SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301127 - 12/16/10 11:53 PM Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Those of you familiar with me won’t be surprised to learn that after having swapped the Korg PA-500 for the PA-500Musikant two months ago I have now completed two months programming , resulting in a complete new set of Musical Resources. Originally made on and for the PA-500Musikant these Resources have recently been adapted for use in both the standard PA-500, as well as the PA-800 and PA=2X with big, big thanks to Willem Hersbach for doing a great job here.

After having listened to the German 3.0 update for the PA-500Musikant I thought there wasroom for improvement so to cut a long story short I simply re-programmed the entire PERFORMANCES, 256 in all. Also the styles, both internal and user, are a new mixture and thrown into the bargain are some
great user sounds. All in all a great way to meet with a new challenge for your PA arranger keyboard. And though there is no accounting for tastes I am sure whatever yours , there will be something for your liking….

Although I have spent over 60 hours programming I will offer all of my efforts
for free, hoping nonetheless that anyone pleased with the results will be willing to throw in a small donation to keep my programming spirits up !

If you want the software simply send a mail requesting the BKP file for your Korg PA keyboard. (Please specify which PA keyboard you have got )
You will receive the BKP file as well as a handy concise manual of how to install as well as how to get the best out of my programming.
Of course all of your comments will be welcomed here or on any other Korg Forum.

pasounds@zeelandnet.nl

Holland, December 2010
John Smies

....Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a
musical 2011.....

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 12-16-2010).]

#301128 - 12/19/10 10:53 PM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
john smies Offline

I am pleased to say that since my announcement here and on the KOrg forum scores of PA owners all over the world have responded and have expressed their appreciation.
On the down side it has struck me that there are still quite a few keyboard owners that, no matter how good their musical abilities may be, are extremely poor in programming. And I am not referring to indepth programming but simply loading, swapping, etc. of internal sound and style banks.
Anyway for detailed information and for all Korg PA owners I refer to reactions and my detailed explanation on Sharp's KORG site.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57490&sid=2ac2ec31c30ba7d815d1b8c1610164f6

kind regards,
John Smies

#301129 - 12/25/10 12:01 PM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow - John, you did some really cool things in this new setup - I feel like I got a new keyboard! (how about THAT for timing, huh?)
I tweaked a few things, saved a few setups and I'm taking a break from it for a bit, but I plan to go back to it after dinner tonight and fine tune it even more.

I only wish Korg was as easy as Yamaha to cut and paste sounds, styles, bits & pieces and such ... There are so many little things I would do to customize it if only they were easier. I'll comment more later, but so far - it's a winner!

#301130 - 12/25/10 06:35 PM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
Dnj Offline

Is there anywhere we can hear the difference A/B between the Stock & the new programed sounds/styles on the Korg?....

#301131 - 01/04/11 12:01 AM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
john smies Offline

Just to let all KORG PA owners know that from today onwards my 2011 Musical Resources will no longer be available for PA-2X, nor for free.
Unfortunately it is my experience that most PA owners asking for my Resources have been taking all of my efforts for granted , unwilling to reciprocate. From today onwards I am charging 25 euros (staggering I know....)but there it is. However it does include yet another Bonus PA surprise!!

As Uncle Dave pointed out to me in a personal mail I have not adhered very strictly to the categories which may be a problem for those entertaining live, but in addition to the BKP file you will now also receive all of the seperate files so that you can organize the way you see fit.

Interest in these 2011 Musical Resources has been substantial worldwide and so have been the comments. Two comments I would like to include to show the extremes of the reactions to my work, both from Germany as it happens:

PA owner 1:

" Donation ? We Korg People do things for free for one another. (....blasphemy.....), You have no character !!! "

PA-500m owner 2:
"...Hello John,

Big thanks for the BKP file and all the work you have done.Have only skimmed the surface so far but I am very impressed. In Germany there are many PA players who have been waiting for a BKP like the one you completed. I have made a donation and hope you will carry on programming. etc.etc.....

Best wishes,
John

#301132 - 01/04/11 01:23 AM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Question John:

Can the BKP from the PA500 Musikant can be installed in the regular PA 500?

Thank you by the way, as I told you in my email, you fine tune the overall mixing EQ, FX, Volumens, etc....lot of time to do all those details.
Keep up the good work.

------------------
mdorantes

#301133 - 01/04/11 02:45 AM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
john smies Offline

hello Manuel,

I will answer your private mail in detail but just as to make clear to all and sundry, any KORG BKP file is exclusively for one type of PA keyboard.......

#301134 - 01/04/11 01:08 PM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi John,

could you please elaborate.

I downloaded your BKP file a couple of months ago.
Unfortunately for me, it wasn't suitable because it reorganized my PA800 & I have a number of my own user styles & sounds that I use. So I put it in the too hard basket & just loaded my own BKP back in.

What do you mean by seperate files?

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by john smies:
[B]

As Uncle Dave pointed out to me in a personal mail I have not adhered very strictly to the categories which may be a problem for those entertaining live, but in addition to the BKP file you will now also receive all of the seperate files so that you can organize the way you see fit.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#301135 - 01/05/11 12:46 AM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
john smies Offline

Hi Rikki,

Well it is quite simple actually.
Loading a BKP file you do not have a choice, you simply load all things the way I created or arranged them.
If you have the seperate files for STYLES (20 banks), PERFORMANCES (20 banks), USER SOUNDS (2 or 3 banks) etc. you can then first of all replace your own settings that is your own BKP file and file it up with performances and/or styles that you liked in my BKP file set up. Capisce ?

P.S. Rikki, the file you downloaded is an entirely different BKP file. The current one was created during november/december...

P.P.S.
For those interested there is a vehement discussion going on on the subject of my programming on Sharp's Korg Forum:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57490&postdays=0&postorder =asc&start=0

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 01-05-2011).]

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 01-05-2011).]

#301136 - 01/05/11 01:04 AM Re: Brand new 2011 software for Korg PA arranger keyboards
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi John,
I am sorry to hear you are not getting the support (financial) you deserve. Especially after all the work you did. (and my very small contribution )

As you know, I have removed it totally from my system. NOT because it was not good, on the contrary it was an excellent resource package, but just not to my taste or use of the PA.

In my case, I felt no payment was needed as I did not keep the package, and neither do I actually use any part of it.

I hope your comments re no "donation" do not apply here??

I do sympathise though and for the mostt part I agree with your stance, and disagree with some of the comments at the Korg forum, where some folks dare to say it SHOULD be free!!! WTF!!!

Anyhoo, good luck in your future endeavours along this path. You are a good programmer with a good feel for an arrangement.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 01-05-2011).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online