SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#271001 - 09/12/09 11:43 AM LIONSTRACS
Tony Hughes Offline

Has anyone heard or seen a good quality Liontacs demo that you can hear properly with good quality sound, I can't find any, also someone playing a good old tune or don't Liontracs players do that short of stuff, just boom boom boom!!!

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-12-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271002 - 09/12/09 12:04 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
here aso some available: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=39
Almost are made by the Giga sounds library included on MS.

For the all remain stuff, like VST/ASIO, I don't like to much advertising other software company to prove the MS quality audio outs.
You there already know the quality of this all Plugins-Host. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=24

#271003 - 09/13/09 10:17 AM Re: LIONSTRACS
Tony Hughes Offline

LIONSTRACS.

Thats just what I meant, does anoyone play the LIONTRACS KB like the Audya on Youtube someone actually sat at the KB good sound quality playing things like, "MY WAY" and all that sort of stuff. Someone swinging it!!!

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#271004 - 09/13/09 11:55 AM Re: LIONSTRACS
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
LIONSTRACS.

Thats just what I meant, does anoyone play the LIONTRACS KB like the Audya on Youtube someone actually sat at the KB good sound quality playing things like, "MY WAY" and all that sort of stuff. Someone swinging it!!!

Regards

No there aren't

And untill the day that happens Lionstracs will be considered a 2nd grade brand by many despite the technological feautures and possiblities of the mediastation , which is a shame...

I can only advise Don to have a look at the openlabs website to see how a small company can use the internet to actually hype their instruments in a proper way.

Or just get a good demo player that makes high quallity music on it and posts them on Youtube like Ketron does...

The lack of Good demo's played by a top demonstrator currently is Lionstracs bane... they deserve better as technically the instrument has everything a composer/musician/performer could dream of.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#271005 - 09/13/09 01:43 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For them to have a good demonstration, they would actually have to have good styles and sounds OOTB. Every other arranger demo from any factory merely shows how good the thing sounds when YOU get it.

Korg do not demonstrate the PA2X using third party loops and styles, Yamaha do not load up the sampler with audio loops to sell the T3.

I'm afraid that, were there to be a REAL 'factory demo' even using a decent player, all it would likely show is just how much MORE you are going to have to do to it, just to get it to sound as good as a 'closed' arranger...

Were I Dom, to be honest, I'd leave things the way they are, and let those with more 'dreams' than a sense of reality continue to purchase the MS, and find out the expensive way how hard this thing is to use

Me, I'd probably just suggest to anyone thinking about it that, if they haven't ALREADY created a bunch of REALLY good styles for whatever arranger they currently have, what are the odds that they are suddenly going to be able to do it with an MS?

#271006 - 09/13/09 01:52 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
Tony Hughes Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bachus:
[b] No there aren't

And untill the day that happens Lionstracs will be considered a 2nd grade brand by many despite the technological feautures and possiblities of the mediastation , which is a shame...

Where do they go from here, are they selling any units.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-13-2009).]

#271007 - 09/13/09 02:00 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
Diki Offline

I imagine they are doing pretty well in the dance/DJ modern electronica field. Seems like it was BUILT for them...

Don't think it is setting the arranger users' world on fire, though.

#271008 - 09/13/09 09:56 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
For them to have a good demonstration, they would actually have to have good styles and sounds OOTB. Every other arranger demo from any factory merely shows how good the thing sounds when YOU get it.

Korg do not demonstrate the PA2X using third party loops and styles, Yamaha do not load up the sampler with audio loops to sell the T3.

I'm afraid that, were there to be a REAL 'factory demo' even using a decent player, all it would likely show is just how much MORE you are going to have to do to it, just to get it to sound as good as a 'closed' arranger...

Were I Dom, to be honest, I'd leave things the way they are, and let those with more 'dreams' than a sense of reality continue to purchase the MS, and find out the expensive way how hard this thing is to use

Me, I'd probably just suggest to anyone thinking about it that, if they haven't ALREADY created a bunch of REALLY good styles for whatever arranger they currently have, what are the odds that they are suddenly going to be able to do it with an MS?

