SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#275751 - 11/14/09 08:06 AM Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Yes,

Went to my local dealer today played their Audya for about 10 mins OS 3.0A Locked up.

Doh!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#275752 - 11/14/09 08:38 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
You should cary an extra set of keys with you, to unlock.

#275753 - 11/14/09 10:56 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I suppose you registered what made it happen and that
the dealer report it to Ketron.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#275754 - 11/14/09 11:36 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
I suppose you registered what made it happen and that
the dealer report it to Ketron.

GJ

Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#275755 - 11/14/09 11:38 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up! The Audya will lock up if you fart while playing it, I can't report that to a dealer.

#275756 - 11/14/09 11:43 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up

Quote:
Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up!

1200 beats pr. min???
You played it to pass the melting point, no wonder it call in the night, all keys melted
together and polyphony limit passed as well.....
GJ

#275757 - 11/14/09 11:51 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
1200 beats pr. min???
You played it to pass the melting point, no wonder it call in the night, all keys melted
together and polyphony limit passed as well.....
GJ

Jonny,

It's the UK sense of Humor, I never play quite that fast, when the KB locks up you will never find what caused it , it is impossible.

#275758 - 11/14/09 12:27 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up

Quote:
...when the KB locks up you will never find what caused it , it is impossible.

Depends of if it is a one time happening while ordinary playing without any special buttonpushing
who might trigger the same fault to happen again..

Unfornately a periodical "come and go" fault without any idea about what caused it is very hard to
localize and resolve.
Guess Ketron have a hard time find out, and if they read SZ, they probably found that you most be
a top candidate for Betatesting, "Tony The Audya Killer". LOL
Or who knows, maybe they wish you never tried any Audya at the first place?

Cheers
GJ

Pst, Norwegian humor

#275759 - 11/14/09 12:46 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If the dealer upgraded the audya to be 3.0, there is a chance the upgrade was not installed properly. Again, I say chance...

#275760 - 11/14/09 03:29 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Personally, on something that you EXPECT to lock up at some point or another (C'mon! You weren't SERIOUSLY expecting it to work flawlessly, were you? ), you really need to concentrate just a little bit harder on remembering what it was you did just before the lockup...

I know it's a PITA, and detracts from the playing enjoyment, but with the Audya in its' fragile state, Ketron probably need as much intelligent informed feedback as is humanly possible, to better help them squash these bugs. All it might take is ONE user to report a reliable sequence of events that causes a lockup (including the speed at which you make OS requests), and they MIGHT be able to squash the bug once and for all.

Having accepted the responsibility of being a 'beta tester' whether you knew it or not by buying the damn thing, given how good it sounds, knuckling down and making a strong effort to remember EVERY button push and OS call (even more than what chord you play or melody you play) will probably in the end result in you starting to have some real confidence in the product as Ketron fix the issues.

I went through the same process with Roland (although no bugs were able to freeze it), and a community of users determined to assist Ketron find and squash the bugs WILL make the instrument better. It just takes patience, determination and concentration (especially while you 'noodle'). I helped run the G70 Bug Forum, and can assure you that it CAN be done. It's not enjoyable at the time, but after the bugs are fixed, you can enjoy playing in the knowledge that, in whatever small way you got involved, YOU were a part of that enjoyment...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online