SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302399 - 01/05/11 09:55 AM Ideas and sugestions needed please!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC

Those will be new Libraries Instruments which i am working on and will be
releasing soon as Libraries thru Native Instruments. On each Sounds there
will be Controls for main WET/DRY Reverb and Delay, Mono/Poly/Legato,
Portamento Mode and Time, works and sounds same as Korg, i might add Ribbon
and Breath Controller Controls. Controls and Graphics will also change,
deppending on Sound Category, for example for Guitars there will be Controls
for Drive, Distortion, Amps e tc. The Sounds are almost ready, just the
Graphics are in the begining stage somewhere. Here is a small Demo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbCHjUlw3Ow

Any ideas and advices on Graphics and Controls apreciated.
Thanks

#302400 - 01/05/11 10:00 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
Dnj Offline

I would Change the Blue for bright RED as that seems to be the "HIP" New color for Keyboards & honestly it stands out in a crowd. For the rest I'm a hardware player but I guess you have to be a software player to appreciate these kind of programs. Good luck in your new endeavor Nedim...Happy New Year!

#302401 - 01/05/11 10:26 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
Nedim Offline

Thanks Don, i tried using the Blueish color based on the Default color of my website which
has been for year but i dont know...as you say, not only hardware but many Kontakt Libraries
now come in some Red colors too...will see.

Thanks

#302402 - 01/05/11 10:52 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Nedim
Make sure all the controls of the original are available, so that they can be assigned to the controls on Master keyboards.
As to colour, keep it similar to the original instrument (Just highlight the edges if it doesn’t stand out enough) so that users feel at home with it.
Hope this helps

Bill

#302403 - 01/05/11 11:19 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
Nedim Offline

Hi Bill, unfortunatelly for some of the machines the Controls cannot be kept since they
are not available cuz Kontakt is only Sample Based. But what i have out for the CZ Sounds
is basically what one uses the Most on the real synth. On some of the libraries would be
possible to keep some Authentic Controls out, i will be writing new Scripts for that.
The color, if matched to the instruments would most likely go Black or dark Grayish.
In Red as Don sugested it would look something like this:

I also wonder what James has to say.

#302404 - 01/05/11 11:41 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Hi Bill, unfortunatelly for some of the machines the Controls cannot be kept since they
are not available cuz Kontakt is only Sample Based. But what i have out for the CZ Sounds
is basically what one uses the Most on the real synth. On some of the libraries would be
possible to keep some Authentic Controls out, i will be writing new Scripts for that.
The color, if matched to the instruments would most likely go Black or dark Grayish.
In Red as Don sugested it would look something like this:

I also wonder what James has to say.

I like it

#302405 - 01/05/11 11:48 AM Re: Ideas and sugestions needed please!
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I would Change the Blue for bright RED as that seems to be the "HIP" New color for Keyboards & honestly it stands out in a crowd. For the rest I'm a hardware player but I guess you have to be a software player to appreciate these kind of programs. Good luck in your new endeavor Nedim...Happy New Year!

bleah....I would keep it blue....red is so garish

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online