I disagree on NOT Demoing with standard styles, Lionstracs SHOULD Demo with their non standard styles ,its currently more a music production workstation which involves creating things yourself.

So they should demo it with music created by top musicians to show how good it can sound and what can be done with it (Have a peek at Open labs demo's)

Tough if they want a shot at the Home arranger market they should load it up with top quallity styles for all purposes and show them to the people, next to that they should demo yamaha styles (through live styler) that sound nearly as good as the styles sound on T3.

But they don't do neither of this and so they will be a niche product (which is okay since all Media stations are hand build)

Somehow they seem to be doing okay since i get the feeling that all units they produce are being sold.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 09-13-2009).]

#271009 - 09/13/09 11:40 PM Re: LIONSTRACS
Diki Offline

As everybody keeps pointing out and demonstrating, what percentage of arranger users are NOT 'home' players, or professional players that play the same kind of music (basically, non-electronica, acoustic music of a generally 'classic' nature )...?

Precious few.

I just don't understand why Dom keeps missing this basic fact. It's not as if the MS COULDN'T be a great arranger (in the sense that most of us here understand an arranger to be), but it would take the development of a ROM style and sound selection better than they have chosen (and a few well placed OS improvements). This having been addressed, the MS would be a major contender. Ketron, at least, understand that, although you can have at least PARTS of their OS 'open' (the live loops), you can't HOPE to make it in the marketplace without a great library of ROM styles. I mean, what would persuade ANYONE to buy an Audya if all they did was enable the audio drums feature, but left it to YOU to provide all the loops? But they, at least, are not that dumb! They make a cracking library for it, and it is a very popular (if expensive) keyboard.

How come Dom never gets this? Why sell to a tiny handful of either VERY dedicated dance music producer/techheads, and a few more gullible dreamers that don't equate really poor demos with a really poor playing experience, and think that voicing and styling a hi-tech arranger is going to be a piece of cake (best of luck! )..?

When you COULD sell to the entire market by the simple (comparatively, compared to designing and building the thing) addition of high quality OOTB content. That's all Ketron have done. Doesn't Dom WANT to sell a boatload of MS's?

#271010 - 09/14/09 07:39 AM Re: LIONSTRACS
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As everybody keeps pointing out and demonstrating, what percentage of arranger users are NOT 'home' players, or professional players that play the same kind of music (basically, non-electronica, acoustic music of a generally 'classic' nature )...?

Precious few.

I just don't understand why Dom keeps missing this basic fact. It's not as if the MS COULDN'T be a great arranger (in the sense that most of us here understand an arranger to be), but it would take the development of a ROM style and sound selection better than they have chosen (and a few well placed OS improvements). This having been addressed, the MS would be a major contender. Ketron, at least, understand that, although you can have at least PARTS of their OS 'open' (the live loops), you can't HOPE to make it in the marketplace without a great library of ROM styles. I mean, what would persuade ANYONE to buy an Audya if all they did was enable the audio drums feature, but left it to YOU to provide all the loops? But they, at least, are not that dumb! They make a cracking library for it, and it is a very popular (if expensive) keyboard.

How come Dom never gets this? Why sell to a tiny handful of either VERY dedicated dance music producer/techheads, and a few more gullible dreamers that don't equate really poor demos with a really poor playing experience, and think that voicing and styling a hi-tech arranger is going to be a piece of cake (best of luck! )..?

When you COULD sell to the entire market by the simple (comparatively, compared to designing and building the thing) addition of high quality OOTB content. That's all Ketron have done. Doesn't Dom WANT to sell a boatload of MS's?

I think most of the home players that own an arranger don't want to pay this much money..

What percentage of the home players has a $3000 and up arranger keyboard ?

I think Yamaha is a good excample to mostly use the T3 as a good tool to sell its cheeper models. (T3 technollogy inside)

Porblem is that currently mediastations demo's aren't aiming at anyone at all. Not at home users and not at professional musicians that need a vst workstation.

But then, i think mediastation is still selling all units they produce (by hand) so why should they advertise if they can't produce any more units then they currently sell ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online