Bad News Auyda still locks up

Posted by: Tony Hughes

Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 08:06 AM

Yes,

Went to my local dealer today played their Audya for about 10 mins OS 3.0A Locked up.

Doh!!!
Posted by: Nedim

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 08:38 AM

You should cary an extra set of keys with you, to unlock.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 10:56 AM

I suppose you registered what made it happen and that
the dealer report it to Ketron.

GJ

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
I suppose you registered what made it happen and that
the dealer report it to Ketron.

GJ

Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up!

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up! The Audya will lock up if you fart while playing it, I can't report that to a dealer.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 11:43 AM

Quote:
Jonny when you play KB do you play one note at a time and wait in between a while, I haven't a clue what caused the Audya to lock up I was playing Bluegrass at the time 1200 beats to the min pressing buttons like they are out of fashion, is there only me that play like this. I think I need to Beta test all KBs don't you! I bet I could get them all to lock up!

1200 beats pr. min???
You played it to pass the melting point, no wonder it call in the night, all keys melted
together and polyphony limit passed as well.....
GJ

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
1200 beats pr. min???
You played it to pass the melting point, no wonder it call in the night, all keys melted
together and polyphony limit passed as well.....
GJ

Jonny,

It's the UK sense of Humor, I never play quite that fast, when the KB locks up you will never find what caused it , it is impossible.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 12:27 PM

Quote:
...when the KB locks up you will never find what caused it , it is impossible.

Depends of if it is a one time happening while ordinary playing without any special buttonpushing
who might trigger the same fault to happen again..

Unfornately a periodical "come and go" fault without any idea about what caused it is very hard to
localize and resolve.
Guess Ketron have a hard time find out, and if they read SZ, they probably found that you most be
a top candidate for Betatesting, "Tony The Audya Killer". LOL
Or who knows, maybe they wish you never tried any Audya at the first place?

Cheers
GJ

Pst, Norwegian humor
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 12:46 PM

If the dealer upgraded the audya to be 3.0, there is a chance the upgrade was not installed properly. Again, I say chance...
Posted by: Diki

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/14/09 03:29 PM

Personally, on something that you EXPECT to lock up at some point or another (C'mon! You weren't SERIOUSLY expecting it to work flawlessly, were you? ), you really need to concentrate just a little bit harder on remembering what it was you did just before the lockup...

I know it's a PITA, and detracts from the playing enjoyment, but with the Audya in its' fragile state, Ketron probably need as much intelligent informed feedback as is humanly possible, to better help them squash these bugs. All it might take is ONE user to report a reliable sequence of events that causes a lockup (including the speed at which you make OS requests), and they MIGHT be able to squash the bug once and for all.

Having accepted the responsibility of being a 'beta tester' whether you knew it or not by buying the damn thing, given how good it sounds, knuckling down and making a strong effort to remember EVERY button push and OS call (even more than what chord you play or melody you play) will probably in the end result in you starting to have some real confidence in the product as Ketron fix the issues.

I went through the same process with Roland (although no bugs were able to freeze it), and a community of users determined to assist Ketron find and squash the bugs WILL make the instrument better. It just takes patience, determination and concentration (especially while you 'noodle'). I helped run the G70 Bug Forum, and can assure you that it CAN be done. It's not enjoyable at the time, but after the bugs are fixed, you can enjoy playing in the knowledge that, in whatever small way you got involved, YOU were a part of that enjoyment...

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/15/09 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Personally, on something that you EXPECT to lock up at some point or another (C'mon! You weren't SERIOUSLY expecting it to work flawlessly, were you? ), you really need to concentrate just a little bit harder on remembering what it was you did just before the lockup...

I know it's a PITA, and detracts from the playing enjoyment, but with the Audya in its' fragile state, Ketron probably need as much intelligent informed feedback as is humanly possible, to better help them squash these bugs. All it might take is ONE user to report a reliable sequence of events that causes a lockup (including the speed at which you make OS requests), and they MIGHT be able to squash the bug once and for all.

Having accepted the responsibility of being a 'beta tester' whether you knew it or not by buying the damn thing, given how good it sounds, knuckling down and making a strong effort to remember EVERY button push and OS call (even more than what chord you play or melody you play) will probably in the end result in you starting to have some real confidence in the product as Ketron fix the issues.

