SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243295 - 09/25/08 12:31 PM Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm mailing out small ($100.00) checks next Wednesday to charities chosen by my very good friends Rory, Don M and Tony and Lydia.

Don has chosen the Boosier (should be BOOZER?? Mason lives there, you know) County Sheriffs Office. That check will go to Don Wednesday for delivery.

Tony and Lydia have choosen the Meeting Street School. That check will go to them for delivery on Wednesday.(Guys, check your email. Dumb old Russ lost your address AGAIN!).

Rory previously chose the JSonar group (last quarter) and also identified another excellent organization; both doing major good things to assist in accessibility to blind people. Rory delivered the first check to JSonar last quarter. I'm adding the 2nd organization and sending a check to them Wednesday. Then, I'm keeping both organizations on the list to get
two additional checks each next year...one in January and one in April.

That means I need two more suggestions for January, and others to be added to the on-going list.

Chas, if you'll get me your mailing address, I'll send you a check for the New Orleans Habitat project you suggested and support. You'll get that in January.

Much thanks for helping me with this small project. The dollars won't make all that much difference, but working with my friends here to do something for the less fortunate just seems appropriate.

To me, that's part of what friends are all about.

Please, folks, send me additional suggestions to fill up the calendar for next year. Right now, there are 6 slots open for 2009...maby more, if I decide to expand the program.

Best personal regards,

Russ

#243296 - 09/25/08 01:12 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
Dnj Offline

Russ your a "GOOD MAN"!!!!

#243297 - 09/25/08 01:15 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I present St. Jude's childrens Hospital in Memphis, Tn. for your prayerful consideration.
this hospital accepts all children with or without pay and their success rate is phenomenal. It was started by Danny Thomas many years ago.
No I am not catholic and it doesn't make any difference. We have willed half of our estate to this hospital. It is truly a worth cause for you all to consider,
Thank you Russ for all that you do. You are appreciated.
Bebop

#243298 - 09/25/08 01:33 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
captain Russ Offline

Bill-your fine group is on the list for a $100.00 check to be mailed on January 1. Good choice. The world needs more folks like you. My family foundation has been a supporter of the Danny Thomas hospital for over 20 years. I'll send the check to you, as I do all first checks. When it arrives, would you get it to the charity and tell the folks there that it is in honor of our assocaition as musicians and good personal friends? I'll need your home address to send the check, if you'll email it to me before the January 1 mailing date.

Donny, your school is in line for a 2nd bigger (possibly $10,000.00) donation from the family foundation I manage. At the very least, there will be a substantial donation to a national group that concentrates on treatment for autism. It's on the list for a meeting scheduled in February to finalize the list. I'll let you know...

Still have one slot open for January 1, if Chas does not take it. As it stands, the charities chosen by Bill, Rory and either Chas or the next member with input on a worthwhile group will get checks mailed January 1.

Let me know...doing this little project together just makes me feel GOOD! And doing things ,creating music together, for instance, is, for me at least, the great thing about being a musician.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 09-25-2008).]

#243299 - 09/25/08 02:02 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you Russ, You are very kind and considerate, as I have found all Kentucky people to be since I married my Kentucky bride 34 years ago. I have spent a lot of time there and would love to live there and might yet one of these days. Someday we will be stopping by in the big Motorhome to shake your hand and give you a personal thank you. Hope you have a real large parking place
I have sent an email to your address you have on the synthzone assuming it is current and correct.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop & Jann

#243300 - 09/25/08 02:19 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I feel honored to even browse the same web pages as you guys...

Keep up the good work.
Theodore

#243301 - 09/25/08 02:52 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Russ, I will match your donation, and try to get a couple of other pickers here to do the same!
DonM

#243302 - 09/25/08 03:14 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
captain Russ Offline

"Gentleman Don"...when I grow up, I want to be just like you!

Thanks, friend,

Russ

#243303 - 09/25/08 04:30 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, my bad. You'll be hearing from me in the next day or so. I too, will be matching your generous contribution. I plan to go there (NOL) this spring. Thanks again.

chas

#243304 - 09/25/08 06:12 PM Re: Check s" in the mail next Wednesday.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... you are amazing, and I thank you for supporting Meeting Street school, an organization that Lydia and I have contributed to for a number of years ...
thnx agn,
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online