what kind of places do you play? rotfl bounce That really paints a picture in my mind laugh I know what you are saying though, I think grin

That SKB is a good one, that's for sure. I've heard of others using it and liking it. I think montunoman was one of them. For me it wouldn't work, because it weighs more than the Tyros at 36 lbs, plus they have it built so you can put your speakers on the end, making it way too long. And at $449 the case would have to be perfect to me. The case from Oostendorp would have cost a little more than that. It was perfect, but, the company in Poland stopped making them. I tried to find out which company that was and they didn't want to give me that info.

http://www.oostendorp-muziek.nl/Yamaha_Tyros_1_30065.html

I plan on calling the TuffBox outfit in the next couple days. I had spoken to them before and found out about customization etc. I'll post my info when I get it.

As for the music holder, you could do what ScottY, me and others did with our Kaces case. We used a piece of foam over the keyboard. I then place my music holder in a little laundry bag and set it right inside the case on top of the foam. Plenty of room for that. For me, I don't use the music holder anymore, so I'm going to see about getting the TuffBox depth cut down 1 1/4 " to 1 1/2" in depth. Ought to knock off a little more weight.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/13/11 10:50 PM

On the Oostendorp cases. It's interesting in that they look basically identical to the Gaurdian cases. The Gaurdian cases cost a lot less money. I'm thinking maybe the case from Poland was imported from China where the Guardians come from. But, again, the 61 is too short and the 76 too long. I really wish Yamaha would contract with the Gaurdian case company. It's interesting to note that the Guardian 61 and the Oostendorp case both weigh(ed) 13 lbs.

http://www.guardiancases.com/ck010.html
Posted by: mdorantes

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/14/11 01:18 AM

Hello everyone:

I did own the Yamaha Tyros hard case YCTYROS2, it was good for ALMOST 2 years, then began to have issues with the hardware. I also need to say that in the way the case was designed, it did rub off paint in both sides of the panels near the screen and in the edges of the board, also due to the Tyros 2 paint.

Yes, it protected well the Tyros2, but is to large even for the Tyros, keep in mind that this same case is also for the Motif I do not know if is for the 61 keys or the 76, perhaps for either, there is plenty of room.

I did replaced with an Gator ATA case that is more compact, much stronger and fits perfect the Tyros3 and now the T4 and so far NO problems with the hardware case in almost 3 years so far. My friend Juan Miguel made the adaptation, or removal of the extra foam, but left in off to protect the keyboard for all sides.

I move anywhere between 3-6 times per weeks for gigs, you do the math, times over 3 years, and for that I can say that is the most reliable case I ever had, I have no hesitation to recommend it, the best part that it protects my primary work tool.
It only makes sense to buy the best possible protection for any high end board.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/14/11 01:29 AM

I have no idea why the pic did not upload correctly, here it is.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/14/11 02:44 AM

Wow, so is it that the foam of the Yamaha case was too tight that it wore off the paint on the sides sliding it in and out of the case?

The pic is of the Gator case? Looks good but it looks like it's 48+ lbs?

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?S...CatalogID=11144

I think the link below is the case Bill Corfield got. It is an excellent case. Around 30 lbs. If they have it in the Guitar Center in Pensacola here, then it must be a regular stock item that you could see at any GC.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Runner-Keyboard-Flight-Case-with-Casters-103811261-i1171657.gc

It would be great to see how Bill is making out with his new case.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/14/11 07:21 PM

Just to be clear, the Gator ATA case I use is for the 61 keys keyboards, not the 76, so, is much more compact in size without compromising the Tyros 4 in anyway.

Very little lifting, since it has wheels, and quick to open or close, just 2 "keys" hardware that have never give problem, the YCTYROS2 did have more "keys" and three fall apart with the usage, so, I can say that they are not built to last, at least vs the Gator ATA case.

Re: NEW Keyboard cases from Ultimate Support - 06/14/11 08:17 PM

Wow, thanks smile to everyone for the treasure trove of Yamaha Tyros 4 case information and the different options presented.
Manuel, I especially like how your Gator (G-TOUR 61) case appears to fit your Tyros 4 length & width dimensions perfectly. clap
Is your case height as a close fit to your Tyros 4's height as well?
The Gator website shows that the ATA 61 case weighs 44 pounds which is substantially heavier frown than the 32 pound Tyros 4 itself.
I appreciate the durability of this case but have reservations about its weight.
Like ScottL, I'm very interested in learning more about the significantly lighter Tuffbox Case weighing only 10-12 lbs.
My concern about it though is durability and the added cost scaling it down to more closely match the dimensions of the Tyros 4.
Decisions decisions. confused1