I went through the same process with Roland (although no bugs were able to freeze it), and a community of users determined to assist Ketron find and squash the bugs WILL make the instrument better. It just takes patience, determination and concentration (especially while you 'noodle'). I helped run the G70 Bug Forum, and can assure you that it CAN be done. It's not enjoyable at the time, but after the bugs are fixed, you can enjoy playing in the knowledge that, in whatever small way you got involved, YOU were a part of that enjoyment...

Diki,

You are heading right back to the cooler, calm down, not even you with all you years of experience would be able to know what button you pressed to get the Audya to lock up, the chap who played it yesterday has been playing Kb for the last 35 years professionally. It is simple Diki the bloody thing should not lock up and that’s the end of it, it is still not fit for propose, don’t look any deeper into it, it needs fixing. Now about not loading the OS3 on properly, how do you need to hold your mouth when you are doing it. You know this site is a bit like the justice in the UK for Murder you will get 100 hours community service or a leg tag, I expected Diki to be away for light years, I am glad he is back, but Diki put the guns away. Don’t shoot me I am only the poor messenger .

Regards
Tony
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/16/09 07:32 AM

When Ketron introduced 4.0 with the SD1, I was still demo guy for Ketron, many problems were created when customers tried to update. If done incorrectly, the keyboard would be funky in many ways. Particularily when a keyboard was purchased with 1.0, which most demo keyboards in music stores could possibly be.

It was just a thought.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/16/09 08:33 AM

Quote:
Diki, You are heading right back to the cooler, calm down, not even you with all you years of experience would be able to know what button you pressed to get the Audya to lock up, the chap who played it yesterday has been playing Kb for the last 35 years professionally. It is simple Diki the bloody thing should not lock up and that’s the end of it, it is still not fit for propose, don’t look any deeper into it, it needs fixing. Now about not loading the OS3 on properly, how do you need to hold your mouth when you are doing it. You know this site is a bit like the justice in the UK for Murder you will get 100 hours community service or a leg tag, I expected Diki to be away for light years, I am glad he is back, but Diki put the guns away. Don’t shoot me I am only the poor messenger .

I've read and re-read Diki's post three times now, and I still can't find anything objectionable about it.

Perhaps rather than sending *him* to "the cooler", we should be sending all these delicate little flowers somewhere far from the world of online forums, where instead of engaging in spirited discussion, they can sit in a virtual circle singing I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing to each other?

I know who'd I'd rather have around.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/16/09 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
I've read and re-read Diki's post three times now, and I still can't find anything objectionable about it.

Perhaps rather than sending *him* to "the cooler", we should be sending all these delicate little flowers somewhere far from the world of online forums, where instead of engaging in spirited discussion, they can sit in a virtual circle singing I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing to each other?

I did close in saying it's good for him to be back he has lots of experience, long live Diki.We should not be waging war on each other, it's not our fault that we have bought a pile of tosh - it didn't say that on the technical specification that it had all these problems.

Cheers Seamaster
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/16/09 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:

Certainly you make a good point, but Diki was not suspended for the post on this thread.

I do notice there is very little "spirited discussion" on Roland arranger forum...this forum (SZ) seems to be the only place where it is allowed (or tolerated, in some cases).

That's why I come to Synth Zone...it is far more liberal than other ones I have visited.

I think Nigel does an exceptional job with moderating, especially considering the diverse natures of the members of this forum.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/16/09 01:23 PM

Seamaster, I too am a big proponent of free speech as long as it doesn't involve race, ethnicity, nationality, physical appearance, and generally things that we have no control over. Furthermore, Diki is someone whom I consider a friend and for whom I'm patiently waiting for his 'time out' to be over. However, I'm not going to freak out in the meantime. During his brief, accidental appearance, he himself apologized for his part in the circumstances surrounding his 'vacation' from SZ. I think that speaks volumes about the fairness of Nigel's decision in this matter.

I think that in order to maintain the kind of decorum he wants on this board, Nigel has drawn a very liberal and lenient line in the sand, with a big sign that says, 'Cross at your own risk'. Kids (that's us here on SZ) always test the limits to see how much they can get away with. Diki and Donny will be back, feisty as ever, but with a better feel for where the line is.

Diki, if you're out there, I'm working on my Sax emulation technique, baby. Remember, you still got the Saints. Who dat?

chas
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/18/09 08:28 PM

Just got back. Did I miss something? Why was/is Dikki suspended?

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Just got back. Did I miss something? Why was/is Dikki suspended?

