SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#248987 - 11/22/08 06:19 AM Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Does anyone here have a Nintendo Wii.., and if so are you hooked up to the net? Memebers can keep in touch through these systems.., and Nintendo is releasing a mic so that any and all connected Wii owners from all over the world can voice chat either through game play or just to simply chat.

If anyone here has a Wii and is connected we can all exchange Wii numbers and use that as another means of keeping in touch. Those who have the Wii systems can also tell you (who use the units to keep in touch with others) that you don't even have to log on to the server to see you got a message. The Wii's are very cool in that the system has a cool blue glow when you have a message Plus you can use these to send email to eachothers Wii systems.

Anyways.., if anyone here has a Wii and wants to exchange Wii numbers chime in....

Sorry a bit off topic.. My wife just suggested this to me and I thought it may be something others here would be interested in trying. (I know we got a few Gamers here.., but they don't admit it).
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#248988 - 11/22/08 06:24 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
Dnj Offline

What is Wii?

#248989 - 11/22/08 06:50 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What is Wii?

It's a a kid's video game....Nintendo make it.

#248990 - 11/22/08 07:16 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
squeak_D Offline

Wii is not "a kids video game". Wii is the system itself.., and if you think it's all for kiddies.., then you clearly havent a clue. There are many titles for adults.., that require ID to purchase them as they're not for kiddies. Hell.., Wii's are being used in physical rehab centers, used for keeping in shape with work-out games that do Yoga and much more..., it's unreal what they're doing now for ADULTS.

Donny.., the Wii is the gaming system. It's not just a gaming system though. There are gamers here too.., our own Nigel plays a role in the industry. These new systems all go online and allow you to keep in touch with friends all over the world by sending emails.., sharing pics, voice chatting, and even gaming together.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#248991 - 11/22/08 07:36 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
ianmcnll Offline

Oh...I have a clue...and it was primarily designed for kids, although it is also used by adults.

I'm very familiar with the system...my girlfriend's seven year old granddaughter has one...she loves it.

Why are you responding to my posts...I thought you were going to give it up....how disappointing.

Ian

#248992 - 11/22/08 07:45 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
squeak_D Offline

Anyways.., before the forums dedicated topic trashers and instigators blast this one in the toilet.., if any of you out there (and I'm quite confident some of you are out there-admit it or not) are interested in another way to keep in touch with members here.., the Wii's give us another option.

**I really hope Nigel keeps track of how some members here OBVIOUSLY do whatever they can to stir up problems.. How sad it is when members point out other ways to stay in touch with eachother.., the forums instigators always gotta throw in their smart ass remarks**

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-22-2008).]

#248993 - 11/22/08 07:53 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
ianmcnll Offline

Some people are so sensitive...

No topic trashers or instigators on this thread that I can see...just members expressing an opinion and answering questions.

The Wii is a nice setup...I use a Playstation2 myself...great fun...love Gran Turismo4...got the wheel and pedals...getting old is inevitable...growing up is optional.

#248994 - 11/22/08 07:54 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Squeak - I have a Wii and it's a great system for adults and kids. MY wife, daughter and I use the WiiFit program and it's definitely not for slackards. I also love the AMF Pro bowling. The grandkids come over and rock on Guitar Hero and now Wii Music (don't care for that one; a waste of $49 IMO).

I would be interested in swapping numbers if enough members are interested, but I don't know if I have a number - yet. The chat system would work a lot like Skype or other such VOIP programs.

AND LET ME ADD that I agree with you Squeek that some of our so-called friends can easily turn into bashers, whether they realize it or not. I would hope that the forum is a place to expand our knowledge basses, not contain them. As mother used to say, 'if you can't say something nice, move to another topic.'

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 11-22-2008).]

#248995 - 11/22/08 08:01 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
**I really hope Nigel keeps track of how some members here OBVIOUSLY do whatever they can to stir up problems.. How sad it is when members point out other ways to stay in touch with eachother.., the forums instigators always gotta throw in their smart ass remarks**

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-22-2008).]

Please watch your language....no need of being crude.

No one is stirring up anything but you, bud, so lose the attitude, please.

Ian

#248996 - 11/22/08 08:05 AM Re: Nintendo Wii's (if you got them), Zoners can use them to stay in touch.
squeak_D Offline

Cassp.., if you have a wireless internet set up in your home.., you'll have a Wii number It would be a fun way to keep in touch with other members here. Heck.., you never know.., maybe some of us have the same games that would allow us to play together

Myself..., I'm a history nut.., so I'm really into the Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty games that deal with WWII.., and other military related games. I also play the Tiger Woods Golf (which is great when I can't hit the real greens because of the season). I even play the Cabela's hunting games. I'm not into all those crazy titles like Grand Theft and Man Hunt.., that just go way beyond the line with violence though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online