For picking on poor defenseless Donny. BTW, could you people stop putting an extra 'k' in his name (unless you're trying to emphasize something ).

chas

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 06:28 AM

Sorry cgiles. That was a 'typo'.

In which thread?

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 06:50 AM

Quote:
In which thread?

all of 'em.

Posted by: Irishacts

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 07:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry cgiles. That was a 'typo'.

In which thread?

Priceless...
You work for Ketron and your only reply to this thread (see the title) is what happened to Diki.

I'm not being rude, just pointing out the fact that I find this extremely funny.

Screw the keyboard and the fact it keeps crashing, there's gossip to be had.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 07:24 AM

Diki is one of those whose reports and reviews we've used to revise some of our software for better improvement (along with many others ofcourse). We do monitor forums and customer input from other venues too, to implement new updates for our instruments.

Not responding to every post/email (due to time constraints)doesn't mean the concern is not being reviewed and implemented (if found tangible).

Thanks,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Ketron_AJ (edited 11-19-2009).]

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 07:38 AM

Quote:
Diki is one of those whose reports we've used to revise some of our software for better improvement (along with many others ofcourse). We do monitor forums and customer input from other venues too, to implement new updates.

Obviously your listening the wrong people then because Diki doesn't even own an Audya and your keyboard is still crashing at this very late stage in it's life.

Quote:
Not responding to every post/email (due to time constraints)doesn't mean the concern is not being reviewed and implemented (if found tangible).

So you are ignoring emails as well as posts on a public form ?.

Letting them go ignored paints a very horrible picture about the company and the Audya. You guys need to be all over damage control right now. How could anyone have confidence in buying your keyboard as it stands right now when all that's been said.

Just my 2 Cents

James

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Obviously your listening the wrong people then because Diki doesn't even own an Audya and your keyboard is still crashing at this very late stage in it's life.....

Disagree completly in your statement James.

It's very important to listen to possible future customers as well as those who already are
Ketron customers or just become Audya users.
Since Diki are mentioned here, I would say he is a well experienced arranger keyboard user,
and he sure have pointed out what missing and what have to be resolved and added before he
will concider buy an Aydya. That's valuable info for the factory, as well as the all the info
and reports from the rest of the Audya users.

I think it's great that AJ confirm that the Ketron crew are reading and take notice of what's
going on at the fora. I agree in that they could have spend some minutes to participate and
be more visible and active to post / reply about some issues discussed at forums, but if I had
to chose between forum posting and to use time to solve bugs and develope the kb to be more
stable and attractive for the customers, I think both you and I know where to spend the time
and resources.

Cheers
GJ

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 10:22 AM

Quote:
So you are ignoring emails as well as posts on a public form ?.

Letting them go ignored paints a very horrible picture about the company and the Audya. You guys need to be all over damage control right now. How could anyone have confidence in buying your keyboard as it stands right now when all that's been said.

Just my 2 Cents

James

James, has made some good points it is hard to comprehend someone who says Ketron take notice
of this site, if they did we wouldn’t be still complaining. It’s simple become a bit of a joke unfortunately on us! They tell us that OS4 is on the way, it’s like telling a kid he his having and new bike for Christmas, hope it’s got two wheels.

Even though you haven’t got one what do you think Dikkkkkkkkkkkki? In less than 10 words please!

Cheers

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 11:12 AM

Hi GJ

Quote:
Disagree completly in your statement James.

Not to worry, let me just explain myself because I think you have picked me up wrong here.

Quote:
Since Diki are mentioned here, I would say he is a well experienced arranger keyboard user,
and he sure have pointed out what missing and what have to be resolved and added before he
will concider buy an Aydya. That's valuable info for the factory, as well as the all the info
and reports from the rest of the Audya users.

My only reference to Diki is in relation to the keyboard crashing and that since he doesn't even own one, then he's the last person who will be giving them advice on solving bugs.

That's all I said.

Suggestions for new features has nothing to do with fixing bugs.

Quote:
I agree in that they could have spend some minutes to participate and be more visible and active to post / reply about some issues discussed at forums, but if I had to chose between forum posting and to use time to solve bugs and develope the kb to be more stable and attractive for the customers, I think both you and I know where to spend the time and resources.

Yeah but do you think KETRON's entire attitude around the Audya has been fair to the customers who bought into this already ?

Like if I'm asked to be fair and give Ketron a break, man... that's no easy thing to do when you consider everything they have done with this keyboard and the state it's still in.

Regards
James

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hi GJ

Yeah but do you think KETRON's entire attitude around the Audya has been fair to the customers who bought into this already ?

Like if I'm asked to be fair and give Ketron a break, man... that's no easy thing to do when you consider everything they have done with this keyboard and the state it's still in.

Regards
James

James,

You are pushing on an open door with me, if anyone disagrees with what you just said they must have their hand in the till!

Cheers

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Well, I think I've already told my meanings about the far too early release, and that customers
pay a quite high price for a product to become involuntary betatesters instead of happy Ketron
keyboard players/customers.
The rapid updates of the OS tell us Ketron working (hard?) to try repair, fix and upgrade, but if
it's hardware related bugs or faults, OS won't be for any help before the broken part are replaced.

Nope, I don't tell you to give Ketron a break, not at all, but the first place to adress the
problems if no solutions to find at Ketrons website, are to the dealer and/or the local service
team who then should deliver the case further ahead to the factory if nessesary.
Then, when we discuss and cry out loud about the situation, it's god to know what AJ confirms, the
Ketron staff read the fora and even take notice of suggestions made.

That said, by read treads, Ketron should be well aware of what some customers going through because
of product weakness, bugs or failure for some time now. Customer care is very very important, and
Ketron has had plenty of time to manage that part.
Solutions, suggestions and schedule regarding how, where and/or when things going to be repaired or
solved could be the medicine to place big smiles into Audya players face!

I sold my SD1 early because I was mislead to believe that Audya would be ready and a big success.
Release date delayed several times as well as the fact that where I live we have to pay twice as
much as rest of the world for the keyboard.
This made me calm down to wait and see how this would turn out. Now I'm happy I did not rush ...
If I got one of the "Monday items", it would probably give me a big heart-attac while try to find
the fastest way to Italy!
Anyway, as I said in another tread, I'm not scared away, if priced around US $5000 and US $5500 I
would buy just to have fun and explore.
After all, in my opinion no arranger keyboard gives the "live feelig" when play "as is" as Ketron
does!

Cheers
GJ
Posted by: DonM

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 03:45 PM

Maybe it would be more fair to say "give AJ a break". He just returned a day ago from Italy, where he was working on 4.0.
It will be here soon.
My Audya has yet to lock up or crash.
It's not perfect yet, but neither are any of the others.
DonM
Posted by: mc

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 04:02 PM

Don, your 100% correct. It’s very easy to bash a keyboard that some have no intention to purchase. Nor spend the amount of time dwelling on it, as some do. Some should be more concerned about improving there brand of keyboards that they use, because as you say there far from perfect also. I can come up with a list for issues with Roland, Yamaha (my current keyboard) and especially the Korg! I know about 12 people who own the audya and they don’t have the problems that Tony Hughes has, nor are they looking to create problems either.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 04:49 PM

Hi Don.

Quote:
Maybe it would be more fair to say "give AJ a break". He just returned a day ago from Italy, where he was working on 4.0.

AJ is not a programmer, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying he was working on 4.0. It's also nothing personal either so I can't give the guy a break if I didn't get up on his back in the first place.

He simply works for ketron and so the questions are unfortunately directed at him because of it. IF he's jet lagged fair enough, but the current situation has nothing to do with AJ. He didn't create the mess the Audya is in right now.

Quote:
It's not perfect yet, but neither are any of the others.

How much leeway are you going to give Ketron though ? When is enough enough.
They have seriously taken the piss big time on the Audya and 4.0 won't be the end of it either.

Will you just continue to accept it or will there come a point where you have enough ?

Regards
James

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 05:08 PM

Hi mc .

Quote:
It’s very easy to bash a keyboard that some have no intention to purchase.

It's even easier to make a mistake and buy a lemon when people keep their mouths shut and pretend that everything is perfect when it's far from it. That's not directed at anyone, I'm just saying it that way to make you see my point and why I still have an opinion even though I don't own an Audya either.

Quote:
I can come up with a list for issues with Roland, Yamaha (my current keyboard) and especially the Korg! I know about 12 people who own the audya and they don’t have the problems that Tony Hughes has, nor are they looking to create problems either.

Look, I run KORG Forums and I can tell you straight out that if there was even a slight problem in a KORG keyboard we would run around with pitch forks and torches setting the forum on fire. It's just how we do it. Don't give them an inch and they will perform pure magic every time.

KORG's systems are many times more advanced than the competition and yet on the release day of a product the entire system will be included and for the most part bug free. They there will always been some sort of issue with a new release but their track record is flawless for quickly fixing all known issues.

Just look at the OASYS for example. It's by far the most complex workstation on the face of the planet and it's OS is flawless. Not one single know bug at this point.

Ketron is a company designed to make a profit. They are not your friend, so kick them in the arse if your not happy. Being nice to them won't get what you want any sooner.

My 2 cents.

James.

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 05:22 PM

PS: As a general comment......

I say what I say because I actually care. Ketron do indeed need a serious kick in the rear end. They need to get back to their roots of top level Quality Control we have all grown to expect and respect from them.

They are the producers of the finest musical instruments in the world, but their behaviour and efforts with the Audya have been appalling and never seen before in any of their previous products.

If anyone things I'm ever unreasonable or unfair, please let me know. I am interested in having intelligent debates here, not arguments.

Regards
James
Posted by: Henni

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 08:39 PM

I find all these personal, insignificant little vendettas against Ketron hilarious, to say the least.

My friend uses his Ketron for studio work and he is still amazed by it. Ketron proved to be extremely supportive to any and all queries he had. He has nothing but praise for them and the prompt service provided.

Henni

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/19/09 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:
I find all these personal, insignificant little vendettas against Ketron hilarious, to say the least.

My friend uses his Ketron for studio work and he is still amazed by it. Ketron proved to be extremely supportive to any and all queries he had. He has nothing but praise for them and the prompt service provided.

Henni

Henni,

Have I just missed something in what James just said "insignificant little vendettas" didn't sound like that to me, it was pure down to earth criticism about how Ketron are handling a product that they developed, designed, programmed and then sold to us. All they need to do now is make it work right. I know much more about the performance of the Audya than most of you I have had two and they both have problems, I have just witnessed a KB on OS3.0A that locked up whilst I was watching someone playing it, now to tell a programmer like me that OS3.0A has been loaded on incorrectly my jaw drops. There are problem in software in the Audya that are still there from OS1.0 and that is shameful, if you don’t have an Audya I don’t see how you can comment with and vigor.
From now on you can call me Mary Shelly, see wrote insignificant little novel called Frankenstein, you may perhaps spot the parallel with Frankenstein he didn’t work proper either , the frightening part was he died before he got fixed, couldn’t resist that!
Yours Sincerely Mary Shelly

Go here guys and tell me I am talking SH*T
ccantanapoli last item

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001341.html

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-19-2009).]

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/20/09 01:59 AM

Hi Henni.

Quote:

This is a classic example of where one personal says that the sky is blue, and you hear, the Elephant is pink.

Quote:

Your trying to make a point that's already been said by me and others in this thread.

Didn't I just say that this is exactly the type of quality and service Ketron need to get back to. That's the Ketron we have grown to love and respect, not the quality and service we see with the Audya.

Regards
James
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/22/09 06:45 PM

Glad I waited on the Audya. I'll wait for Audya II when it comes out in 2011 me thinks. >> It will mysteriously have gone down in price by about a Grand, will not lock up during critical playing times (or at all.. hopefully ), have even 'more' polyphony, and be even lighter, yet still have 76 keys - albeit, on an even "better" action key bed. It will more or less be what the Audya I was meant to be. Just like Windows 8, which will also be coming out in 2011 (or thereabouts), will be all that Windows 7 should have been too. Ah.. what a breath of fresh air. Yep.. 2011, now that's the ticket. We may even see a 76 key Tyros?? 4 in 2011 too. Wouldn't that be mind boggling eh?

Start saving those pennies.. For Audya "II" or Tyros?? 4 that is. OTOH, Vista with SP2 64 bit is actually pretty decent now. I just might spring for Windows 8 though when it comes out in 2011, or thereabouts. I would have sprung for Windows 7 but the reports coming back, and my own experience with RC1, have given me second thoughts. We'll see.. maybe 7 SP1 perhaps. I think Fran said it best: "if it ain't broke why fix it?" Thanks for the reminder Fran. OTOH, Audya "II" here we come! Audya I appears to be just too buggy to even consider getting if you ask me. But what do I know. DonM, on the other hand, seems to have gotten a good one.. so far. Glad yours is still going strong with no problems to speak of Don.

All the best,
Mike
Posted by: Nedim

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/22/09 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Glad I waited on the Audya. I'll wait for Audya II when it comes out in 2011

Then you better watch the 2012 Movie!

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/22/09 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Then you better watch the 2012 Movie!

1 Billion for a seat on the Ship. Only catch, it's built by Ketron.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/22/09 07:26 PM

I think they are going to "fix" the Audya as much as possible, and then it will be dropped.

The next instruments will be based on the Audya, but be smaller, and cheaper and using bits of the latter.

Methinks a manufacturer's flagship model's high price and sales usually helps pay for the R&D, so that they can manufacture less expensive, but just as profitable instruments using the paid for technology.

In Audya's case, it's hard to imagine much profit from the mediocre sales, all due because an instrument was rushed out the door.

My prediction...

The mid-range arrangers from all brands will be the ones to watch for in the next few years...that's because they are no longer the penalty box they were many years ago, and we'll see more solo arranger players using this type instrument, rather than the TOTL which will become more home orientated.

MOTL...that's where Audya will try and recoup....if they are still in business.

I also think that MOTL workstations could very likely take on more arranger features, perhaps becoming the "pro-ish" speakerless versions of MOTL speaker-ed units...Roland seems to be examining that part of the market with the GW-8/Prelude.

I'm hoping for an arranger piano from Yamaha, based on the P-85, but using the S-series' tone generator and accompaniment engine...they could make it around 30 lbs, I'm sure...t'would be a good alternative to Casio's PX, and Korg's PA-588.

Ian
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/22/09 08:27 PM

BTW, the Windows 8 projection was based on a 'rumor', albeit on the assumption based on the new Windows Server OS which will most likely be coming out in 2011. Usually, when a new Windows Server edition comes out you can generally assume that a new consumer Windows OS will follow shortly thereafter. When confronted with that question regarding the new Windows Server edition Steven Sinofsky of Microsoft put on his best poker face and dismissed the question all together. Which tells you right there that Windows 8 will possibly be the OS that Windows 7 was suppose to be and on a general time line of around 2011 or early 2012. And which it wouldn't really surprise me at all seeing how Microsoft keeps looking for ever more drastic ways to drain consumers wallets through their micro managed Windows OS revisions. Much like Yamaha does with the PSR and Tyros line too in my humble opinion. Or so it seems anyway. PSR S710 or S910 anyone?? Or is it just me.

BTW, I played the S910 recently and I couldn't believe how cheesy the keys felt. I guess I've gotten spoiled playing the superb keys on my Fantom G7 and therefore I must be extremely sensitive now to "sub-par" key bed action I reckon. At least as far as "cheesiness" goes anyway. I hope the Tyros?? 4 doesn't suffer from such a fate. I wouldn't give it a second glance if Yamaha indeed skimps in that area. The Tyros 3's keys are pretty decent though so I wouldn't expect Yamaha to skimp and degrade the Tyros?? 4 key bed any. We'll see.. around November 2011.. or thereabouts.

All the best,
Mike
Posted by: abacus

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/23/09 01:15 AM

Don’t expect Windows 8 till at least mid 2012 at the earliest, although the way Windows 7 has gone down, (First time they have never needed a Beta 2 release) there would be no problem if it didn’t come out till 2013 or 2014 as Windows 7 really is a cracker.
I have been working with computers since the early 80s, and can say that Microsoft really has got their act together with Windows 7. (Much like the leap they made with Office 2007)
Regards

Bill

Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up - 11/23/09 10:11 PM

Quote:
Hi mc .

Look, I run KORG Forums and I can tell you straight out that if there was even a slight problem in a KORG keyboard we would run around with pitch forks and torches setting the forum on fire. It's just how we do it. Don't give them an inch and they will perform pure magic every time.

KORG's systems are many times more advanced than the competition and yet on the release day of a product the entire system will be included and for the most part bug free. They there will always been some sort of issue with a new release but their track record is flawless for quickly fixing all known issues.

Just look at the OASYS for example. It's by far the most complex workstation on the face of the planet and it's OS is flawless. Not one single know bug at this point.

Ketron is a company designed to make a profit. They are not your friend, so kick them in the arse if your not happy. Being nice to them won't get what you want any sooner.

My 2 cents.

James.

I think this answers all our question and James perhaps knows Ketron better than most.